Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 13, 2020 1:31 AM
Aug 2013
A lot of old animes are getting new adaptations. So do you think this forgotten manga will get an anime? Or is the mangaka against the anime to begin with?

Mod Edit: Thread has been locked to stop it from being necro'd.
Zach-chanMar 6, 2022 12:04 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Dec 13, 2020 4:30 AM
Jul 2018
I really hope psyren gets an anime,its a freaking fantastic manga and the fact that it still hasnt gotten an anime after all of these years saddens me
Dec 13, 2020 4:49 AM

May 2020
I hate to say it but unlikely. The manga ending was kind of rushed, probably stemming from the fact that it had poor sales in Japan. That in and of itself indicates that the series isn't very financially viable.

Adaptations rely on having an inbuilt fan base and while Psyren does have its fans, I don't think any studio would risk it.

Psyren should have had an anime when it was still in serialization. That would have skyrocketed its popularity, like how Demon Slayer (not to the same magnitude obviously) became so successful.

But still, never say never. Anything can happen and if it does I'd be happy.
TitanInsaneDec 23, 2021 8:02 PM
Dec 13, 2020 4:50 AM
Aug 2013
Koogmaster said:
I really hope psyren gets an anime,its a freaking fantastic manga and the fact that it still hasnt gotten an anime after all of these years saddens me

Exactly! This is why I was wondering is it because of the author? Why would the author refuse an anime offer?

Or is it because the manga wasn’t that popular >> it is not really a typical shonen; I would say much deeper
Dec 13, 2020 4:56 AM
Aug 2013
TitanInsane said:
I hate to say it but unlikely. The manga ending was kind of rushed, probably stemming from the fact that it had poor sales in Japan. That in and of itself indicates that the series isn't very financially viable.

Adaptations rely on having an inbuilt fan base and while Psyren does have its fans, I don't any studio would risk it.

Psyren should have had an anime when it was still in serialization. That would have skyrocketed its popularity, like how Demon Slayer (not to the same magnitude obviously) became so successful.

The funny thing is that studios do make much worse animes

But I definitely agree, for the same reason, you don’t see much seinen animes. Psyren was kinda different shonen so the typical young reader/watcher won’t enjoy it
Dec 13, 2020 6:06 AM
May 2018
If it didn't get anime adaptation when it was still serialized, why would it get it now?

That being said, it definitely deserved one.
Dec 13, 2020 8:54 AM
Aug 2013
Psajdak said:
If it didn't get anime adaptation when it was still serialized, why would it get it now?

That being said, it definitely deserved one.

Because it happens

Parasite got an adaptation after it was completed and the same goes for many animes ... so why not?
Jan 7, 2021 11:19 PM
Feb 2020
Perhaps, as others have mentioned previously Kiseijuu, dorohedoro, and others have gotten an adaption after all. In my own opinion though, I highly doubt it will mainly due to how it did within the Japanese audience.
Aug 11, 2021 9:05 PM
Nov 2019
It's surprising to see a weekly Shounen Jmp manga not getting anime adaption, especially if it's this famous ..
Nov 12, 2021 9:22 PM
Jan 2021
Abdulaziz_Alwaha said:
It's surprising to see a weekly Shounen Jmp manga not getting anime adaption, especially if it's this famous ..

if you go from most popular for Shounen Jump on MAL it's the FIRST one to not get an adaption which is wild. Such a good series but it was cancelled prematurely due to low sales. Maybe if it got an anime that wouldn't have happened.
Dec 23, 2021 2:29 PM

Mar 2021
TitanInsane said:

Adaptations rely on having an inbuilt fan base and while Psyren does have its fans, I don't any studio would risk it.

Psyren can get an anime as it is still one of the most popular shonen manga to never recieve an anime adaptation plus it is an Isekai (kind of) I can see an anime adaptation when the manga becomes 20 years old or maybe even later than that. Basically a situation like Dorroro or Parasyte.
Dec 29, 2021 7:56 AM

Jul 2015
People keep saying it had low sales, but from what I have found online it did pretty well for a series without a anime even managing to debut in the top 10 at one point and that's pretty impressive for a non-anime manga. Had an anime been released during its run the popularity would have increased, but its been over for nearly 12 years now, so I'd say it's very unlikely to get an anime now.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psyren Chapter 145 Discussion

Xylokopos - Nov 27, 2010

49 by -DxP- »»
Apr 12, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Psyren Chapter 66 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Apr 10, 2009

13 by -DxP- »»
Mar 29, 5:08 AM

» you guys need to vote

IshigamiSenku17 - Feb 27, 2018

8 by Deeeeeeez »»
Feb 6, 9:18 AM

» h

jude3223 - Dec 28, 2017

4 by IMysticalStar »»
Feb 5, 5:36 PM

Poll: » Psyren anime adaption? ( 1 2 )

Uberduber - Aug 10, 2010

51 by Deeeeeeez »»
Feb 3, 5:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.