Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 10, 2021 5:28 AM
Oct 2021
I've noticed many different colours in the series, the most common is Blue and Red lightning when transmuting something.

In the spin-off movie, "The Sacred Star of Milos" Ashley Crichton uses green alchemy and fake Ashley (Security Chief Atlas) uses purple alchemy.

What do they mean?
Oct 10, 2021 6:07 AM
Jan 2021
To be honest I’m not sure if they mean anything I think it’s just to show good and evil characters and with Ashley being green maybe signifying she’s neither of them. Truly not sure. 🤔
Oct 10, 2021 6:31 AM
Dec 2020
As far as I've noticed, red means they're using a philosopher's stone while blue means normal alchemy/eastern alchemy.
I don't remember the other colors well, but I think they're just foreign types of alchemy.
Oct 10, 2021 7:31 AM
Oct 2021
Stuart2003 said:
To be honest I’m not sure if they mean anything I think it’s just to show good and evil characters and with Ashley being green maybe signifying she’s neither of them. Truly not sure. 🤔
Maybe, but then what about Atlas? He was definitely evil but had purple lightning
Oct 10, 2021 2:31 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Deadbones1226 said:
As far as I've noticed, red means they're using a philosopher's stone while blue means normal alchemy/eastern alchemy.
I don't remember the other colors well, but I think they're just foreign types of alchemy.

This is a great answer, never thougth of it that way👍👍.
Oct 18, 2021 10:18 AM
Oct 2021
momentie said:
Deadbones1226 said:

I managed to find a complete explanation on the wiki:

"In the anime, when alchemy is performed, the energy released (in the form of electric discharge) is of varying colors.

Blue - Normal transmutations tend to generate a light blue, almost white, light. It is the most common, versatile color produced.

Red - Transmutations performed using the Philosopher's Stone or Red Stones generate bright red energy discharges. This includes the light generated when the Homunculi's bodies regenerate, as well as when Envy shapeshifts. Also, Scar's "arm of destruction" produces a red discharge in the 2003 anime.

Green - In the 2003 anime continuity, the Tringham brothers create a green light when they use their specialized plant alchemy. In the same anime, the alchemist Lujon unleashes green energy when trying to cure fossilitis victims unaided (without the stone). In The Sacred Star of Milos, Ashleigh Crichton and Julia Crichton use green-colored alchemy.

Pink - In Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa, the alchemic electrical discharge Dietlinde Eckhart produces with her unique brand of alchemy takes on both light- and dark-pink hues. At the beginning of the same movie, Huskisson seems to briefly produce a pink-colored light when attempting a Human Transmutation. In the 2003 anime, the alchemist Majhal uses pinkish-hued alchemic light as well.

Purple - In The Sacred Star of Milos, Atlas' lightning alchemy is purple-colored. In episode 2 of the 2003 anime, Father Cornello seems to generate purple-colored discharge when using the power of his fake Philosopher's Stone.

Dark Purple - Unaided human transmutations (those performed without the Stone) create a deep, blackish-purple light, some of it—if not all of it—emanating from the Gate, itself.

Yellow - A yellow light is made when Major Armstrong uses his "artistic alchemy which has been passed down in the Armstrong family for generations". This could be the result of it being earth-based transmutation or simply a unique trait of his specialized alchemy. in the 2003 Anime, the alchemist Lyra generates yellow light whenever she uses alchemy.

Orange - Mustang's fire attacks generate orange light that zig-zags through the air toward his target.

White - In the 2003 anime continuity, the electrical energy produced by Solf J. Kimblee's explosion alchemy is a pure white color. In the 2003 anime, some of the Homunculi's bodies rarely produce white discharge when regenerating (such as when Greed's head regenerates), and Envy's body creates white light when transforming."
Oct 18, 2021 10:37 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Calyxx said:
momentie said:

"In the anime, when alchemy is performed, the energy released (in the form of electric discharge) is of varying colors.

Blue - Normal transmutations tend to generate a light blue, almost white, light. It is the most common, versatile color produced.

Red - Transmutations performed using the Philosopher's Stone or Red Stones generate bright red energy discharges. This includes the light generated when the Homunculi's bodies regenerate, as well as when Envy shapeshifts. Also, Scar's "arm of destruction" produces a red discharge in the 2003 anime.

Green - In the 2003 anime continuity, the Tringham brothers create a green light when they use their specialized plant alchemy. In the same anime, the alchemist Lujon unleashes green energy when trying to cure fossilitis victims unaided (without the stone). In The Sacred Star of Milos, Ashleigh Crichton and Julia Crichton use green-colored alchemy.

Pink - In Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa, the alchemic electrical discharge Dietlinde Eckhart produces with her unique brand of alchemy takes on both light- and dark-pink hues. At the beginning of the same movie, Huskisson seems to briefly produce a pink-colored light when attempting a Human Transmutation. In the 2003 anime, the alchemist Majhal uses pinkish-hued alchemic light as well.

Purple - In The Sacred Star of Milos, Atlas' lightning alchemy is purple-colored. In episode 2 of the 2003 anime, Father Cornello seems to generate purple-colored discharge when using the power of his fake Philosopher's Stone.

Dark Purple - Unaided human transmutations (those performed without the Stone) create a deep, blackish-purple light, some of it—if not all of it—emanating from the Gate, itself.

Yellow - A yellow light is made when Major Armstrong uses his "artistic alchemy which has been passed down in the Armstrong family for generations". This could be the result of it being earth-based transmutation or simply a unique trait of his specialized alchemy. in the 2003 Anime, the alchemist Lyra generates yellow light whenever she uses alchemy.

Orange - Mustang's fire attacks generate orange light that zig-zags through the air toward his target.

White - In the 2003 anime continuity, the electrical energy produced by Solf J. Kimblee's explosion alchemy is a pure white color. In the 2003 anime, some of the Homunculi's bodies rarely produce white discharge when regenerating (such as when Greed's head regenerates), and Envy's body creates white light when transforming."

Ho-oh, thanks for the detailed info, never really thougth fmab's magic system had such complex internal workings😁😎.
Oct 20, 2021 9:57 AM
Oct 2021
I
momentie said:
Calyxx said:

Ho-oh, thanks for the detailed info, never really thougth fmab's magic system had such complex internal workings😁😎.
It's crazy how much detail they go into about this stuff
Oct 20, 2021 10:03 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Calyxx said:
I
momentie said:

Ya, and in this case we're only talking about a minor aesthetic change too, that many may never even see!
Oct 20, 2021 10:55 AM
Oct 2021
momentie said:
Calyxx said:
I

Ya, and in this case we're only talking about a minor aesthetic change too, that many may never even see!
Even the patterns on transmutation circles have a certain formula they have to follow (I was bored and went down a bit of a rabbit hole on the Wiki)
Oct 20, 2021 11:49 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Calyxx said:
momentie said:

Even the patterns on transmutation circles have a certain formula they have to follow (I was bored and went down a bit of a rabbit hole on the Wiki)

😂There are worse rabbit holes you could pick😉
momentieOct 20, 2021 5:41 PM
Oct 24, 2021 9:32 AM
Oct 2021
momentie said:
Calyxx said:

😂There are worse rabbit holes you could pick😉
don't remind me :')

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Milos no Seinaru Hoshi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jrittmayer - Jul 15, 2011

149 by eilyRodggers »»
Sep 14, 2023 2:59 AM

» Is this movie tied to FMA or FMAB?

Xileop - Aug 10, 2020

2 by Pecado_Carnal »»
Mar 14, 2021 1:25 PM

» Sacred Star of Milos specials

Tringle - Oct 31, 2015

0 by Tringle »»
Oct 31, 2015 1:52 PM

» Final Battle...?

-Crys - Mar 19, 2013

1 by SailorKagome »»
Apr 19, 2013 8:38 AM

» When does it air ???i mean its the 2nd of july

FMA-SUKI - Jul 2, 2011

15 by tsubasalover »»
Oct 17, 2011 7:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.