Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ace of the Diamond
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 10, 2021 11:48 AM
Apr 2019
I live in a country where baseball is not a major sport. I was thinking of watching it, but worried that I might not understand it. So here's my question: Does this anime explain the game of baseball with all it's rules, so that it can be watched even by those who are unfamiliar with baseball?
Aug 10, 2021 12:46 PM
Feb 2021
LuluShirley said:
I live in a country where baseball is not a major sport. I was thinking of watching it, but worried that I might not understand it. So here's my question: Does this anime explain the game of baseball with all it's rules, so that it can be watched even by those who are unfamiliar with baseball?
It's just an opinion cause I didn't watch it yet but in haikyuu for example I knew nothing bout volleyball and with that fact I fell in love with that series, so if it's similar you'll be fine (sorry im not rly helping I just saw noone else answered so :3)
Nir#9404 on discord feel free to DM me
Aug 10, 2021 2:55 PM
Mar 2021
it’s not outrightly explained but u definitely pick it up along the way. u may b confused at the beginning but then u piece things together. like starting i knew absolutely nothing about baseball but now i know what a double rbi is so :) i definitely think u should watch it
Aug 10, 2021 6:03 PM
Feb 2021
I actively watch baseball and I don't even know all of the rules. Don't worry about it too much you don't really need to know baseball to enjoy it. Definitely give it a watch you'll catch on to the basics pretty quick. This anime is top tier! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.(:
Aug 10, 2021 6:32 PM
Mar 2021
LuluShirley said:
hi! It explains some aspects and plays of the game, however i think in my opinion u have to have a basic understanding of baseball. A good youtube video or watching a couple of games will give u good footing. The rest can be enjoyed without having to know all the rules and terms.
Aug 10, 2021 9:21 PM
Apr 2020
LuluShirley said:

when i began dna, i new almost nothing about baseball. over the course of watching it, i definitely grew some understanding of it. you don’t need to know anything about baseball to watch it. it’s my fav sports anime even though i don’t know everything about baseball.
Aug 10, 2021 11:14 PM
Apr 2019
Thanks everyone for your valuable opinions
Aug 11, 2021 10:04 AM
Feb 2021
LuluShirley said:

Okok as someone that didn’t know a bit of baseball I can tell you that this show is amazing. Just like Haikyuu they take time to explain every detail. I now watch some MLB games and feel like an expert hahah

More topics from this board

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 74 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

34 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 71 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

59 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

55 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2015

101 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 21, 4:18 AM

Poll: » Diamond no Ace Episode 63 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

128 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 17, 10:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.