Forum Settings
Forums

How do you deal with the pain after watching a long series?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 19, 2023 6:43 PM

Dec 2012
I don't, unless the ending was depressing or otherwise terribly executed.  Instead I usually feel a sense of satisfaction when I complete something, which is nice.

Though I tend to avoid long things as a rule.  Most long anime that I've seen turned out to be pretty disappointing in my opinion.  The more episodes it has the higher the odds that it crashes and burns later.  It's hard to make a long series without it just becoming stale and repetitive.  You kinda have to have an author on the level of Monster or Legend of the Galactic Heroes to accomplish that.
KruszerApr 19, 2023 6:58 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Apr 19, 2023 6:48 PM
Sep 2020
You see, I feel the feeling of emptiness you feel is also the part of the experience the show gives so i just don't try to deal with it but rather live with it, maybe watch some reviews of the said show and when I feel that yeah I feel better I'll start watching another one, sometimes if it's a show like clannad i watch some slice of life to soften the blow.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Great Teacher Onizuka

Enn - Mar 21, 2007

12 by Spunkert »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 9 hours ago

35 by Cronosmu »»
14 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Yesterday

50 by TsutanaiFuun »»
23 minutes ago

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

67 by Spunkert »»
39 minutes ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - Apr 23

33 by deg »»
47 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.