Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 15, 2021 9:08 AM
May 2021
Sword art online used to be extremely popular. However, it had a big downfall in season 2. Plenty of people treat it like nothing is worse than it. The show is average for me, I cannot see a show like this being one of the worst.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 15, 2021 9:18 AM
Jul 2020
Yeah, I’d say the same about MHA, everyone loved it until people just decided to shit on it.
Oct 15, 2021 9:23 AM
Jan 2021
Of course it's not one of the worst, it's actually one of the best.
Oct 15, 2021 9:25 AM
Jul 2020
TRUEHOOUINKYOUMA said:
Sword art online used to be extremely popular. However, it had a big downfall in season 2. Plenty of people treat it like nothing is worse than it. The show is average for me, I cannot see a show like this being one of the worst.

Well,a lot of people hate it,what can we do? They're free to hate it too. It's not like fan will disappear. Me too though it was good for the first half of s1,and the rest just nonsense to me. But I never hate it to the point I would called it garbage.
Oct 15, 2021 9:28 AM
Jan 2021
The show is pretty solid tbh I wouldn’t say one of the best though but enjoyed it a lot. Ppl love hating on stuff just to hate on it without giving valid reasons.
Oct 15, 2021 9:29 AM
Jul 2018
Man I very much like Sao. Every anime has haters and lovers it's common. But if you hate some anime then you shouldn't say it's worst or overrated just say it's not good in my opinion. Tbh Sao is one of my favorite anime.
Oct 15, 2021 9:30 AM
Nov 2020
I think if this anime dont have genre romance.. It will be good.. (Sry for bad english)
Oct 15, 2021 9:32 AM
Jan 2021
Mr_Giraffa said:

No it's not. It's closer to being the worst than it is to being the best. And also Kirito is in the top10 worst mcs for me.
Oct 15, 2021 9:33 AM

Dec 2020
I started watching SAO with my brother and I actually enjoyed it. Then… there was the part with fairy world and I wanted to drop it. For ME It would be great anime If the author ended it in a first half of first season and did not extend it until the fairy world part. So in my opinion SAO would be sooo fire 12-13 episode anime.
Oct 15, 2021 9:34 AM

Jan 2021
Jkappele said:
Yeah, I’d say the same about MHA, everyone loved it until people just decided to shit on it.

Exactly. These shows are not the best, but they are far from being bad. Its just that decide to shit about any show if it gets popular.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Oct 15, 2021 9:37 AM

May 2020
It still won't change anyone's perspective, that's for sure.
Oct 15, 2021 9:38 AM
Jan 2018
Yeah I wouldnt say worst anime of all time. The first season was pretty good. I just think it got worse every season after that.
Brack_ObungaOct 15, 2021 9:43 AM
Oct 15, 2021 9:42 AM
Jan 2021
VaggPe said:
Mr_Giraffa said:

No it's not. It's closer to being the worst than it is to being the best. And also Kirito is in the top10 worst mcs for me.

Yes, it is. (15 characters)
Oct 15, 2021 9:44 AM
Jan 2021
Mr_Giraffa said:
VaggPe said:

Explain to me why it is. Cause I can't find any other reason apart from the soundtrack and animation.
Oct 15, 2021 9:47 AM
Jul 2018
Because it's a very popular opinion and people tend to blindly follow popular opinions. Look at MHA and KNY, they are not masterpieces but not garbage either. But around 61k people have this in their favourites and more than 260k people have given it a 10.
Oct 15, 2021 9:49 AM

May 2021
Yes , the first season was perfect for me
Oct 15, 2021 9:52 AM
Jan 2021
I’m gonna say some shit that’s gonna get me killed but SAO is mid af not bottom tier anime the first season was pretty good the second was ok I didn’t totally hate it and alicazation was ok so a six or seven is the score everyone should give these seasons
Oct 15, 2021 9:52 AM
Jul 2020
it's because it's the focal point of all things shitty isekai and is such a let down with an amazing premise but everything else is kinda boring
Oct 15, 2021 9:55 AM

Dec 2020
RedZ21 said:
Because it's a very popular opinion and people tend to blindly follow popular opinions. Look at MHA and KNY, they are not masterpieces but not garbage either. But around 61k people have this in their favourites and more than 260k people have given it a 10.
Well, I think thats not the main problem, how I said above, It would be great anime but some parts just ruined it, Thats clearly my opinion. Obviously the thing which you said 'bout MHA and KNY, they are overrated, I second that but what can we do ? There is so many NEW anime watchers which started watching in quarantine or something and mostly they will start with a new gen anime which do have hype.
Oct 15, 2021 10:01 AM
Apr 2021
I have watched a lot of considerably worse series
Oct 15, 2021 10:04 AM
Jan 2021
VaggPe said:
Mr_Giraffa said:

Explain to me why it is. Cause I can't find any other reason apart from the soundtrack and animation.

Actually animation isn't so good, i would say it supllies what is needed. But yeah, soundtrack, Yuki Kajiura is awesome, story, like all the arcs are connected and also have their own pourpose, characters like Asuna, Yuuki, Alice, Eugeo, Quinella, (Kazuto it's an all right mc, neither good or bad), interesting questions like interesting questions about the rights of an artificial intelligence, and other stuffs.
Basically, it's good because i'm saying it is, and that being my opinion, it won't be the words of a hater that will change my mind. So don't waste your time trying to get others to share your opinion just because you don't like it. If you don't agree, ok, that's just your opinion, so just ignore what i think and Live a happy life. I also tend to ignore what i don't like, but only replied because you directed the message directly to me, anyway, i have a little to blame too.
Also don't tell me to "watch more anime to see something that's really good", because I've seen a lot of them and my opinion of Sword Art Online remains the same. That's it, if you don't agree, then just have a nice day, i have more things to do.
Oct 15, 2021 10:07 AM
May 2021
Brack_Obunga said:
Yeah I wouldnt say worst anime of all time. The first season was pretty good. I just think it got worse every season after that.

Have you even seen Alicization and Alicization: War of the Underworld??
Oct 15, 2021 10:07 AM
Mar 2021
Mr_Giraffa said:

Thx for saying that, whenever I say that on a post, they just shit on me just because it‘s my favorite anime like ever 👍👍
Oct 15, 2021 10:11 AM
Jan 2021
chrisspear said:
Mr_Giraffa said:

Thx for saying that, whenever I say that on a post, they just shit on me just because it‘s my favorite anime like ever 👍👍

Don't worry man, the important thing is what you think, the opinion of others shouldn't change anything in how someone sees your preferences.
And SAO is also personally my favorite anime, they'll probably talk more shit about me, but i don't even care ;v.
Oct 15, 2021 10:16 AM
Nov 2020
TRUEHOOUINKYOUMA said:
we do it for da memes mate✌️
Oct 15, 2021 10:18 AM
Jul 2018
BiohazardBK said:
RedZ21 said:
Well, I think thats not the main problem, how I said above, It would be great anime but some parts just ruined it, Thats clearly my opinion. Obviously the thing which you said 'bout MHA and KNY, they are overrated, I second that but what can we do ? There is so many NEW anime watchers which started watching in quarantine or something and mostly they will start with a new gen anime which do have hype.

I agree, it's obvious that there are flaws. I also forgot that people can genuinely give it 1 because the flaws ruined the anime for them. I apologize for writing that. I also agree on what you said about hype. Demon Slayer was already becoming popular during the end of 2019 and the quarantine helped to boost its popularity. When something suddenly gains so much hype, then it's pretty obvious that it won't be able to satisfy everyone.
removed-userOct 15, 2021 10:25 AM
Oct 15, 2021 10:28 AM

Dec 2020
[quote=RedZ21 message=64663390]
BiohazardBK said:
RedZ21 said:
Right there isn't like any anime or tv show, serial, book, manga whatever without flaws or mistakes
cuz everyone likes something different and I can agree with you that flaws or mistakes can ruin the show BUT there are actually (unfortunetly) people which rate it with ''1'' and I feel like these people are total ignorants or trollers like when somebody for fun rate boku no pico with ''10''. But there will always be someone like that, unfortunetly.
Oct 15, 2021 10:49 AM
Feb 2021
I love SAO and I think that it's great. Some seasons lack a decent story, but they keep true to the characters in every season.
Oct 15, 2021 11:07 AM
Oct 2021
sao was the first anime i’ve watched and i actually enjoyed it quite a bit no idea way it’s hated so much.
Oct 15, 2021 11:39 AM
Mar 2020
I enjoy it personally. I find it quite a fun enjoyable show it definitely has flaws though. The biggest issues was definitely in the Alpham online or Fairy Dance arc. But the rest is alright in my opinion. As for it being overrated I completely agree. Everyone acts like it’s the worst show ever but if SAO is what you consider the worst ever you have never seen truely poor quality anime ever because there are plenty of shows way worse than SAO. People are free and I hate it or not like it but don’t get up on your high horse and act like it is the worst anime you’ve ever seen because it definitely isn’t. But yeah it’s way too hated for the type of show it is. If even it’s haters can admit the animation is solid or the concept is intresting it already has a leg up compared to other terrible show. Point is way too hated.
Oct 15, 2021 11:47 AM
Mar 2020
Jkappele said:

Not a lot if people shit on or hate MHA. The most I’ve heard is people think it’s overrated or they hate Deku or don’t like a good chunk of the fan base. Which is not the same as hating MHA and I think are all valid points in my opinion. Although some elitists do think the anime is normie trash but elitists tend hate anything that isn’t to their standards and shit on shows before giving them a proper chance. I’ve yet to hear someone besides an elitist say MHA is literally trash though unless you can give me examples of it.
Oct 15, 2021 11:48 AM

Jul 2017
Its just that it being dissapointing, the premise is good, execution isnt.
It deserves the hate
Oct 15, 2021 11:55 AM

Jan 2021
i actually feel it was a little better than average tbh. forgettable, but still fun.
Oct 15, 2021 11:58 AM
Jul 2018
Mr_Giraffa said:

Yes, only people with good taste know SAO is great. I don't even bother arguing with anyone who says its bad. I like it and thats all that matters to me.
Oct 15, 2021 12:03 PM

Jul 2015
It's not by any means the worst. It has some flaws. Severe flaws, which drag overall quality in the long run.
For example, the infamous quality drop between first and second arc is HUGE. Only comparable to Promised Neverland.

Oct 15, 2021 12:08 PM
Aug 2021
Honestly, I liked sao only until the end of Sword Art Online game. And Gun Gale Online was fine too, but idk, I didn't like ALO. I didn't watch SAO:alicization yet, so I can't tell, if it is good. And yea, SAO is overhated
Oct 15, 2021 12:12 PM

Jun 2021
Imagine getting such polarizing views on an anime. That's when you know it's gained some popularity. When the voices from both side of the extremes start drumming their beats.

As for me, I like the concept of the world, but not so much the singular plot beats that focus only on Kirito. Ended up enjoying Alicization up until Kirito stepped back in. But overall, it's alright in my book.
Oct 15, 2021 12:35 PM
Shirayuki-Fan
Jul 2020
sao is the only anime with characters that have no sense of the story. you can basically delete all the girls from the anime and it wouldn't make a difference.
Oct 15, 2021 1:45 PM

Aug 2021
Season was pretty good and everything after S2 part 2 was bullshit .... But yeah it's still not the worst
Stawberry Milk Supremacy
Oct 15, 2021 2:46 PM

Aug 2020
Personally I loved S2 but wasn't a fan of the 2nd half of S1

Oct 15, 2021 3:22 PM
Sep 2021
Imo SAO would’ve been ten times better if it focused on the time everyone spent in Aincrad instead of skipping 50 floors and then going to the next arc which I believe brought most of the hate.
Oct 15, 2021 6:02 PM
Dec 2020
Nothing more humbling than liking SAO.
Oct 15, 2021 6:22 PM
Feb 2021
Yes. Like any other anime,SAO had a few flaws,albeit,major ones. But refusing the appreciate the greater good part of the anime solely because of that minority flaw is unfair. Many other animes have also sufffered the same fate,e.g,MHA,Black Clover
Oct 15, 2021 6:24 PM
Jan 2021
i feel like i’m probably the only one who found all seasons good lmao, the story was quite different in each season and all of them were interesting imo
Oct 15, 2021 7:02 PM
Jun 2021
Man people are still barging about SOA is good or bad
Oct 15, 2021 7:44 PM
Jan 2019
Ugh people just hate things because they know they can't find anything to really hate about it.
Yes season 2 wasn't as impressive as the first.
But the hate this anime gets is ridiculously stupid.
Oct 15, 2021 7:58 PM

Sep 2021
Garbage will the get hate it deserves.
Oct 15, 2021 9:03 PM
Aug 2021
Actually I like this animé. Dunno why it is hated so much.
Oct 15, 2021 10:07 PM
Aug 2021
Actually, i loved all the seasons, and it is certainly not one of the worst since it entertained me a lot, even today I am firm on my opinion, too much overhating.
Oct 15, 2021 10:44 PM
Jul 2021
TRUEHOOUINKYOUMA said:
It was average and decent to me till the first half of the season that it started shit jng around it's not probably worse show ever but imo it's just bad you are free to like whatever you want who didn't enjoy it will hate it and who did will like it that's the simple as that
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Apr 23, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

164 by OneAutmmLeaf »»
Apr 21, 7:12 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 21, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1445 by abahterunh »»
Apr 20, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

949 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 7:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.