Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 9, 2020 7:04 PM

May 2019
Isekai Quartet needs to stop beating the dead horse. Either make new jokes or just stop. Season 1 was somewhat hilarious. Season 2 told the exact same joke with different characters and thus feel pretty flat.

Look jokes are supposed to be more than just mere references to the show but should take jab at the characters more often even the writing itself. The show that I think pulls this off good is Fate Carnival Phantasm. Seriously there is so much wasted potential.

Though based of season 2 score. It seems most people liked the season 2 and I am in minority.
Don't be a self pretentious that is the most gayest thing ever
English Dubs are better than subs
You all have anime profile pic so you opinion doesn't count
Your Waifu is trash
Cory in the house is the best anime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFQQALduhzA
Japanese are one of the most xenophobic nations
My Anime List looks like a website from 1990s
Apr 10, 2020 11:15 PM

May 2019
Itaski said:
If it wasn't for your name, I would have gone sicko mode.

Regardless of my name this season of Isekai Quartet was meh for me. The post is exaggerated (Mostly to get reaction out of people) but, my opinion is show is genuine.
Don't be a self pretentious that is the most gayest thing ever
English Dubs are better than subs
You all have anime profile pic so you opinion doesn't count
Your Waifu is trash
Cory in the house is the best anime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFQQALduhzA
Japanese are one of the most xenophobic nations
My Anime List looks like a website from 1990s
Apr 27, 2020 12:33 PM

Jul 2019
I mean I think both were good. Yeah I wish it would be the level of Carnival Phantasm. Both seasons had funny and unfunny moments. But season 2 had more Aqua bullying which was nice.
Apr 28, 2020 12:18 PM
Mar 2018
True, Aqua did get bullied way more, but Naofumi and the rest of the gang got like no screen time which was really disappointing. Cautious Hero was also only in the show for a few seconds. Overall tho I think I enjoyed watching season 2.
Apr 30, 2020 6:20 AM

Mar 2018
IDK about you but I think season 2 was just as funny as season 1. What I especially loved in season 2 is that everyone in the class was more friendly towards eachother. In season 1 they were all complete strangers to eachother but in season 2 everyone pretty much know enough of eachother to crack jokes towards others which is hilarious and adorable.

I can sit here complain about the cheap animation, repeating jokes, lack of screentime from the new shows, lack of runtime in general, and just acknowledging how big of a cashgrab this anime is, but in the end I am watching some of my favorite anime characters just having a gay ol' time with eachother and that's all that matters to me.
May 24, 2020 9:58 AM
Jul 2018
obvious_troll said:
Isekai Quartet needs to stop beating the dead horse. Either make new jokes or just stop. Season 1 was somewhat hilarious. Season 2 told the exact same joke with different characters and thus feel pretty flat.

Look jokes are supposed to be more than just mere references to the show but should take jab at the characters more often even the writing itself. The show that I think pulls this off good is Fate Carnival Phantasm. Seriously there is so much wasted potential.

Though based of season 2 score. It seems most people liked the season 2 and I am in minority.

I believe people that become first entry fans of the quartet enjoyed this as the holy grail of dumb comedy. Falcom did this before and worked somehow and let it die as it should be. Can't believe this is getting a 3rd season, probably like many others they prefer to milk one thing until it's done. Well, I wish this to get milked until oblivion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Quartet Movie: Another World Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Usopp8000 - Jun 17, 2022

59 by RoninGeneral »»
Apr 5, 8:53 PM

» The new antagonist guy (rezero spoilers)

KinoKantRBD - Jun 10, 2022

14 by CHILLEDPHOENIX »»
Oct 21, 2023 8:33 AM

» Will there be a Season 3?

XAlpha9 - Jun 1, 2023

11 by anizawa89 »»
Sep 7, 2023 4:44 PM

» Who do you want to see in Season 3? ( 1 2 )

SataNiCKniFe - Mar 31, 2020

90 by Dashiva761 »»
May 1, 2023 2:21 AM

» how do 2 people already have this in their favorites

MuscularBlackMan - Apr 1, 2020

9 by PowerMinerYT »»
Mar 17, 2023 9:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.