Forum Settings
Forums

Asuka and Kenuske Relationship Clarification by Asuka's VA

New
Aug 28, 2021 11:31 AM
Oct 2017
Let's cut to the chase shall we:
Miyamura in a live stream on March 20th has agreed to the father figure interpretation of Kensuke. She has expressed her distaste at the idea of Kensuke as a Asuka's partner, clarified Anno and Tsurumaki themselves told her he's a father figure. She also expresses disappointment at Asuka not being happy "with the main character".

Actual transcript's translation's : Asuka's Voice Actress Clarification translation.

ASUKA VA: "Asuka is not human, so she can't live with the people of the Third Village, so she stays at Kenken's house.
For 14 years, Asuka's body did not grow, but her hair did, and she was lonely.
Kenken took care of Asuka, who was lonely.
Asuka must have been very happy with Kenken's warmth.
Kenken is now in the position of Kaji-san.
Kenken is such a good guy. Do you think that such a good guy would press for physical relations with a troubled 14 year old girl?
When Asuka says to Shinji, "I grew up first," she doesn't mean that sexually.
Asuka said "I'm alone" (main movie). Asuka was lonely.
Kenken was watching over Asuka.
I think Kenken is like a father.
The 14 year old Shinji is different from the 28 year old Kenken.
Asuka and Kenken's relationship is not a romantic one, but a parent-child one.
When Shinji says "I think I liked Asuka", he means that he liked her at that time, even though he never came back 14 years ago.
The last scene of Adult Asuka is a love letter to Asuka fans (lol)
I felt sorry for Asuka because she was eaten three times.
Actually, the last scene during the recording was explained by General Director Anno and Director Tsurumaki.
I was told by General Director Anno that I was lined up in the ending scene with the child Asuka and someone who looked like her father, even though I couldn't recognize his face as Ken Ken.
I thought it would be better to have an Asuka-alone ending.
I'm not a fan of the "Kenken" ending.
I don't believe that Kenken would ever touch Asuka, but...
I don't think the original Asuka is Soryu Asuka.
She was instructed to act as Soryu and Shikinami separately.
The last scene of "Shin-Eva" was not a clone.
The last scene of "Shin-Eva" is the last scene of the old theatrical version, so I think the Asuka Sokarai (adult Asuka) was saved and flew away.
I thought she was cute when they showed me the setting picture of Adult Asuka during the recording sessions. I told the staff, "I want this."
The fact that Asuka called him "Baka Shinji" has a special meaning to me.
That Kenken would never touch 14 year old Asuka. "

I doubt anyone is gonna ship AsuKen and MariShin. Thus far there is almost no material for them being made yet we're already seeing a wave of fanart and trolls. In a few months time people will forget about them, and A/S will maintain prominence of the franchise. Maybe one day Anno will pull a Tomino and revisit again. (update: two weeks in, and yeah, pretty much zero)

To conclude: Asushin is validated in a meta and franchise sense, but didn't happen in this continuity (which is not linked to NGE+EoE!) because of the timeskip, like we expected. Their feelings are legitimized, but Asuka moved on with her life. A valid point for all of us to understand. I was expecting all of this, but I wasn't expecting this much material for Asushin, that elevates the ship in the whole franchise. There will certainly be a lot more fan and official material coming in the future, as Anno wants to open up Eva for new creators. Japanese fans are loving the movie itself, and every single LAS fan I've seen there is also okay with it.

Hope you all are doing well and having a good day. :)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Shinji x Asuka: yay or nay?

Rosamaria - Dec 10, 2012

20 by Germanwulf3 »»
Jun 22, 2020 7:36 PM

» Favourite Asuka Quote

Drybananna - Sep 21, 2008

34 by Optigisa »»
May 16, 2019 3:29 PM

Poll: » Which Asuka do you like better?

-Secret- - Aug 27, 2009

33 by Optigisa »»
May 16, 2019 3:27 PM

» [closed thread] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fayto - Jun 22, 2009

388 by Thatevafag »»
Apr 24, 2017 12:20 PM

Poll: » Miyamura or Grant?

Sachi_13 - Sep 21, 2008

26 by Retro_Chocolate »»
Mar 24, 2016 7:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.