Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 15, 2020 10:30 AM
Aug 2020
There are only a couple of us right now, but if y'all wanna start, what's your favourite shounen to date?
I think my all time favourite is probably BNHA because it was one of the shows that really got me into the anime scene. I loved the tournament/ sports festival arc the best (because Todoroki supreme ;)) through the end fight of the Shie Hassaikai arc was amazing. Still fucked up over Mirio though.

We can open up this thread to talk gush about current favourites !
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 15, 2020 10:36 AM

Aug 2020
Well that is a hard one according to Mal Badges i have seen a lo of shounen
My favorite is most likely HxH. It is too good as some would say (AKAKU AKAKU) my favorite from there is Gon and I love his relationships with everyone he meets. he is so likable and I would say HxH is the best Shounen I have seen so far.
Dec 15, 2020 10:51 AM
Aug 2020
Lol I binged all of HxH during my finals last semester (big mistake). I love Gon, but predictably, I think I fell in love with Killua even more.

Have you heard about the theory that Gon was actually sociopathic. When I first heard about it I was like, tf? But the more you unravel it, it really does make sense. I doubt that's what Togashi intended, but it is so interesting to think about. Like the ego psyche of it, the way Gon is so comfortable with violence and death, and only really seems to care about it when he feels like something he owns is being taken away from him. We get to see Gon as this softie, wronged by his father, who had Kite taken away from him, and who is this big gentle soul with Killua, Kurapika and Leorio. But...the idea that he only loves them because he thinks they're his possessions is wild. It would explain why he makes certain comments, why he never even addresses his grandmother or seeks out information about his actual mother, and why he doesn't actually give a shit about Killua ripping people's hearts out even tho he's just a 12 year old kid.

I'm not explaining it well, but i can link a couple videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RcGGiuBDwY&t=100s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XnqUDIxZhw
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.