Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 9, 2021 7:06 AM

Jul 2020
This thread is probably gonna be closed but both of these anime are made by amateurs, so why fantasy kaleidoscope still isn't on the website ?
[center][img]signature.png[/img][/center]
Oct 9, 2021 7:58 AM
Jul 2021
Joachim_Joestar said:
This thread is probably gonna be closed but both of these anime are made by amateurs, so why fantasy kaleidoscope still isn't on the website ?

Finally someone who also talks about it. I totally agree, even Fantasy Kaleidoscope is quality enough to have its own entry in MAL, even to be a production made by fans for fans. Even so, I want to clarify that this doujin anime with an entrance is not bad, I have seen its 4 chapters and it's premise is interesting, but FK is much better and deserves an entry much more, in my opinion.

AndroxyOct 9, 2021 8:05 AM
Dec 6, 2021 12:40 AM
Oct 2020
not to mention that some quality anime doesn't get into mal entry like castlevania for example...
Dec 6, 2021 1:38 AM

Feb 2019
From the database guidelines:

Doujinshi/independent anime [are valid for the database] if:

• it has been acquired and released by a reputable company;
  • the creator has won one of the following significant anime awards: Tokyo International Anime Award, Mainichi Film Award or Japan Media Arts Festival award; or
  • at least one staff member is a professional Japanese anime/manga creator.

MK has professional VAs, FK does not. It's not a matter of "deserving an entry" due to quality.

Idiel96 said:
not to mention that some quality anime doesn't get into mal entry like castlevania for example...

That's a Western production.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Jan 17, 2022 3:07 PM
Jan 2015
Thigh_Tide said:

Doujinshi/independent anime [are valid for the database] if:

• it has been acquired and released by a reputable company;
  • the creator has won one of the following significant anime awards: Tokyo International Anime Award, Mainichi Film Award or Japan Media Arts Festival award; or
  • at least one staff member is a professional Japanese anime/manga creator.

MK has professional VAs, FK does not. It's not a matter of "deserving an entry" due to quality.

Since when are cast-members considered to be staff-members? VA's aren't part of the staff-section of MAL, so why would VAs play into that?
Jan 19, 2022 6:57 AM

Feb 2019
Jarik761 said:
Thigh_Tide said:

Since when are cast-members considered to be staff-members? VA's aren't part of the staff-section of MAL, so why would VAs play into that?

Since always. They're employed to contribute to the production of an anime, what about that isn't being a staff member?
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Jul 9, 2022 7:38 AM

May 2017
Memories of Phantasm is one of my favorite animes, with an amazing quality, soundtrack and animation. It's a big shame it doesn't have an entry
Kazuma Desu
Jul 23, 2022 9:51 PM

Dec 2014
PattisL said:
Memories of Phantasm is one of my favorite animes, with an amazing quality, soundtrack and animation. It's a big shame it doesn't have an entry
It does have an "entry", not very recognized, but it still there is.

But MAL "Muh Logic".
FragMentizedJul 23, 2022 9:55 PM
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Sep 18, 2022 1:51 PM

Jul 2007
MAL database mods are some of the dumbest human beings to have ever existed.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Nov 6, 2022 1:19 PM
Laika Moonlight

Dec 2020
Fun-fact, the band that composed the OST of Memories of Phantasm is Yuuhei Satellite, who also performed the ED of the very-much "database-approved" Komori-san Can't Decline!
Heck, MAL even misattributes Memories of Phantasm's first opening to the lost Anime Tenchou x Touhou Project OVA

I honestly don't see why famous seiyuu being in Summer's Day Dream (and also in the Chinese Touhou fan cartoon Secret Sealing Club Activity Record) is enough to qualify them for MAL DB entries, but Yuuhei Satellite composing Memories of Phantasm's OST isn't, lol

Same with the IOSYS music videos and the BAD Apple!! music video, since IOSYS and Nomico respectively have also contributed to "database worthy" series

I'm genuinely curious if it's an oversight on MAL's behalf or if they prioritize VAs over music composers when deciding what gets added to the DB. I can't complain. Honestly, I'm glad certain Touhou fan cartoons are even on the DB to begin with, lol
My greatest contribution to this website:
May 17, 2023 3:38 AM

More topics from this board

» Is Touhou for certified hood niggas

putaslayer - Mar 29

5 by Nightmare1266 »»
Apr 6, 8:46 PM

» Episode 4

Treepy - Nov 14, 2021

18 by Siranto1 »»
Sep 28, 2023 11:26 AM

Poll: » Touhou Niji Sousaku Doujin Anime: Musou Kakyou Episode 4 Discussion

Ranacchi - May 17, 2023

2 by Siranto1 »»
Sep 28, 2023 11:18 AM

» When will this anime be finished?

Tsubaki13 - Aug 18, 2013

21 by rockrick »»
Feb 28, 2023 7:47 PM

Poll: » Touhou Niji Sousaku Doujin Anime: Musou Kakyou Episode 1 Discussion

Hakua - Nov 19, 2010

33 by StateofOhayo »»
Jan 12, 2023 6:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.