Forum Settings
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 18, 2021 10:01 PM
Feb 2021
Is this the end of the series or will there be a third season?
Aug 18, 2021 10:13 PM
May 2021
Yes, it's end of the series.
Aug 18, 2021 10:19 PM
Jul 2021
Won’t know till the movie comes out, just depends on how much chapters of the manga it covers and if there’s enough content left to make a 3rd season
Aug 18, 2021 10:36 PM

Jan 2021
randomnoakuma said:
They haven’t explicitly mentioned this being the end of the series (or I might be mistaken). There’s enough material to make another season on top of the movie too so there’s no telling what’s gonna actually happen. I’m hoping, not expecting mind you, that they do actually adapt a 3rd season.
The first season adapted 4 volumes, which is also the number of volumes remaining. And Season 1 was pretty slow as it is. a movie will atleast take up 2 volumes because this isn't exactly a shonen that can bulk up by stretching fight scenes. 2 or 3 volumes at best aren't sufficient for a season at all. Especially a romcom.
Aug 18, 2021 10:47 PM

Oct 2018
Idk if the staff will going to cram the remaining chapters in the movie or they will use fast pacing.

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Aug 19, 2021 12:45 AM
Nov 2020
I guess they are going to skip a few arcs from the source material (I really, really don't like this idea).
I guess the movie will end where the manga ended, which means they will probably only show the last arc of the series 🤦🏻‍♂️
Aug 19, 2021 3:45 PM
Aug 2021
My guess is that this movie will be the climax and conclusion, with no following season. Given where they chose to wrap up the second season, and moving the bell scene from the scrambled eggs arc to the very end to make it a season cliffhanger, I'd say that narratively it makes sense to have a single movie carry the themes of the last 4 volumes. It's sad to think it might be rushed or cut stuff out, but I'm hopeful the film will do a great job of telling the end of the story well.
Aug 20, 2021 7:22 PM
Apr 2021
the thing is there’s way to much manga left for a movie a season would’ve done better also the way one of the arcs is written episodes would’ve been better but since a movie is happening i wouldn’t expect a third season
Aug 21, 2021 3:39 AM
Jul 2021
If this is the end, then I'm hoping they end it differently than the manga did. Personally, it wasn't that I didn't like the ending, I rather found it unsatisfactory for the series. Could elaborate more if some of y'all want.
Oct 1, 2021 12:59 AM
Jul 2020
Us manga readers have seen
win once already so an anime original ending where uesugi ends up with a different girl would be great
Oct 14, 2021 11:21 PM
Oct 2020
certifiedbinger said:
randomnoakuma said:
They haven’t explicitly mentioned this being the end of the series (or I might be mistaken). There’s enough material to make another season on top of the movie too so there’s no telling what’s gonna actually happen. I’m hoping, not expecting mind you, that they do actually adapt a 3rd season.
The first season adapted 4 volumes, which is also the number of volumes remaining. And Season 1 was pretty slow as it is. a movie will atleast take up 2 volumes because this isn't exactly a shonen that can bulk up by stretching fight scenes. 2 or 3 volumes at best aren't sufficient for a season at all. Especially a romcom.

So what you saying is, there is a possibility that they could make a OVA after this. Hopefully 5 OVAs for 5 endings?
Oct 14, 2021 11:56 PM

Jan 2021
KingAssWhooper said:
certifiedbinger said:

So what you saying is, there is a possibility that they could make a OVA after this. Hopefully 5 OVAs for 5 endings?

Oh no, I was just correcting the guy. He said there was enough content for another season after the movie, but there are literally like 3 volumes left. Season 2 adapted like 6 or 7 at once. With the movie coming up, there's hardly any chance of another season. I mean they'll need to adapt atleast 2 volumes to make a decent length movie. I don't think one volume warrants an OVA or miniseries, so it'll probably be adapted in the movie too.
As good as that OVA thing sounds, there's a pretty low chance because the manga didn't make alternate endings either. Usually OVAs adapt alternate chapters, but the mangaka hasn't done anything of the sort. I heard a Visual Novel is in the making, so that'll probably be your best bet.
Oct 23, 2021 5:25 PM
Mar 2021
I hope it isn’t, there’s still 4 more volumes to go through, if they could at least do one volume of content in this movie and a season covering the rest that’d be awesome
Oct 25, 2021 11:19 PM
Mar 2016
from my calculation the remaining materials can cover another 12 episodes. but because they'll release a movie. and if movie can only last for 1 h 30 m then we might need a movie 2 unless they'll plan to skip/not-to-adapt some part/manga-chapters or they'll plan to make original story with mix manga material or original ending. hope not. if the movie actually last for 2 h 30 m to 45 m then it'll be different outcome. but I doubt this series worth making movie up to 2h 45 m.
Oct 26, 2021 5:48 AM
Feb 2021
Nanow said:
Is this the end of the series or will there be a third season?

From the rumours I’ve heard this movie is gonna adapt the next arc (it feels weird calling them arcs lol) so that in season 3 they can take the time to actually build up some things and fix some issues the manga had, notably the rushed ending of the manga

More topics from this board

» New Anime Project!!!

Hachii13 - Today

25 by FutoiOtaku »»
6 hours ago

» I did NOT like who he choose at the end

Megan1918 - Apr 15

49 by DarrenLikeAnime »»
Apr 17, 5:29 AM

» How are you guys coping with your sunken ship? ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - Oct 27, 2022

83 by Lafan »»
Mar 30, 11:17 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Movie Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GreyratAnimelist - May 19, 2022

345 by Colin-rol-1310 »»
Mar 10, 10:33 AM

» Quintessential Quintuplets didnt know what to do with Itsuki

onionboys - Nov 26, 2022

29 by Crumb101 »»
Sep 24, 2023 8:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.