Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 8, 2020 8:56 PM

Oct 2010
https://www.viz.com/blog/posts/announcing-yashahime-princess-half-demon

The daughters of Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha set out on a journey transcending time!

In Feudal Japan, Half-Demon twins Towa and Setsuna are separated from each other during a forest fire. While desperately searching for her younger sister, Towa wanders into a mysterious tunnel that sends her into present-day Japan, where she is found and raised by Kagome Higurashi's brother, Sota, and his family.

Ten years later, the tunnel that connects the two eras has reopened, allowing Towa to be reunited with Setsuna, who is now a Demon Slayer working for Kohaku. But to Towa's shock, Setsuna appears to have lost all memories of her older sister.

Joined by Moroha, the daughter of Inuyasha and Kagome, the three young women travel between the two eras on an adventure to regain their missing past.

edit: it airs in Fall!
KougeruMay 9, 2020 12:46 AM
May 8, 2020 11:58 PM

Feb 2014
this is "right right" right? how come im not seeing the home page of anime/manga news here?
May 9, 2020 12:41 AM

Oct 2010
IIRC most (all?) mods here are volunteers. Maybe that's a factor but I've always felt news here was pretty slow so I generally use other sources such as ANN, CR, and mostly twitter. The first reports of this were from people that got a magazine in Japan that announced the news. ANN didn't report it for over 12 hours after I (and I assume other people) had emailed them about the news. ANN only reported it when Viz confirmed it was happening: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-05-08/inuyasha-anime-gets-yashahime-princess-half-demon-tv-spinoff-this-fall/.159360

But anyway, I can't speak for MAL as to why it's not on their news page, so I just made assumptions. It's definitely real news, you can trust Viz - they have US rights to the show and will stream and release it on home video apparently.
May 9, 2020 4:43 AM

Oct 2017
Damn man we are getting a next gen of Inuyasha, hell yeah.

Thou considering how most next gen animes are I'm worried about how good it will be. Hope that it's atleast decent.
May 9, 2020 8:02 AM

Feb 2019
I’m fucking hyped. No one expected this at all especially with his final act ended but I’ll take it. My fave anime of all time I’ve Legit been buzzing since yesterday
May 9, 2020 8:18 AM

Oct 2010
Ya there's definitely reason to sorry but with so many of the big staff coming back I have faith for now
May 9, 2020 8:25 AM

Jun 2016
Yes Sesshomaru is cool and awesome I would like too see Sango brother as well and Miroku.

Cool

May 9, 2020 8:41 AM

Oct 2010
the plot summary says that one of the Sesshoumaru's daughters is working for Kohaku as a demon-slayer. 100% we'll see Kohaku and I'd say a 99% we'll see Miroku
May 9, 2020 10:15 AM
Jul 2018
Daughter of Sesshoumaru-sama? Who is the mother :p

I wonder what the animation will look like.. :)
May 9, 2020 2:52 PM

May 2016
Speaking to Franquise I don't like sequels, sequels are stories that authors generally use when they want more money or have no imagination, not the case with Takahashi-sensei, then why?

I am not hyped, I am afraid. For now wait and see how things turn out.
May 9, 2020 4:48 PM

Jun 2019
I will watch this no matter how it turns out, because while always logically and theoretically entertaining the idea of anything being possible (especially after anime made from 90s, 80s, etc. manga in recent years, reboots of shows like Kino no Tabi and Fruits Basket 14 - 18 years after the fact, and so on), I never considered an actual sequel remotely a realistic prospect for Inuyasha. If anything, I thought maybe eventually there would be a reboot/remake, and then I probably would not watch as I wouldn't want to detract from the original's glory.

But a sequel? This is just one of those shows I thought was told so completely and fully and left at such a resolved, triumphant, and transcendant place with an air of finality about it to settle in comfortably as a legend and rest on its laurels for all time that it was one of the least likely conceivable.

So the fact that it's an actual legitimate continuation after episode 193 (or episode 26 of TFA, if you're counting/categorizing it that way) means it could be about preparing carp stew by the riverside and taking long afternoon naps. I'll watch whatever they do.

It would be a dream for the ages to get folks like Satsuki Yukino (Kagome's seiyuu) and Kaoru Wada (OST) back in some capacity. And Toshiyuki Morikawa. It would be so epic even just to hear them in like a 30 second cameo role.
WatchTillTandavaMay 9, 2020 4:52 PM
May 9, 2020 6:27 PM

Oct 2010
WatchTillTandava said:
I will watch this no matter how it turns out, because while always logically and theoretically entertaining the idea of anything being possible (especially after anime made from 90s, 80s, etc. manga in recent years, reboots of shows like Kino no Tabi and Fruits Basket 14 - 18 years after the fact, and so on), I never considered an actual sequel remotely a realistic prospect for Inuyasha. If anything, I thought maybe eventually there would be a reboot/remake, and then I probably would not watch as I wouldn't want to detract from the original's glory.

But a sequel? This is just one of those shows I thought was told so completely and fully and left at such a resolved, triumphant, and transcendant place with an air of finality about it to settle in comfortably as a legend and rest on its laurels for all time that it was one of the least likely conceivable.

So the fact that it's an actual legitimate continuation after episode 193 (or episode 26 of TFA, if you're counting/categorizing it that way) means it could be about preparing carp stew by the riverside and taking long afternoon naps. I'll watch whatever they do.

It would be a dream for the ages to get folks like Satsuki Yukino (Kagome's seiyuu) and Kaoru Wada (OST) back in some capacity. And Toshiyuki Morikawa. It would be so epic even just to hear them in like a 30 second cameo role.

Kaoru Wada is already confirmed to return!

Also the MAL page is up finally!! https://myanimelist.net/anime/41911/Hanyou_no_Yashahime__Sengoku_Otogizoushi
May 9, 2020 6:58 PM

Jun 2019
Kougeru said:
Kaoru Wada is already confirmed to return!

Also the MAL page is up finally!! https://myanimelist.net/anime/41911/Hanyou_no_Yashahime__Sengoku_Otogizoushi

To call this epic would be a disservice and an understatement - It's a damn revelation!

Wada's OST is what made me look at music as used in all audiovisual presentations in a different way and so closely for the first time. After seeing so many thousands of films, TV series, cartoons, anime, etc., I don't think any used that timeless score as well as Inuyasha did where every second of every track of music can be so well tied to every individual plot beat and subtle character emotion.

Added to PTW list on sight - the first time I've ever done so without even a second's consideration or hesitation. You made my night now and this news makes my 2020!
May 20, 2020 6:17 PM
May 2020
Since the composer of the original series is returning for this I wonder if the tracks from the original will be reprised in this

More topics from this board

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 17 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

19 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 11:07 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 16 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

29 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 10:25 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 14 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

19 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 9:44 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

21 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 6:49 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 4 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Dec 29, 2009

30 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 6:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.