Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 12, 2021 7:49 AM

Dec 2014
Hello, everyone! I'm brand new to the club, although I've been peeking in from time to time. I don't remember how I came across this club but the lifestyle immediately drew me in. I had already been living it, and so I had to decide if I wanted to risk social interaction to be apart of a social club with like minded people. Which led me to the topic question. Is this something I SHOULD desire? Is being an anti-social shut in a goal? Would any of you recommend this lifestyle for others who are prone to isolation? Or would you warn against it despite being a hiki yourself? I apologize if this has been touched upon in a different thread.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 21, 2021 7:32 AM

Jul 2013
I would not recommend the lifestyle.
Sure, it's nice for a while. But it also feels like crap being an unproductive member of society - mooching off of other people.
And I think most of us are hikiNEETs because of mental health issues. Isolating oneself just makes those issues worse, and in turn makes it harder to rejoin society, imo.
It's better to just avoid getting to this point in the first place, if you can.

Sincerely, someone who was a shut-in for almost a decade.
Jun 21, 2021 9:16 AM

Dec 2014
Voki said:
And I think most of us are hikiNEETs because of mental health issues. Isolating oneself just makes those issues worse, and in turn makes it harder to rejoin society, imo.

That's the heart of the problem for me. I've been doing this on and off, working briefly until I crash and burn out for months/years. For me the issues are entirely social and mental. And despite how terrible it is being a bum, I'm unhappy either way. Even so, I was happier being alone or asleep. I don't know how to feel about it. Obviously I wouldn't recommend it to others if it makes their life worse but I can't help but want it for myself. Do you think there is any kind of "healthy" middle ground, or do you believe it is exclusively destructive behavior?
Jul 6, 2021 2:21 PM

Mar 2008
No it's not really good for you to be socially isolated and even if you get interactions online it doesn't always fill the void. If you did get to have people come over well it gets very boring being home all the time. Better to be able to get out places.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» How many of you like the outdoors or nature?

traed - Aug 7, 2023

11 by Laniakea- »»
Dec 1, 2023 7:49 AM

» What do you practice and learn?

Butterfly_White - Mar 13, 2023

6 by Otakulover99 »»
Nov 6, 2023 2:35 AM

» how do u guys make money?

hik1komori - Apr 21, 2022

17 by MumeiHikki »»
Sep 24, 2023 10:39 PM

» How much do you care about your personal hygiene?

removed-user - May 13, 2015

19 by traed »»
Jun 29, 2023 1:11 AM

» Have you chosen your nick?

Heko - Mar 20, 2015

27 by water_my_melons »»
Jun 20, 2023 8:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.