Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 8, 2020 8:34 PM
Nov 2019
Somewhere in near of the end of season 2 when hikigaya helping iroha about the christmas event. Well he stumble upon a problem and end up asking volunteer club for help. First yukinoshita reject the request, then hikigaya self-monologuing and end up saying I want some thing real. Well you can re-watch the whole story for context. I mean I actually understand a little maybe I am wrong, I think by something real Hikigaya want a relationship which the person involve know everything about other, Like something that won't ever disappear no matter how much they hurt each other, I mean like exact opposite of unconditional love. Which ironically not that different than an unconditional love (it's like unconditional love is 0 and that something real is infinity, both is similar in that kind of way). He's certain that there is something like that but it always out of reach. So I mean in the last episode he said something similar but maybe different, this show is ambiguous as hell, but I think it give you insight of human nature. But in the last episode hikigaya encourage yukinoshita to pursue a path that struggling but gain nothing. So is that "something real" really out of reach? Is pursuing that path will give us nothing? I might be tying something unrelated here. So what Hikigaya mean by "something real"?

Side note : well this not really a discussion about the anime, but the massage, what the writer tried to tell.
Mar 31, 2020 5:17 PM
Oct 2009
BIackwing said:
Somewhere in near of the end of season 2 when hikigaya helping iroha about the christmas event. Well he stumble upon a problem and end up asking volunteer club for help. First yukinoshita reject the request, then hikigaya self-monologuing and end up saying I want some thing real. Well you can re-watch the whole story for context. I mean I actually understand a little maybe I am wrong, I think by something real Hikigaya want a relationship which the person involve know everything about other, Like something that won't ever disappear no matter how much they hurt each other, I mean like exact opposite of unconditional love. Which ironically not that different than an unconditional love (it's like unconditional love is 0 and that something real is infinity, both is similar in that kind of way). He's certain that there is something like that but it always out of reach. So I mean in the last episode he said something similar but maybe different, this show is ambiguous as hell, but I think it give you insight of human nature. But in the last episode hikigaya encourage yukinoshita to pursue a path that struggling but gain nothing. So is that "something real" really out of reach? Is pursuing that path will give us nothing? I might be tying something unrelated here. So what Hikigaya mean by "something real"?

Side note : well this not really a discussion about the anime, but the massage, what the writer tried to tell.

1 Season was about smth. It had action, they solved smth, Yui i think was i love, not sure about Yukino, who says she would never be friends with Hiki etc and Yukino never lies... In second season they talk about smth, they all don't know what it is or what they want, characters changed, there is hardly any action, they just sit in a room. I mean i coulnd't even see where it's heading. Firts season was easy, Yui in love, Haruna wants Yukino to date Hiki or maybe she is a bit interested herself, it had a lot of rom-com moments etc. Secound season was more like drama they walk always depressed seems author can't decide what to do, there is no storyline. There are many girls people liked Haruno, Yui, Yukino, Sensei, Rumi, Iroha even SakiSaki and seems author can't decide what he should do with it now, he can't decide how story should develop, it seemed that story lost comedy and left only romance, but author just included even more good heroines and can't decide who he would set with Hiki now. I think it should stayed more comedy as for romance he could make a line with Yui because it was obvious from start that she aimed at Hiki. Let Yukino have friends (Yui maybe Hiki too), resolve items with Rumi, Irohas should be trying to get Hayma and get in fights with Miura, Saki should stayed background character. Haruno should stayed a teasing character, Sensei should stay funny and trying to help. And more moments with Totsuka, Saika where he looks cuter than all girls for funny moments. They also shouldn't change Hiki, but they did. Zaimokuza and Hina should stayed a comic characters. That way series would be fun to watch (comedy) and little romance. As it is now it could get ony harem romance, in second season series lost it's originality and story. We have a lot of animes with lots of cute girls after one guy now we have 1more. Ahh as for Orimoto, Kaori she seems not important for story.
May 16, 2020 10:27 PM
Feb 2019
Yeah I guess Hachiman is coming to terms with his feelings that even now with his closed off pessimistic personality, he still yearns for a real connection with someone.

He wants to completely understand someone, and in turn be able to show his full self to them. A connection without lies and false masks. A relationship that is able to be fully open to how they feel without sugarcoating the situation just to make them feel better or avoid issues/butting of heads that come up in life. To be fully open to someone, means to fully understand someone.

But, he is fully aware of the unpredictability and the dark side of human nature. People are just naturally selfish, protective, deceiving. Knowing this, he knows this dream of his can never be fully realised and so he despises himself for still having those kind of feelings.
But in that one moment he was willing to open himself up to these girls, in the hopes of not only getting their help for the failing Christmas event but to garner a better understanding of his connection with them and a better understanding of them as individuals to gain a stronger or hopefully even genuine relationship with them.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

1002 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

556 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 21, 2015

667 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 7, 2015

421 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 9:12 PM

» Help me understand the whole drama ( 1 2 )

GuidSMR - Apr 4, 2023

65 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 26, 8:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.