Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 5, 2021 2:58 AM
Jan 2021
Can we still get a s3? Many old anime have gotten sequels so maybe this can get one aswell
Sep 5, 2021 4:16 AM
Feb 2020
There’s still more manga to be told so I mean anything is possssssiiiiblleeeee (look up Kevin Garnett anything is possible on YouTube)
Sep 5, 2021 4:58 AM
Feb 2021
You know anything is possible like we get the reboot of Fruits Basket after 18 years so we can aslo get a reboot or s3 ... Well let's just hope for it
Sep 5, 2021 8:22 AM
Apr 2021
I really hope we get a s3
Heard that the best parts of the story are in the later chapters of the manga. Hope production I.G(or any other studios really) will give it a good reboot. I'm starting to miss Sawakaze even tho i finished kimi ni todoke just 2 months ago :((
Sep 5, 2021 9:22 AM
Aug 2020
It's been a decade since the last season aired. It's possible for a studio to pick it up again after a long time, but it is highly unlikely - especially since the manga already ended.

If you really loved the series, and need more of it, I suggest you read the manga. I've
only read about 3 manga series in my entire lifetime, and I understand that for most people watching anime is better than reading the manga. However the manga of kimi ni todoke was still equally as enjoyable, beautiful, and wholesome as the anime.
Sep 5, 2021 10:10 AM

Oct 2019
There’s enough content for 2 Seasons, considering that there’s nearly 100 chapters left. Hopefully it gets the Fruits Basket treatment and adapt the whole manga. It’s a beloved Romance Masterpiece so I think eventually they will, also considering that there’s a Spin-off where Kurumi is the protagonist that is currently being published they might need to tie both series.
Sep 6, 2021 3:50 PM
Feb 2021
Everything is possible, butttttt I definitely doubt it. It’s been a long time since the last season. So I really doubt it, unless another studio picks it up. But I doubt that’s even going to happen.
Oct 18, 2022 9:40 AM

Oct 2022
Bleach got a sequel, now we need season 3 of Kimi ni Todoke!!
Audaces fortuna juvat.
Dec 11, 2022 5:01 AM

Jan 2013
I'm writing for those who have lingering questions about whether there is a possibility for a S3. Saddens me to say but the realistic answer to this is it's unfortunately super unlikely, but it doesn't hurt to hope. Some recent examples of reboots bringing in sizeable viewership are Shaman King 2020, Bleach:TYBW, and Fruits basket, which may signal to studios that anime reboots aren't as big a risk as thought previously.
Its always bummed me out that Kimi ni Todoke was never picked up for a s3, and I don't think there's any definitive reason as to why. Could have been lack of viewership, low sales, lack of source material, or a large number of other factors that resulted in it never happening. I do remember thinking at the time that season 3 will pick up soon after the manga starts to accumulate more chapters, and I recall a lot people were anticipating a 3rd season, it being high on their list of potential anime to return. All that to say, I don't think viewership was the biggest issue.

There were also a lot of other anime during that time that never got picked up after their first season despite their huge popularity, like Ao Haru Ride and Usagi Drop. This may be a bit of a generalization, but modern shojo manga rarely get their full story covered in an anime, nevertheless two adaptations - original and reboot. Unfortunately, japanese studios don't think of shojo the same way as shonen. Shonen are long-running, 20-minute affairs that occur alongside their manga to boost viewership, and shojo historically tend to hover around the 12-24 episode mark, with the hope that viewers will tune into the manga afterwards.
Fruits basket is a really really rare case. Bleach returning was never suppose to happen and may only have due to interest from Disney. Shaman King returned as a 25th anniversary special. In most instances, anime reboots are an incredibly special occurrences.

Some last predictions on my part. Last decade we saw a boom in reboots for movies due to nostalgia. This decade we're seeing streaming sites bring back shows many of us grew up with (as both reboots and sequels), and to large success. With this years crunchyroll and funimation merger I think there's a possibility for something to change in the space to give rise to older shows being rebooted, especially considering the boom in popularity both anime and manga have received this decade. Unfortunately the rights to anime and manga are a harder sphere to work in as they operate more closely to that of western movies based off novels. Even still, maybe we'll see a huge surge for nostalgia for old shojo anime/manga? Maybe netflix/disney or even crunchyroll will step up to the plate and purchase streaming rights for sequels and spinoffs. Crunchy roll originals have been an interesting exercise in producing webtoons and other non-japanese properties, perhaps we'll see them work on sequels to shows that were swept by the wayside like Kimi ni Todoke. I don't imagine that to be the case as the new stuff has always taken precedent, but I'm hopeful that shojo anime adaptations won't just fade into obscurity after their first season like it has in the past.
Jan 11, 2023 12:07 AM

Oct 2012
no I don't think so
Sep 3, 2023 3:07 PM
Sep 2021
Congratulations, 3rd season just have announced
Sep 3, 2023 9:55 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to TheBlackCrow
I'm writing for those who have lingering questions about whether there is a possibility for a S3. Saddens me to say but the realistic answer to this is it's unfortunately super unlikely, but it doesn't hurt to hope. Some recent examples of reboots bringing in sizeable viewership are Shaman King 2020, Bleach:TYBW, and Fruits basket, which may signal to studios that anime reboots aren't as big a risk as thought previously.
Its always bummed me out that Kimi ni Todoke was never picked up for a s3, and I don't think there's any definitive reason as to why. Could have been lack of viewership, low sales, lack of source material, or a large number of other factors that resulted in it never happening. I do remember thinking at the time that season 3 will pick up soon after the manga starts to accumulate more chapters, and I recall a lot people were anticipating a 3rd season, it being high on their list of potential anime to return. All that to say, I don't think viewership was the biggest issue.

There were also a lot of other anime during that time that never got picked up after their first season despite their huge popularity, like Ao Haru Ride and Usagi Drop. This may be a bit of a generalization, but modern shojo manga rarely get their full story covered in an anime, nevertheless two adaptations - original and reboot. Unfortunately, japanese studios don't think of shojo the same way as shonen. Shonen are long-running, 20-minute affairs that occur alongside their manga to boost viewership, and shojo historically tend to hover around the 12-24 episode mark, with the hope that viewers will tune into the manga afterwards.
Fruits basket is a really really rare case. Bleach returning was never suppose to happen and may only have due to interest from Disney. Shaman King returned as a 25th anniversary special. In most instances, anime reboots are an incredibly special occurrences.

Some last predictions on my part. Last decade we saw a boom in reboots for movies due to nostalgia. This decade we're seeing streaming sites bring back shows many of us grew up with (as both reboots and sequels), and to large success. With this years crunchyroll and funimation merger I think there's a possibility for something to change in the space to give rise to older shows being rebooted, especially considering the boom in popularity both anime and manga have received this decade. Unfortunately the rights to anime and manga are a harder sphere to work in as they operate more closely to that of western movies based off novels. Even still, maybe we'll see a huge surge for nostalgia for old shojo anime/manga? Maybe netflix/disney or even crunchyroll will step up to the plate and purchase streaming rights for sequels and spinoffs. Crunchy roll originals have been an interesting exercise in producing webtoons and other non-japanese properties, perhaps we'll see them work on sequels to shows that were swept by the wayside like Kimi ni Todoke. I don't imagine that to be the case as the new stuff has always taken precedent, but I'm hopeful that shojo anime adaptations won't just fade into obscurity after their first season like it has in the past.
Can't believe how hard I predicted this lol
Sep 10, 2023 9:38 PM

Oct 2022
Reply to Bleachtard_N1
Bleachtard_N1 said:

I guess someone is reading comments on MAL, thanks! Can we also bring back Ookiku Furikabutte, 80s/90s style action movies with honourable masculine man as a main character and even more masculine man as the villian, and DVDs? (I don't use streaming services and i wait for Bleach release on DVDs in Russia for the past 18 years or so, lol)
Audaces fortuna juvat.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Mar 29, 2011

102 by Rexnihilo »»
Yesterday, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Feb 15, 2011

212 by Rexnihilo »»
Apr 24, 7:14 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 25, 2011

149 by Rexnihilo »»
Apr 24, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2011

182 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 12, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 8, 2011

221 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 12, 8:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.