Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 18, 2020 5:40 AM

Jul 2013
Hello,
This season introduced Meganii, Mascots/Managers, VR integration making this season to feel for me like Beta/Prequel of PriPara since from first episode of this season. This makes me feel confused, because everywhere I read it it said that these series are like successor of the PriPara series.
Is anyone else has these Beta/Prequel of PriPara vibes watching this season?
[size=0]
[/size]
Jul 29, 2020 6:33 PM
Jul 2018
Well I really liked the Cyalume Change from PriPara. Also, Pripara had a lot more songs than Kiratto Pri-chan (which reuses it's characters songs alot).

Kiratto Pri Chan looks like it might be as long as it's predecessor. Pripara was 140 episodes long. Each season of Kiratto Prichan has 51 episodes. So season 3 starts at episode 103.

But I haven't seen any Pripara idol characters appear yet. It's only been Aira and Naru so far (from the Pretty Rhythm series). If they were going to bring a Dear My Future character back, it would most likely be Mia.
Nov 8, 2020 6:05 AM

Jul 2012
I never thought about this before, but if Pretty Series were the serious sort of thing where such twists were common, I'd buy it.

Cyalume Change was always a great feature, but I don't think we'll see a similar thing until the next overall Pretty Series entry.

Everybody from Aira to Yui ended up in the 10th Anniversary Special Episode, and Yui has been showing up a lot lately. Maybe she'll end up being how things connect.

PriChan reuses character songs a lot because the sales from the singles never got close to how much PriPara used to sell. That's probably why there have been two or three new PriPara albums since the series ended too.
Dec 27, 2020 1:43 PM
Jul 2018
fourteenwings said:
I never thought about this before, but if Pretty Series were the serious sort of thing where such twists were common, I'd buy it.

Cyalume Change was always a great feature, but I don't think we'll see a similar thing until the next overall Pretty Series entry.

Everybody from Aira to Yui ended up in the 10th Anniversary Special Episode, and Yui has been showing up a lot lately. Maybe she'll end up being how things connect.

PriChan reuses character songs a lot because the sales from the singles never got close to how much PriPara used to sell. That's probably why there have been two or three new PriPara albums since the series ended too.

If the Pretty Series' characters were a tiny bit more serious...they would be more similar to Aikatsu characters. The plot would be a bit more serious with less silly randomness. The randomness makes it more distinct from Aikatsu though.

Basically, Aikatsu characters are a bit more mature, and serious than the Pretty Series competitors. But it's what distinguishes them.

Pretty Rhythm Dear My Future is still the weakest of the Pretty series though. The producers tried to base the characters off real life idol girls from Prizmmy and Puretty. Puretty even disbanded not long afterwards.

When comparing character designs, Maria Kanamori's hair style is similar to Yui Yumekawa's with the long hair and two pig tails. So the producers made them relatives.
removed-userDec 27, 2020 1:55 PM
Dec 27, 2020 9:20 PM

Jul 2012
Now that we know Idol Land PriPara is coming up next April (presumably), and that as per the tweeted images so far, Yui has fallen into a deep sleep and Shougo has to save her, it might turn out that Yui's appearance is related to that in some way.

After all, PriChan is currently in PriChan Land, which is similar.

I think, despite my Aikatsu! bias, the most mature of all the shows is Pretty Rhythm: Rainbow Live, which dealt with a lot of things like Hiro's mother being a prostitute, Kouji and Ito having to heal both of their families after a major traumatic incident, and the severe psychological issues Bell had to resolve around the end of the second cour.

Outside of that, Aikatsu! is certainly more mature and streamlined in terms of story.

PURETTY were a project by the South Korean agency that created T-ARA or something, and they were included/created because at the time Pretty Rhythm was a massive hit in South Korea and avex (who distributes Pretty Series music) wanted to get in on the Hallyu Wave.

There's a rumor that a whole arc of Pretty Rhythm DMF was supposed to take place in South Korea but that was vetoed by the executives.

I was sad to see them split up but Prizmmy were so great I really barely noticed.

Aside from that, I wonder if I could change your mind on Dear My Future? I think it's quite a brilliant show, and I could put up my old musings on it on my blog here to see what you think.
fourteenwingsDec 27, 2020 9:25 PM
Dec 27, 2020 9:29 PM
Jul 2018
I like to see the blog. I forgotten most of Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live. I tried rewatching it twice. Whenever I binge watch anime, I tend to forget it easily. I prefer watching shows when they air. Watching it for an extended time seems to make it easier to remember.

Prizmmy songs are really catchy especially Boy meets Girl and Crazy. I have mixed feelings of Dear My Future since Aira was so indecisive with her love triangle with Shuu (from Callings) and the designer from Dear Crown.

Puretty disbanded and the members went their seperate ways. The South Korean setting would not work because of a boycott on Japanese goods in South Korea right now.
Dec 28, 2020 5:15 AM

Jul 2012
I've posted everything on my MAL blog here, starting at the bottom of the page. I'll post my thoughts on Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live there sometime soon too!

I think there are advantages to watching weekly and others to watching the show all at once. When you watch the show in one go, you can see all the different elements and plotlines more clearly as they progress with each episode and arc, whereas weekly you can forget some details.

But I think that's what rewatching is for!

One of my favorite things about Dear My Future was the introduction of Dear Crown. I like Prism Stone, but Dear Crown as the 'rival' store of the Pretty Series is a really cool concept.

Prizmmy didn't disband, but all the members did graduate. I think Reina performs in Sailor Moon musicals now. The main musicians for the Pretty Rhythm series now are i☆Ris and Run Girls, Run!, the latter of whom used to do songs mainly for Wake Up, Girls!

Sometimes Wa~suta! also throw their two cents in, but not as often. Plus, none of the Wa~suta! idol unit members play any characters in the Pretty Series as far as I know.

I think both have done a great job, but I wish we could get a more modern pop sound like Prizmmy used to do at some point in the future.
Dec 30, 2020 9:06 PM
Jul 2018
fourteenwings said:
I've posted everything on my MAL blog here, starting at the bottom of the page. I'll post my thoughts on Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live there sometime soon too!

I think there are advantages to watching weekly and others to watching the show all at once. When you watch the show in one go, you can see all the different elements and plotlines more clearly as they progress with each episode and arc, whereas weekly you can forget some details.

But I think that's what rewatching is for!

One of my favorite things about Dear My Future was the introduction of Dear Crown. I like Prism Stone, but Dear Crown as the 'rival' store of the Pretty Series is a really cool concept.

Prizmmy didn't disband, but all the members did graduate. I think Reina performs in Sailor Moon musicals now. The main musicians for the Pretty Rhythm series now are i☆Ris and Run Girls, Run!, the latter of whom used to do songs mainly for Wake Up, Girls!

Sometimes Wa~suta! also throw their two cents in, but not as often. Plus, none of the Wa~suta! idol unit members play any characters in the Pretty Series as far as I know.

I think both have done a great job, but I wish we could get a more modern pop sound like Prizmmy used to do at some point in the future.

The introduction of Dear Crown was a good stepping stone for Prism Stone to improve. Competition makes ways to improvement. Also the frilly pink Prism Stone outfits look so different from the mature Dear Crown ones.

Yes I believe I heard a song with those lyrics being used as the ending song for Lady Jewelpet. It was sung by Prizmmy.

I don't know much about kid idol groups. But from what I heard, most kid entertainers give up their school time to film, and act. Being famous at a young age may be a bad thing. It's good and bad.
Dec 30, 2020 9:54 PM

Jul 2012
I actually think the ending theme to Lady Jewelpet was by Fairies? Prizmmy and Fairies were very similar when they were around.

As for the younger idol groups, I do think life can be hard for them, especially when they decide to give up entertainment and live a normal life later on.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiratto Pri☆chan Season 3 Episode 47 Discussion

VanishingKira - Nov 25, 2022

0 by VanishingKira »»
Nov 25, 2022 5:40 PM

Poll: » Kiratto Pri☆chan Season 3 Episode 39 Discussion

VanishingKira - Nov 16, 2022

0 by VanishingKira »»
Nov 16, 2022 10:31 PM

Poll: » Kiratto Pri☆chan Season 3 Episode 34 Discussion

VanishingKira - Nov 13, 2022

0 by VanishingKira »»
Nov 13, 2022 3:34 PM

Poll: » Kiratto Pri☆chan Season 3 Episode 32 Discussion

VanishingKira - Nov 10, 2022

0 by VanishingKira »»
Nov 10, 2022 5:53 PM

Poll: » Kiratto Pri☆chan Season 3 Episode 31 Discussion

VanishingKira - Nov 9, 2022

0 by VanishingKira »»
Nov 9, 2022 1:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.