Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 6, 2021 4:10 AM

Jul 2020
No. Not even close. The entire cast and plot were sacrificed just so that the main character looks smart amd brave.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2021 4:17 AM

Feb 2021
Yeah, Probably...
It would have been awesome if they implemented this scene in the Blu-ray (this the ending version when it aired in 2008)..

Jun 15, 2021 3:45 AM
Apr 2016
Linux_2020 said:
Yeah, Probably...

It would have been awesome if they implemented this scene in the Blu-ray (this the ending version when it aired in 2008)..

This scene has never existed; even in 2008, also - it make no sense to make him alive when he wanted to be dead. Also: CC is totally fine with his death, unlike in recap movies.
Jun 15, 2021 3:50 AM

Feb 2021
RazorBMW said:
Linux_2020 said:
Yeah, Probably...

This scene has never existed; even in 2008, also - it make no sense to make him alive when he wanted to be dead. Also: CC is totally fine with his death, unlike in recap movies.

You only say that because you didn't watch this series when it aired....
Jun 15, 2021 3:57 AM
Apr 2016
Linux_2020 said:

I have access to TV versions, by Eclipse SD & HD release and gg sd release.

All of these versions have exactly the same ending as on bluray. end of story.
Jun 15, 2021 4:01 AM

Feb 2021
RazorBMW said:
Linux_2020 said:

I have access to TV versions, by Eclipse SD & HD release and gg sd release.

All of these versions have exactly the same ending as on bluray. end of story.

If only you watched it directly in TBS Channel via cable, then you might have seen this scene in the ending..
Jun 15, 2021 4:04 AM

Dec 2020
It is the one of best ending imo(among the animes i have seen so far).

"I had a dream. Under the full moon, I was a child embraced by nostalgic warmth. But when I wake from the dream, only a vague sense of longing remains...that, too, will soon disappear with a single tear like mountain dew"

Jun 15, 2021 4:19 AM
Mar 2017
Ryustar123 said:
Baldoogle said:

Cowboy bebop, evangelion, madoka magica, the tatami galaxy, k-on, mawaru penguindrum, ergo proxy, kill la kill, mob psyco, paranoia agent. These are just the very first names to come to my mind. Imho every showbi named has a better ending than code geass.
Peace
you should have said in your opinion cause code Geass has a perfect ending it isn't inferior to those ending you mentioned just stop blindly hating on the show

I totally agree ,you can't say edgy and superficial and then start the list with Cowboy bebop ,no seinen fan will take you seriously. (I do like some of the others on the list as series, but not for their endings precisely)

StrawHatDude said:
No. Not even close. The entire cast and plot were sacrificed just so that the main character looks smart amd brave.

Yup it's pretty typical of anime I usually hate throwing random deaths as trope, but in this case you con see his despair. (Only his sister and best friend know of the sacrifice ,the rest of his friends hate his guts). Though it would've definitely been more fulfilling if he'd actually died.
Jun 15, 2021 7:42 AM
Jan 2017
JosephSaber40 said:
@sabervergarden

I guess (as for me) the ending is overrated I rate it 7/10, I didn't like the last scene where the antagonist of the story said that he became the villain so others can be heroes or others can find peace, literally the worst writing I've ever seen, I think the bad guys should be true to their characters till their last breath to give the story a meaning and make it more epic, even if that would result in a tragic sad ending where the antagonist wins in the end, but that is the last scene as for the final events where every conflicting party are motivated by their greed and interest, I like how each one of them is corrupted and wants to devour the other I think it's more realistic, I rate the whole series 9/10.
first of all, i think you are getting it wrong if you think lelouch is the antagonist, lelouch can't be reduced to just being a villain, an antagonist or an anti hero, he's pretty much a complex character that all these words can describe him at some point of the series, lelouch was always playing between the bad and the good guy, he created a persna that is zero, which is the symbol of justice and the idea of good, he created lelouch the emperor the dictator, the symbol every one's hatred and pain, and there is lelouch the normal guy, the caring student who is emotionally attached to his sister comarades and the one who is still influenced by his past as prince and his will of revenge.

Second, you may not like the idea of lelouch becoming the villain to create the gentle world nunally dreamed of, the world, where people ghather in a table to discuss rather than making war, but you can't deny it's not well written, this has been built up from the first episode of the series, it didn't come suddenly in the end, lelouch's philosophy was from the beginning to become greater eveil in order to defeat evil, he has been consistant to his character, i don't know what do you mean by he wasn't true to his character, i think you are misunderstanding lelouch's character, his famous quote "those who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed" has been introduced by lelouch to the watcher in ep 1, has been announced to the world in ep 8 when he first created the black knight and the final episode was the demonstration of his ideology.

Third, lelouch's character changed a lot by the episodes, in ep 7 of the second season he is no longer the guy who wants only revenge and only save his sister, at that time he realized he was fighting for everyone one he cared and that he has to create the world they all want to live in.

Here's an article that talks about the ending, i hope you're gonna read it and see if you can change your mind, because obviously you made some wrong conclusions about the ending and lelouch's character.

https://howanimechangedmylife.wordpress.com/2013/08/31/the-greatest-lie-ever-told-lelouchs-noble-sacrifice/
Jun 15, 2021 7:47 AM
Jan 2017
Yes it's the best ending of all time till now. It wraps up the characters, the story and its themes perfectly with a lot of emotions and epicness. Everything in the series culminated beautifully in the ending and all the build up played off.

Here's an article talking about the beauty of code geass ending that is a mirroir to why this ending is considered by many to be the greatest of all time.

https://howanimechangedmylife.wordpress.com/2013/08/31/the-greatest-lie-ever-told-lelouchs-noble-sacrifice/
Jun 16, 2021 3:18 AM
Apr 2021
@hamza121419

I must admit that the story has some of the best plot twists I've ever seen, as for Lelouch he wanted to avenge his mother, and change the worldwide order, but in order to do that he knew he had to become himself a monster and a demon, he had to break some moral rules and get his hand dirty throughout the storyline in order to achieve his goal, as for the part of Charles plan and the C world it didn't make much sense to me perhaps this part should have written better, as for his Zero Requiem plan I don't know that last scene seemed odd and realistic writers should avoid that kind of writing didn't you see what happened to AOT ending it literally went to trash.
Jun 16, 2021 4:30 AM
Jan 2017
JosephSaber40 said:
@hamza121419

I must admit that the story has some of the best plot twists I've ever seen, as for Lelouch he wanted to avenge his mother, and change the worldwide order, but in order to do that he knew he had to become himself a monster and a demon, he had to break some moral rules and get his hand dirty throughout the storyline in order to achieve his goal, as for the part of Charles plan and the C world it didn't make much sense to me perhaps this part should have written better, as for his Zero Requiem plan I don't know that last scene seemed odd and realistic writers should avoid that kind of writing didn't you see what happened to AOT ending it literally went to trash.
Jun 17, 2021 6:59 AM

Apr 2020
I personally disliked the ending.

Lelouch did not have to die if he wanted peace. He could've taken over the empire and bring peace that way.
"Humans are like isolated islands, floating in the sea of fate.
Human encounters are like the collision of these lonely islands, and once they touch, there would be an effect. Sometimes, the islands would stick together, in the name of ‘interest’, ‘kinship’, ‘friendship’, ‘love’ and ‘hate’. But eventually, they would separate, walking towards the path of destruction.

This is the truth behind life."

-Fang Yuan
Jun 17, 2021 4:19 PM
Apr 2021
cupcake847 said:

Lelouch did not have to die if he wanted peace. He could've taken over the empire and bring peace that way.

that is what I was thinking, he should just rule over the world accomplish world unification then bring peace and some justice without having to die, but to be honest it was only the last scene that kinda felt off unlike AOT trash finale.
Jun 17, 2021 4:22 PM
Apr 2021
hamza121419 said:
JosephSaber40 said:
@hamza121419

movies and fictional stories should try to reflect our real world history, and Zero Requiem isn't realistic and can't be applied to our real world, what's more realistic is Schenizel's ideology of peace backed by force, but of course you need to minimize the damage and not kill 1 or 2 billions through nuke bombs, Schenizel's right in his ideas but he's extremists at the same time, while Lelouch seems some kind of a delusional man.
Jun 17, 2021 6:45 PM
Jan 2017
JosephSaber40 said:
hamza121419 said:

movies and fictional stories should try to reflect our real world history, and Zero Requiem isn't realistic and can't be applied to our real world, what's more realistic is Schenizel's ideology of peace backed by force, but of course you need to minimize the damage and not kill 1 or 2 billions through nuke bombs, Schenizel's right in his ideas but he's extremists at the same time, while Lelouch seems some kind of a delusional man.
it's easy to call a character delusional when you actually don't understand the depth of his actions, lelouch didn't create eternal peace nor he solved humanity's problems, he destroyed the world as it was and gave people an opportunity to move to a better future, because he believed in the nature of humanity to desire and long for what's better, what lelouch did is to show the world the bad in being ruled by a tyran, he literally possessed the whole world and did all kind of atrocities to unite every one against him, even those who never experienced tyranny before now they know and feel what the others suffered from, of course this wasn't showed explicitly and they didn't need to do so because the idea is so obvious and the finale should finish with a higher note.

So lelouch needed to die for the world to continue its evolution towards a better tomorrow, and this is why people were gathering around tables to discuss instead of making wars, but this does not mean things will stay like this forever, peace can broken again but lelouch accomplished his goal to create a new world where people can live together in a better way than it was.

And about fiction having to be a mirror of our history, i agree with you to an extent, but writing a story isn't copying history, it's using history in order to convey a message, ideas and to give solutions of potential problems that exist and still hasn't been solved. So fiction in my opinion is most importantly about giving solutions no matter if they are idealistic or not as far as the problem persists in the real life, just give me a meaningful solution that has been explored and well developed through the series and that will be good. If the world hasn't yet a "realistic" solution to war and peace why do you expect a fictional story to do so, this is ridiculous.

Fiction is about giving ideas that can be applied in some circumstances even if it's hard to make them. The zero requiem can be applied in the real world if you have a system that can subjugate every single one in this world to a tyrannical authority, if everyone knows the pain of having no right to talk or to discuss things then people will try not make the same mistakes in the future if this entity disappears . This is of course theoretical and have very low chances to become a reality, but the idea is here, and this is what fiction should be about, this is what great fictional stories do, they have something new to add even though it's not yet possible to apply the idea, but at least there was a try to approach the matter in a way.

What will fiction add to you if it just reflects what reality is? We all know that and it will have no added value because you can learn about history in the books. Fiction is about treating reality and most importantly surpassing it, people want what's beyond reality even if it's just an illusion or a faraway dream that may not become true, but history has also shown that what people was making jokes about and saw as utopic and unrealistic became one day a reality.
Jun 18, 2021 1:32 AM
Apr 2021
@hamza121419

actually, what makes sense is that after Lelouch's death the countries around the globe will start to invade each other again and not thrive to a better tomorrow, as we can see with Paradise destruction in AOT, people talk about morals and humanity as long as they are helpless and defenseless, when they become powerful and strong they alter their morals and abandon their humanity to fulfill their greed needs, just like AOT when facing with the founding titan Mullar regretted the racist and fascist history of his country Marley towards Eldians, after the FT was defeated he proceeds to pin his guns towards Eldians.
Jun 18, 2021 2:39 AM
Apr 2016
Linux_2020 said:

If only you watched it directly in TBS Channel via cable, then you might have seen this scene in the ending..

All of these rips were directly from TBS :>
Jun 18, 2021 10:58 PM
Jul 2020
Great ending! Not really surprising since everything was indicating it would happen, but still a great ending nonetheless.
Oct 26, 2021 8:38 PM

May 2020
cupcake847 said:

This wasnt really possible. In order to gain the control over the empire as he did, he had to play a villain. The actions he took to get to that point were on the cusp of being villainous. He knew that. Him sacrificing himself gave the world not only a person to blame for all the evil thats happened, but a positive symbol to look forward to in Zero (kinda the same way All Might from MHA makes the world a better place as a symbol)
Oct 28, 2021 3:06 PM

Jul 2021
my fave but there are probably endings better

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

yuzuko - Apr 20, 2008

239 by Delritos »»
Mar 29, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1901 by DarkVoyagerx »»
Mar 25, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

435 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 21, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

305 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.