Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 22, 2021 6:17 AM
Jul 2018
Illuminater0_0 said:
Maybe Demon Slayer S2 or the new jujutsu kaisen movie could do it... if not AOT S4 maybe?

I feel like both S2 of demon slayer and jjk movie will maintain close or above a 9 rating while it's airing and then drop a little while after.
Jun 22, 2021 6:19 AM
Jul 2018
br- said:
fmab is like a leach on rank 1. it ain't gonna drop down but if so, fans will immediately make an action

Yeah, heard that whenever an anime gets higher up and close to the #1 ranking, AOT s4 for example, it dropped down partially because of the FMAB fanboys that purposely rated it a 1 to try and lower the overall score and prevent it from being #1.
Jun 22, 2021 6:23 AM
Jul 2018
Hell_raider172 said:
rashthicc said:

Usually animes that are airing get to their highest ratings for a while, then progressively drop down. Who knows though, Fruits Basket does seem like a good anime, hoping for it's success.
Not in every case......
Example 86 is anime which had 7.8 while airing bit after it ended its 8.23
N fruits baskets got great stuff in it so hopefully it beats but will not stay long due to FMBA fanbase TCH

I think it's specifically more mainstream anime that quickly becomes popular and enters the top 50 leaderboards, they tend of have the largest changes when it's airing and a couple of weeks/months after it has finished airing. 86 only has around 250k total memebrs and only 60k people rated it.
Jun 22, 2021 6:29 AM

Nov 2020
Jojo part 7 or jujutsu Kaisen.
Jun 22, 2021 6:30 AM
Jan 2018
ImperialAk said:
Well jjk shibuya arc has the potential . Aot S4 part 2 will take the crown for first 5-6 ep and then fall rapidly . Honestly there are many shows that deserve above FMAB but they aren't . Csm won't overtake fmab . Fruits basket is on its way but personally I don't think it deserves that high spot . The infinity fortress arc of demon slayer has the potential . Good adaptation of steel ball run or berserk will easily win over FMAB . Vinland saga in my opinion deserves above FMAB . Now something unlikely like the anime adaptation of good night pun pun or vagabond might happen then they will easily go above FMAB and also a remake of anime of Pandora hearts . But nothing that is planned to air this year or next will overtake fmab . Also something from isekai re zero if it's season 3 and season 4 air in future then the arc 5 and hall of memories arc from arc 6 can take over FMAB

Punpun is my second favorite manga. But if it got an anime then people arent going to give it the rating it deserves. Anime fans just wont understand the series. At least not enough to break a 9.00, hell I doubt a proper punpun adaptation would break 8.75 honestly. I don't have much faith in anime onlys nowadays if im being honest.
He died doing what he wanted, no matter what, right? I bet he was happy.

Good luck with berserk Kouji Mori, you'll need all the help you can get. We believe in you.
Jun 22, 2021 7:08 AM
Nov 2020
GhostViBritannia said:
Fruits basket:Final season's score is rising and is currently in the top 5.It may become #1
highly doubt that coz with only one ep left to air,it's rating can reach 9.09 or 9.10 at max
Also there is this thing called aging
Every anime starts to age at some point
Like clannad:afterstory was once at 9.35 but it's at 8.96 now
It isn't easy for just any anime to stand the test of time like FMAB has

Just this winter,AOT final season reached #3 and has been faaling ever since ending up and #11 or 12(it will go even down I think)

Fruits basket final season is something that could be in the top 20 for a long time but it's highly unlikely for it to take the no.1 spot

In my eyes only other anime worthy of taking the no.1 spot will be one piece(that is if it has an ending that shunnes everbody....but we all know one piece isn't ending any time soon so let's just wait for it and see)

Also it clannad were to be airing now with better direction and transitions then I think it would have been a great contender but that's all just in my mind is all
Jun 22, 2021 7:09 AM
Nov 2020
GhostViBritannia said:
Fruits basket:Final season's score is rising and is currently in the top 5.It may become #1
highly doubt that coz with only one ep left to air,it's rating can reach 9.09 or 9.10 at max
Also there is this thing called aging
Every anime starts to age at some point
Like clannad:afterstory was once at 9.35 but it's at 8.96 now
It isn't easy for just any anime to stand the test of time like FMAB has

Just this winter,AOT final season reached #3 and has been faaling ever since ending up and #11 or 12(it will go even down I think)

Fruits basket final season is something that could be in the top 20 for a long time but it's highly unlikely for it to take the no.1 spot

In my eyes only other anime worthy of taking the no.1 spot will be one piece(that is if it has an ending that shunnes everbody....but we all know one piece isn't ending any time soon so let's just wait for it and see)

Also it clannad were to be airing now with better direction and transitions then I think it would have been a great contender but that's all just in my mind
Jun 22, 2021 7:55 AM
Feb 2021
Yes gintama the final could do it else jojo part 7 and rezero season 4 will defo do it mark my words
Jun 22, 2021 8:02 AM

Oct 2020
Ryustar123 said:
Yes gintama the final could do it else jojo part 7 and rezero season 4 will defo do it mark my words
Re:Zero have potential 100% agreed
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Jun 22, 2021 8:03 AM
Feb 2021
Anayan_Kashyap said:
Ryustar123 said:
this world isn't ready for arc 6 anime adaptation
Jun 22, 2021 8:06 AM

Oct 2020
Ryustar123 said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:
I see, vol 16 have already released and I've to buy it soon, but I can see Re:Zero crossing 9 rating with it's finish because I'm sure White Fox won't mess with the series
Jun 22, 2021 8:16 AM
Feb 2021
Anayan_Kashyap said:
Ryustar123 said:
I see, vol 16 have already released and I've to buy it soon, but I can see Re: Zero crossing 9 ratings with it's finish because I'm sure White Fox won't mess with the series
yep white fox won't mess up rezero I m sure about it but arc 5 and arc 6 hasn't been adapted into an LN yet the last vol, vol 16 is the end of arc 4 and ig vol 17 is going to be released this month I m not sure about it but yeah, the wn is going crazy at the moment you've to read a from arc 5 onwards cause idk about how much time LN would take to adapt detailed arc 5 but I can say that this series took a turn from arc 4 towards greatness arc 6 is one of the best arc ever jotted down imo
Jun 22, 2021 8:26 AM
Mar 2021
Only possible anime at the time rn is Fruit baskets, the score keeps increasing but I see it dropping as the popularity of the show rises when the season finishes unless the community goes “surprise surprise.”
Jun 22, 2021 8:32 AM

Oct 2020
Ryustar123 said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:
I see, vol 16 have already released and I've to buy it soon, but I can see Re: Zero crossing 9 ratings with it's finish because I'm sure White Fox won't mess with the series
yep white fox won't mess up rezero I m sure about it but arc 5 and arc 6 hasn't been adapted into an LN yet the last vol, vol 16 is the end of arc 4 and ig vol 17 is going to be released this month I m not sure about it but yeah, the wn is going crazy at the moment you've to read a from arc 5 onwards cause idk about how much time LN would take to adapt detailed arc 5 but I can say that this series took a turn from arc 4 towards greatness arc 6 is one of the best arc ever jotted down imo
I see, everyone is telling me to read the WN instead of the LN but idk where to read, also I like reading books so I'll buy vol 16 soon because I can't wait for 3 or 4 more years to know the story, and I'm sure it will end up being one of MAL's top 10
Jun 22, 2021 8:44 AM
Jan 2021
I think that if they get good adaptations Jojo Part 7 and Vinland Saga second season could for while but FMAB fanboys would then rate them as ones to lower the score
Jun 22, 2021 8:44 AM
Feb 2021
Anayan_Kashyap said:
Ryustar123 said:
I see, everyone is telling me to read the WN instead of the LN but idk where to read, also I like reading books so I'll buy vol 16 soon because I can't wait for 3 or 4 more years to know the story, and I'm sure it will end up being one of MAL's top 10
nah it deserves atleast top 3 else I'm pulling a mass genocide cause arc 6 is too good to be only at top 10, top 5 is the deserves spot for it and yeah you should defo hop onto wn cause its crazy good , and coming to from where you can read them just type on google rezero arc 5 or 6 wn for free it will show you the website from which you would be able to read every arc of rezero
Jun 22, 2021 8:47 AM

Oct 2020
Ryustar123 said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:
nah it deserves atleast top 3 else I'm pulling a ands genocide cause arc 6 is too good to be only at top 10, top 5 is the deserves spot for it and yeah you should defo hop onto wn cause its crazy good , and coming to from where you can read them just type on google rezero arc 5 or 6 wn for free it will show you the website from which you would be able to read every arc of rezero
I see okay,but is the WN different from the LN? Also I can't read digitally because of my eyes, I'm currently reading SAO vol 20 and I'll finish it in 2 days and my eyes don't hurt but reading digitally is a pain so I prefer physical copies, whatever I'll read arc 5 soon don't worry, Re:Zero is in my top 5
Jun 22, 2021 8:51 AM

Jan 2021
Jojo part 7 probably
Jun 22, 2021 8:54 AM

Dec 2019

Rejoice frail mortals, as for you have not foreseen the rise of the Chinese Gintama x KFC ad.
It's ascendance is inevitable. A day, a year, a millennium—it matters not.
Whatever contenders's striving on the top is insignificant.
Let their rating be the same.
Jun 22, 2021 9:00 AM
Feb 2021
Anayan_Kashyap said:
Ryustar123 said:
nah it deserves atleast top 3 else I'm pulling a ands genocide cause arc 6 is too good to be only at top 10, top 5 is the deserves spot for it and yeah you should defo hop onto wn cause its crazy good , and coming to from where you can read them just type on google rezero arc 5 or 6 wn for free it will show you the website from which you would be able to read every arc of rezero
I see okay,but is the WN different from the LN? Also I can't read digitally because of my eyes, I'm currently reading SAO vol 20 and I'll finish it in 2 days and my eyes don't hurt but reading digitally is a pain so I prefer physical copies, whatever I'll read arc 5 soon don't worry, Re:Zero is in my top 5
goated, and Nah wn aren't different from LN in anyway except one is digital and other is not that's the only difference exists
Jun 22, 2021 9:50 AM
Sep 2020
Fruits basket will probably beat it for a couple days
Jun 22, 2021 10:44 AM
Feb 2019
If they have a proper adaptation, I only could think about SBR, Vagabond or a new "reboot" of Berserk
Jun 22, 2021 10:46 AM
May 2021
Potentially Jujutsu Kaisen but that’s it
Jun 22, 2021 10:54 AM
Jul 2018
Jojo part 7 and Berserk if it gets a good adaptation
Jun 22, 2021 10:56 AM
Feb 2021
rashthicc said:
br- said:
fmab is like a leach on rank 1. it ain't gonna drop down but if so, fans will immediately make an action

Yeah, heard that whenever an anime gets higher up and close to the #1 ranking, AOT s4 for example, it dropped down partially because of the FMAB fanboys that purposely rated it a 1 to try and lower the overall score and prevent it from being #1.

Key word is partially because the main reason was manga readers changing their rating after the ending
Jun 22, 2021 11:05 AM
Feb 2019
Maybe if they try to continue with Hunter X Hunter. It’s score is high, and will have the sequel syndrome, so only people that like HxH will watch it
Jun 22, 2021 11:10 AM

Dec 2019
well, the only one that’s climbing the charts is fruits basket final season, but other than that probably not
Jun 22, 2021 11:23 AM
Sep 2020
Maybe Fruits Basket given how much popularity it has gotten
Jun 22, 2021 11:51 AM
Oct 2020
Ryustar123 said:
nah it will be another arc 4,some people will think its boring and some will think its a masterpiece. I hope not tho
Jun 22, 2021 11:53 AM
Feb 2021
Jannn said:
Ryustar123 said:
Yes gintama the final could do it else Jojo part 7 and rezero season 4 will defo do it mark my words
nah it will be another arc 4,some people will think its boring and some will think its a masterpiece. I hope not tho
I believe rezero will rise in popularity and likeability until when the adaptation of arc 6 will come
Jun 22, 2021 11:53 AM
Oct 2020
Can we ever have a normal conversation or forum about FMAB in these forums that isnt about scores? *sigh* ever since aot s4 started, these obnoxious forums just keep getting spammed, oh well, I never really liked talking on mal anime forums anyway. Atleast the manga side is 100x more chill, even tho although its not #1 its still also rated quite highly there. I wonder how tired the mods are over these forums
Jun 22, 2021 11:55 AM

Jan 2020
Fruits basket has the potential to pass it for a little bit

Jun 22, 2021 12:06 PM

Aug 2020
I doubt it a lot, and honestly, I prefer that it always stay as in No. 1, although if one day they surpass it, I would not mind.
a wise user of MAL said:
Just to clarify, adaptations should absolutely stand on their own
Jun 22, 2021 12:53 PM
Feb 2021
IanGRU said:
Maybe if they try to continue with Hunter X Hunter. It’s score is high, and will have the sequel syndrome, so only people that like HxH will watch it

Agree, it will be at least at 9.30.
Jun 22, 2021 2:04 PM
Dec 2020
Sharmat_00 said:
ImperialAk said:
Well jjk shibuya arc has the potential . Aot S4 part 2 will take the crown for first 5-6 ep and then fall rapidly . Honestly there are many shows that deserve above FMAB but they aren't . Csm won't overtake fmab . Fruits basket is on its way but personally I don't think it deserves that high spot . The infinity fortress arc of demon slayer has the potential . Good adaptation of steel ball run or berserk will easily win over FMAB . Vinland saga in my opinion deserves above FMAB . Now something unlikely like the anime adaptation of good night pun pun or vagabond might happen then they will easily go above FMAB and also a remake of anime of Pandora hearts . But nothing that is planned to air this year or next will overtake fmab . Also something from isekai re zero if it's season 3 and season 4 air in future then the arc 5 and hall of memories arc from arc 6 can take over FMAB

Punpun is my second favorite manga. But if it got an anime then people arent going to give it the rating it deserves. Anime fans just wont understand the series. At least not enough to break a 9.00, hell I doubt a proper punpun adaptation would break 8.75 honestly. I don't have much faith in anime onlys nowadays if im being honest.
but personally I believe pun pun is better a a manga . But anime adaptation will expand the amount of people that will be able to watch this masterpiece .
Jun 22, 2021 2:06 PM
Dec 2020
Ryustar123 said:
Jannn said:
I believe rezero will rise in popularity and likeability until when the adaptation of arc 6 will come
hell yes hall of memories arc is a fucking masterpiece .
Jun 22, 2021 2:11 PM
Feb 2021
ImperialAk said:
Ryustar123 said:
hell yes hall of memories arc is a fucking masterpiece .
spitting straight banger facts
Jun 22, 2021 2:17 PM
Jan 2018
ImperialAk said:
Sharmat_00 said:

but personally I believe pun pun is better a a manga . But anime adaptation will expand the amount of people that will be able to watch this masterpiece .

Yeah, punpun 100% deserves more recognition. And I agree its definitely something thats best as a manga. I honestly think unless it gets a really fucking good adaptation then it would just be a stain on the mangas legacy.

I feel like an artstyle akin to "The Girl from the Other Side" would compliment punpun heavily. Its a unique manga and it needs that extra effort if us punpun fans are expected to take it seriously.

Heres the artstyle I'm talking about. The Girl From the Other Side is a masterpiece of manga and I definitely reccomend at least watching the 15 minute OVA.
https://youtu.be/HPQin-uuI9o
He died doing what he wanted, no matter what, right? I bet he was happy.

Good luck with berserk Kouji Mori, you'll need all the help you can get. We believe in you.
Jun 22, 2021 2:20 PM
Dec 2020
Sharmat_00 said:
ImperialAk said:

Yeah, punpun 100% deserves more recognition. And I agree its definitely something thats best as a manga. I honestly think unless it gets a really fucking good adaptation then it would just be a stain on the mangas legacy.

I feel like an artstyle akin to "The Girl from the Other Side" would compliment punpun heavily. Its a unique manga and it needs that extra effort if us punpun fans are expected to take it seriously.

Heres the artstyle I'm talking about. The Girl From the Other Side is a masterpiece of manga and I definitely reccomend at least watching the 15 minute OVA.
https://youtu.be/HPQin-uuI9o
thanks for the recommendation
Jun 22, 2021 2:23 PM

Jan 2020
Nope. I feel that people still underestimate how much the FMA:B community are adamant on keeping it number one, Every season you just hear "Oh, Mushoku Tensei looks pretty popular, Maybe it'll be number 1" Like no, It's way harder than people think, It'll truly have to be one of a kind exceptional industry breaking masterpiece and satisfy the snobs and casuals. One of the very few anime that had the chance came short (AOT) so we're gonna have to wait for something even bigger than that.
I don't speak English that much, so please cut me some slack
Jun 22, 2021 2:42 PM
Apr 2021
No, this anime has been there for straight 10 years, even if something equally comes out people would be complaining how it's overrated and overhyped, i'm kinda bored of seeing this same topic everytime i look into this forum.
Jun 22, 2021 3:39 PM
May 2021
As a manga reader (no spoilers dw) it’s highly likely aot a4 p2 will beat it, or close at he least. Some people may dislike the ending all though I personally found it just fine. That’s all i’ll say though
Jun 22, 2021 4:53 PM
Feb 2021
Fruit Basket 😫💜
Jun 22, 2021 7:04 PM
Nov 2020
I have a feeling that the up coming att final season could be a contender.
Jun 22, 2021 8:24 PM
Jun 2020
Maybe shingeki no kyojin final season part 2 can
Jun 23, 2021 3:20 AM
Jul 2020
Fullmetal alchemist have a huge fanbase, they will just 1 rate any other anime coming close.
Jun 23, 2021 5:20 AM
Dec 2020
Nalusa_Falaya said:
Nope. I feel that people still underestimate how much the FMA:B community are adamant on keeping it number one, Every season you just hear "Oh, Mushoku Tensei looks pretty popular, Maybe it'll be number 1" Like no, It's way harder than people think, It'll truly have to be one of a kind exceptional industry breaking masterpiece and satisfy the snobs and casuals. One of the very few anime that had the chance came short (AOT) so we're gonna have to wait for something even bigger than that.
jojo part 7 will easily dethrone fmab untill the 1 bombs begin . Re zero arc 6 holds that potential too . Can't say much on jobless reincarnation as I have just started reading the light novel . Why I mention these 3 because these three have the highest potential of getting a anime adaptation in future . Jjk shibuya incident arc and perfect preparation arc have that potential too. .
Jun 23, 2021 5:27 AM

Sep 2020
I can see Fruits Basket: The Final coming up to #2, but the big FMA fans will never let anything ever overtake it, a situation like what happened with AOT season 4 will probably happen if Furuba does climb up to #2.
Jun 23, 2021 5:38 AM
Dec 2020
Demon slayer can rise to no. 01 after fully airing
Jun 23, 2021 5:43 AM

Jan 2020
ImperialAk said:
Nalusa_Falaya said:
jojo part 7 will easily dethrone fmab untill the 1 bombs begin . Re zero arc 6 holds that potential too . Can't say much on jobless reincarnation as I have just started reading the light novel . Why I mention these 3 because these three have the highest potential of getting a anime adaptation in future . Jjk shibuya incident arc and perfect preparation arc have that potential too. .

I personally don't think so, One, Jojo's adaptation will be pretty far, It'll be hard to animate because of it's length and the horses, And we didn't even start part 6, Two, Even though Jojo is popular, It's a polarizing show, Things like AOT or FMA:B try to satisfy the majority and reach for a wide audience, Jojo is really out there and unique and does some thing very differently than the usual, Which may be phenomenal to some people, But I think many people will get turned off by these things

Re zero maybe will take it, But I won't bet on it, The last season fell in the ratings pretty quickly and many people think that Rezero is just waifus, Regardless if they're correct or not, I think it'll pull back the ratings a bit

Maybe JJK has the best chance since it's still starting and has really good reception but stil....I won't bet on it

I don't wanna seem pessimistic but in all of the 2010s, Probably the most full decade of all time, Nothing surpassed FMA:B even though it's has been 10 years, If these shows want to get the first spot, They'd at least have to surpass Shingeki's popularity and impact

(Btw, I'm not talking about these show's actual quality, I'm talking about their popularity and reception)
I don't speak English that much, so please cut me some slack
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
Apr 19, 2:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.