Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 28, 2021 6:36 PM

Aug 2020
Something I never understood was the absolute hate for floch everyone seems to have and why

Since Erwin died its almost as if two people embody Erwin one being Armin and the other Floch Armin is pretty representative of Erwins creativity that made him such a revolutionary in restructuring the Survey Core and Floch representing Erwins drive to never stop just think of the scene where Erwins arm is bitten off and despite that he continues to yell charge.

Also Floch and Armin are both good representations of survivors guilt with Floch needing a reason to justify why he was the one to escape out of the hundreds that had died which was in his mind to save Erwin and after he doesn't he dedicates everything to destroying the enemies of Eldia with his guilt driving him forward in that pursuit while Armin basically bears heavy guilt as the one who was brought back always doubting that he was the right one to be brought back to life.

So I'll reiterate why do people hate Floch?
KuroGFXJan 28, 2021 7:11 PM
Jan 28, 2021 7:15 PM
Feb 2016
I think mainly it’s because of what happens in the manga really I don’t think it’s because of Erwin that was a natural reaction of a natural naive soldier who doesn’t know anything about war
Jan 28, 2021 7:19 PM

Aug 2020
JaneAlexis said:
I think mainly it’s because of what happens in the manga really I don’t think it’s because of Erwin that was a natural reaction of a natural naive soldier who doesn’t know anything about war

I have read the manga and I still dont get why people hate him he has clear reasons for what he does and clear motivation that motivates him to do what he does
Jan 28, 2021 7:20 PM
Jan 2021
, never liked anyone from the new place anyways, maybe because there was little to no character development. I really couldn’t care less if the kids die, there taught that the island people are demons and all of this other stupid crap, so yeah.
lucas
Jan 28, 2021 7:24 PM
Feb 2016
KuroGFX said:
JaneAlexis said:

I have read the manga and I still dont get why people hate him he has clear reasons for what he does and clear motivation that motivates him to do what he does

He may have clear motivation to do so but still there are people with opposite personalities who think he doesnt or doesn’t understand ,it’s really what goes in their favors really , even Levi and Jean got their share of the audience’s hate for abandoning eren even tho when u think about it their decision really was reasonable considering what they been through and what their personalities are like
Jan 28, 2021 7:29 PM

Aug 2020
JaneAlexis said:
KuroGFX said:

He may have clear motivation to do so but still there are people with opposite personalities who think he doesnt or doesn’t understand ,it’s really what goes in their favors really , even Levi and Jean got their share of the audience’s hate for abandoning eren even tho when u think about it their decision really was reasonable considering what they been through and what their personalities are like

thats a good point to make I think my problem is when people hate and call characters garbage just because they don't like what they're doing I think a favorite example is Shiapouf from Hunter x Hunter
Feb 25, 2021 10:15 PM

Dec 2018
Not everyone hates Floch if you look around you will actually find quite a number of people who like him, including me.
Feb 25, 2021 10:20 PM

Aug 2020
Pranal30 said:
Not everyone hates Floch if you look around you will actually find quite a number of people who like him, including me.
Cool beans i find his character to be the opposite of armin and sort of the divergent path armin suffers guilt from being the one chosen and floch has guilt that he wasn’t able to save Erwin
Feb 27, 2021 8:44 AM

Mar 2019
People generally hate realistic characters who have balls to say things that no one has the balls to say.
For example: Rossiu from gurren Lagaan.

Anime was it's best 20000 years ago, when cavemen drew art with real depth.
Modern anime is all garbage. I miss great old days of anime.
Feb 28, 2021 5:27 AM

Sep 2019
What the hell this thread doing in first season?
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Feb 28, 2021 10:16 AM
Sep 2020
Lucasd0414 said:
, never liked anyone from the new place anyways, maybe because there was little to no character development. I really couldn’t care less if the kids die, there taught that the island people are demons and all of this other stupid crap, so yeah.

Floch is not from the "new place"
Feb 28, 2021 11:32 AM

Aug 2020
light_straight said:
People generally hate realistic characters who have balls to say things that no one has the balls to say.
For example: Rossiu from gurren Lagaan.

Oh yeah I liked him alot and his character arc was great
Feb 28, 2021 11:33 AM

Aug 2020
solele said:
Lucasd0414 said:

Floch is not from the "new place"

Yeah were talking about Floch as in the dude from season 3 who was apart of erens class of graduates and joined the survey core before the fight with beast titan

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.