Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 2, 2019 1:50 PM

Dec 2018
From my understanding the outsiders turn into trees if they don't return souls to Mother. We could see this happening to the aunt in chapter 21.
However why haven't "Teacher" turned into a tree yet?

Also we get to know that the outsiders lose their memories, I am not sure if they lose their memories for the same reasons as they become trees. It seems that "Teacher" has lost some of his memories but not everything. He managed to explain to Shiva the symptoms of the curse from personal experience. He also remembers having a wife and child aswell but that's about it. But we aren't sure if he was an insider or not as of the latest chapters

If anyone understands the whole thing properly, please explain it to me :/
DrinzenNov 2, 2019 2:55 PM
Nov 2, 2019 4:27 PM

Feb 2017
From what I remember Outsiders turn into trees when they fulfill their "purpose". Humans who got cursed turn into trees a lot faster (Auntie, the soldier) than Outsiders created by Mother. For some reason Teacher still hasn't turned into tree. I guess it's one of the reason why other Outsiders think he was created by Mother instead of being a human that got cursed like he himself believes. Only thing Teacher remembers is that he had a wife and a child ant that they lived a happy and normal life. Nothing else. He also isn't sure whether he is deluding himself. So he lost pretty much all memories except the most obvious ones and he still isn't sure if they are true or not.

It's kinda implied that there is something special about Teacher, so that might be the reason why he remembers some things and still hasn't turned into a tree. As for what's and why is he special remains to be revealed in the future and is still a mystery.

I might be wrong and misunderstood some things from the manga so someone please correct me if that's the case.
Nov 2, 2019 4:46 PM

Dec 2018
Thanks for the reply!
I think maybe Mother decides what the purpose for the outsiders is. So she decides when the time has come for them. I don't know if she does decide for the insiders that has been cursed though. However if she does decide that, maybe that explains why Teacher is still alive. She probably has given him purpose by making him care for Shiva since she is so important.
It isn't really confirmed if Teacher was a human though since he isn't sure if his memories are real and he doesn't remember his name. (one of the soldiers theorized that Teacher was a human called Albert but Teacher doesn't recognize the name)
Nov 2, 2019 7:32 PM
Jul 2018
As I understood it the turning into trees is a sort of decay and all Outsiders decay at a different rate. As stated ones made from humans turn faster. Their job is to returns souls to Mother but they will decay either way regardless of if they return any or not. As to why Teacher hasn't decayed considering how long he has been around isn't explained yet.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Totsukuni no Shoujo Chapter 53 Discussion

Tsarko - Nov 9, 2021

19 by Rivacoop »»
Mar 10, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Totsukuni no Shoujo Chapter 35 Discussion

LastLuminescence - Oct 5, 2019

4 by TimeFliesAway »»
Nov 7, 2023 5:01 PM

Poll: » Totsukuni no Shoujo Chapter 34 Discussion

TimeFliesAway - Nov 7, 2023

0 by TimeFliesAway »»
Nov 7, 2023 4:52 PM

Poll: » Totsukuni no Shoujo Chapter 33 Discussion

0 by TimeFliesAway »»
Nov 7, 2023 4:45 PM

Poll: » Totsukuni no Shoujo Chapter 32 Discussion

0 by TimeFliesAway »»
Nov 7, 2023 4:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.