Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 24, 2020 6:04 PM
Jun 2020
Anybody knows some underrated anime that will make me cry? No need mentioning the popular ones 'cause I've probably seen them. Oh, and no movies if possible xD. I want to get to really know the characters first and I don't think a movie is enough for that.
Jun 24, 2020 6:31 PM

Mar 2017
Gakkougurashi
Princess Tutu
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
Jun 24, 2020 6:40 PM
Jun 2020
catherine-t said:
Gakkougurashi
Princess Tutu
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Thanks. I'll definitely check Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 as I've heard of it before too. The other 2 look intriguing as well.
Jun 24, 2020 6:48 PM

Mar 2017
Tensai_Basketman said:
catherine-t said:
Gakkougurashi
Princess Tutu
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Thanks. I'll definitely check Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 as I've heard of it before too. The other 2 look intriguing as well.

I'm glad I thought of some you hadn't seen yet! I wish you many smiles and tears.
Jun 24, 2020 7:47 PM
Aug 2016
So Im super emotional and i basically always cry so they might not be as effective, but here are the ones that made me cry for sure. They're mostly slice-of-life, drama, and have romance though :)

Ano Natsu de Matteru
Clannad (this is popular, but I didn't see it on your list)
Emma a Victorian Romance
Little Busters! (for this one, you HAVE to watch the second season)

Hope I could help a little :))
Jun 24, 2020 7:57 PM
Jun 2020
[quote=flarey_ message=60078239]So Im super emotional and i basically always cry so they might not be as effective, but here are the ones that made me cry for sure. They're mostly slice-of-life, drama, and have romance though :)

Ano Natsu de Matteru
Clannad (this is popular, but I didn't see it on your list)
Emma a Victorian Romance
Little Busters! (for this one, you HAVE to watch the second season)

Hope I could help a little :))
Thanks I'll check them out. Actually I have been avoiding Clannad for a long time now. I saw that most of the cast consists of females and it did not really look that interesting, though I'll definitely watch it in the future xD.
Jun 24, 2020 8:54 PM
Jun 24, 2020 11:13 PM

Aug 2018
Tokyo magnitude 8.0 (really sad anime)
zero no tsukaima (not a sad anime just so damn beautiful)
hajime no ippo (i cried at the ending)

Jun 24, 2020 11:16 PM
Jun 2020
Amatniki said:

Hajime no Ippo was a masterpiece. I personally cried at the end of Mashiba vs Kimura fight :'(
Jun 24, 2020 11:21 PM

Aug 2018
Tensai_Basketman said:
Amatniki said:

Hajime no Ippo was a masterpiece. I personally cried at the end of Mashiba vs Kimura fight :'(

I cried at the end of hajime no ippo because I was so sad that the anime ended. I wanted it to last forever it was just too wonderful

Jun 24, 2020 11:23 PM
Jun 2020
Amatniki said:
Tensai_Basketman said:

I cried at the end of hajime no ippo because I was so sad that the anime ended. I wanted it to last forever it was just too wonderful

Let's hope the anime comes back after manga ends.
Jun 25, 2020 1:04 AM

Mar 2018
Haibane Renmei. One of my favorite anime (and it seems we have pretty similar taste) had me in tears. The second time through even more so because I realized what a lot of the symbolism meant. Having said that, it starts with a pretty slow pace which I know can be a turn off for a lot of people
Jun 25, 2020 1:09 AM
Jun 2020
Bfolls said:
Haibane Renmei. One of my favorite anime (and it seems we have pretty similar taste) had me in tears. The second time through even more so because I realized what a lot of the symbolism meant. Having said that, it starts with a pretty slow pace which I know can be a turn off for a lot of people

Thank youu. It looks very interesting. I'mma start it now *_*.
Jun 25, 2020 2:29 AM

Apr 2020
Plastic memories is a good one.
Jun 25, 2020 4:14 AM

Apr 2020
Sayonara no Asa ni Yakusoku no Hana wo Kazarou totally! cried about 3 times
+1 Plastic Memories
Sunday Without God
M3OWZJun 25, 2020 4:18 AM
Jun 25, 2020 6:38 AM
Jan 2020
Tsuki ga Kirei (12 eps) - Quite a good choice I'd say. Not too sad or anything, but really heartfelt story. I mean I cried, so its definitely possible.

Ao Haru Ride (12 eps) - I saw it in your list, but you hadn't seen it? I recommend that one too. Maybe not as underrated as you'd like but still a bit of a tear-jerker.

Quintessential Quintuplets (12 eps) - Another underrated choice in my opinion. It is more of a harem I'd say, however not to too much of an extent. What I mean is that, sure he is flirting with every girl, but he isn't trying to date or romantically involve himself with them. However that does change towards the end where he ends up falling for one of them. There is going to a second season, it has not aired yet however.
Jun 26, 2020 1:28 PM

Oct 2011
It seems as though you haven't watched these yet, so :
+princess tutu, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Saishuu Heiki Kanojo
(in my opinion, extremely underrated and supersad)

Uchuu Kyoudai
(a rollercoaster of emotions, watching this one..don't know if you can call it "underrated" though)

Houseki no Kuni
(damn pretty, really interesting.. and yeah, quite sad)

MALoween 2021 :

bonus candy :
x6

More topics from this board

» looking for animanga/wa/ua like gantz, battle royale, god's will, jagaaaaaan and sweet home

FruitPunchBaka - 1 hour ago

1 by H_Castaigne »»
1 hour ago

» Any anime/manga with birds as the main focus?

doomteensy - May 3

9 by doomteensy »»
2 hours ago

» I need recs for a calm school life romance manga

yellowmonkey - 6 hours ago

2 by nishant0 »»
4 hours ago

» Looking for a non-harem Isekai anime

Michael_Mika - Mar 14

18 by Michael_Mika »»
Yesterday, 4:42 PM

» Anime/Manga that revolves around Rain Theem

BroDa2545 - May 5

5 by Dizzy-san »»
Yesterday, 3:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.