Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 30, 2020 11:36 AM

Sep 2018
wape said:
I feel like I was quoted twice ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mistakes happen ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) but I hope you got my point.
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

Oct 30, 2020 11:36 AM
Jun 2020
Yup yup. Regardless, his review will get removed soon.
Oct 30, 2020 12:16 PM
Jul 2018
Sup random kids, KnY is a half-assed anime, maybe not because ufotable but for author himself just giving the first 40 manga episodes adapted, and some stuff to point out it's a flop similar to HunterxHunter because:

1. Demon Slayers are people that trained for many years to later clear a final test of seven days on a mountain, for some reason the only people that survive are 4 somewhat strong people.
2. Make that pointless because 14 episodes later they sent a bunch of low ranked demon slayers to die against some homeless spider boi. At this moment you should call this bs because of the 10 ranks the world of KnY states the only ones doing something are the low ranked and this is the bs that comes later:
3. Jump out the rank system, let's drop the Hashiras, that are the right hand of the Master and are a Rank way above the current 10-rank system.

Author didn't know how to handle his manga, the adaptation jumps a lot on rank importance just to show up who're at the top of the Demon slayer clan. People that are gullible enough will give this anime above 7 without thinking how anime storyline it's a mess; also some other speedrunners will claim it's good while in true facts it's rushed, at some point the manga was about to get axed.

Also, I'd say it's some other level copycat of Ushio to Tora, just replace Demons (Oni) instead of Youkais and you get a similar experience.
Oct 30, 2020 6:29 PM

Nov 2014
franzdrake said:
Hrybami said:

I feel exactly the same. I also have the same opinion on MHA fans. I see hate on both KnY and MHA whilst the fans of these anime are pretty silent except maybe a few exceptions. But the amount of haters vs fans is disproportionate at least here on MAL. Maybe the toxic fanbase is somewhere else like on twitter, idk I don't use twitter or anything like that. But here on MAL this supposed toxicity doesn't make sense.

Yeah MHA fans are pretty chill from my experience. Tho there is toxicity from MHA fans in the past but it's mainly towards their own Mangaka which is quite a shame. They were very toxic when a certain character got a redemption arc.
It depends on who you ask whether if the MHA fandom is pretty chill, while I am not that into the fandom as I consider myself outside of it despite watching and enjoying the show, some part of the fandom can be toxic, an example is that one of my friends begun to watch the series and she enjoys cosplaying, she is currently at S4 at the moment and she plans to cosplay as Dabi one day, however, there are toxic people on TikTok who claim that "people who cosplay the students and make them older are pedophiles" and that's the shit my friend has to deal with. Some fans, man.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2020 10:43 AM
Sep 2016
Hiro4ka11 said:
Popularity = toxic fanbase is unseparated things.
yeah but currently haters are much more toxic than fanbase.
Nov 6, 2020 9:44 PM

Sep 2018
AmirHassan79 said:
Hiro4ka11 said:
Popularity = toxic fanbase is unseparated things.
yeah but currently haters are much more toxic than fanbase.

I absolutely agree. I wouldn't mind a review talking about the issues. But the top negative review is not even talking about the film.

It's clear the guy hasn't even seen it. And yet.
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

Nov 8, 2020 4:32 AM

Aug 2011
I saw the movie in theaters today. I won't go into details, but yeah I thought it was very good.
This series is unbelievably popular in Japan right now, and for good reason.
I don't understand why someone would hate on something that they haven't seen yet, but more often than not popular shows are popular because they are actually good. The fact that it's popular means that it's possible to enjoy it. I've never heard of a bad show becoming popular before, but anyone who would avoid a show just because it is popular I think is missing out. You will enjoy yourself a lot more if you keep an open mind.
"It departs in darkness, and in darkness its name is shrouded."
Nov 9, 2020 7:13 PM

May 2016
Not everyone is obligated to like an anime just because it's popular and well-received.

The more popular an anime is, the more hate it will get, likely because of the exposure it gets, attracting many people to watch it but a handful of people will not end up liking it.

Also, the fact that many fans (from my experience) claim that this anime is an absolute masterpiece with little to no flaws doesn't help either. It sets unreasonably high expectations for an anime that can leave many people disappointed. This is basically what happened to me.

However, I've heard great things about this arc and the rest of the manga. If the movie is better than S1, many people including myself will hope to change their opinion about the show.
Nov 16, 2020 3:05 AM
Apr 2019
Big sales in Japan and overwhelming popularity in West doesn't mean it's good. Just like avengers or avatar popularity doesn't mean shit. People have right to express opinions. I can see why people like but I don't get why they're so offended about low scores or some criticism... however haters of this anime are thousand times more toxic than fans. If I had to chose the worst fan base of anime of last years that would definitely be Love is war...
athena1326Nov 16, 2020 6:06 AM
Nov 28, 2020 12:43 AM

May 2010
I saw the movie today and gotta be honest. Even though the series is the most generic I've seen in recent years, I actually enjoyed this movie. It's just so beautiful on big screen. And the music. 10/10 for animation and OST.

I'm not attached to the characters and I dislike those two sidekicks with passion but
was pretty good. I always look down on that character because he's just annoying af. He's still annoying and I still don't like him, but that scene stuck to me the most.

Anyway, just wanna get that out of my system.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Movie: Mugen Ressha-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Stray - Oct 19, 2020

395 by Ilookgood »»
Feb 26, 9:44 PM

» So the movie was pointless? ( 1 2 )

ibm30rpg - Sep 26, 2021

60 by Early_Morning »»
Jan 7, 11:31 PM

Poll: » Movie or show?

Fishb0i - May 28, 2023

24 by Fishb0i »»
Aug 3, 2023 2:48 AM

» enmu

blaze_sir - Apr 26, 2023

11 by NotScout70 »»
Apr 28, 2023 8:17 AM

» Plot hole? Or me being ignorant. (Spoilers)

lFrogs - Mar 26, 2022

13 by Ridzaxster »»
Jan 25, 2023 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.