Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 5, 2020 8:59 AM
Oct 2020
Interested in the thoughts behind NTR...

Hello =)

I wanted to share my thoughts about NTR as well as hear back from different/ similar thoughts to mine from others. Let's hope this discussion can entertain all of us and won't turn out too bad or turn into echoes.

After joining this club, I read through the paragraphs stated in the club's home page and it really piqued my interest about the rationality of NTR. By establishing this, I want to add that it's more about the rationality of the emotions evoked when reading an NTR hentai artwork that piqued my interest. The RAGE factor, if you will.

Starter:
Let's say some people are interested in NTR because it provides emotional sadistic/ masochistic satisfaction instead of physical M. Then what is it that makes these two cases similar but different? In both cases, the similarity they share is that they both inflict pain, but the differences between them are vast. In fact they are so different that I think there should be a new word for mental sadistic tendencies. To explain, NTR provides a sense of loss, losing and being a loser if taken from the MMC's perspective. However, if we take the rapist's(s') perspective, there is a sense of power, domination and moral degeneration. This makes NTR content a 3D coin if you will, because as the reader, you can view everything from a 3rd p-perspective and can enjoy both sides of the coin at the same time (switching between MMC and Rapist or FMC and Rapist if you are female). Where as, on the other hand, physical masochists could only derive pleasure from the one being dominated making it a relatively paling plain experience.

Main:
And so here comes my question and my thought. If NTR hentai artworks are so different, then can we really just say that people enjoy NTR because of sadistic/ masochistic emotions?

I think there is a deeper antecedent->precedent relationship (explaination) to why people find NTR enjoyable. Albeit, some say it is really just horniness, lust and good artworks from NTR that satisfies them. If that is the case then would NTR artwork be hated or still enjoyed if read in only text stories instead of mangas, doujinshis and animations?

If we think in terms of inversions. For the majority who dislike NTR, can we then inverse the reasons they hate it and hence see what makes NTR appealing?

The obvious reasons that appear first when we discuss about why people hate NTR/rape/other genres that involve moral degeneration are that these genres compel readers to sympathise/empathise/both negativity. Then, the opposite of the previous sentence would be upbeat, positive energy emitted from vanilla. So, the first factor, the inverse of positive handholding XD (in this case, corruption) is exactly what makes NTR erotic in some cases from what I can understand. Some might even compare this feeling of corruption to the bolloks nature of yandere, gore, brainfuck... dark tags. In summary wouldn't this insinuate that NTR is enjoyed because of its bizzare nature in a sense?

Another reason pointed out by RAGE is the feeling of loss, the inverse of this is winning which, yes is demonstrated by the wholesomeness from vanilla. Therefore, this would also explain why NTR can be enjoyed in a loser's mentality as any trauma in NTR artworks fuels the anticipation of failure in the first place and therefore satisfies the fulfilled predictions. This is relatable in a way as if your wish is granted or say that the task is indeed failed successfully?

Personally, I am not in the set of the group to enjoy NTR (and wank to it) but still in the set to understand reasons why people enjoy them the way they are...

Dessert:
...and so I wanted to post this new discussion topic to perhaps hear logic from other users and listen.

Thanks and sorry for reading my piece of mind. It is a bit stupid of me to discuss so realistically about a fictional genre.

Keep'r goin,
5ensei

>>Entertained?<<

5enseiNov 5, 2020 9:54 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Female NTR Artists

Xenomorphin - Apr 22

0 by Xenomorphin »»
Apr 22, 10:24 AM

» Any good mother netorare? ( 1 2 )

skatenexus1 - Jul 1, 2016

91 by luoyu3671 »»
Jan 19, 5:00 AM

» ?? NTR where the MC beats the shit out of them &gt;:D

kurow-chan - May 26, 2014

13 by Khutu007 »»
Jul 16, 2023 4:28 AM

» Other doujins like netorase club?

AtomicAltAccount - Mar 6, 2023

0 by AtomicAltAccount »»
Mar 6, 2023 10:51 AM

» can anyone tell me what was the NTR where MC's wife cheats on him and records on a CD ? later on mc finds the cd beside some shelf or something....

8o1_Ra - Feb 26, 2022

3 by luoyu3671 »»
Mar 1, 2023 8:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.