Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 26, 2019 9:22 PM

Aug 2015
It seems that the Fate/ version of Merlin is the most beautiful and perfected reincarnaton that Merlin's character ever had. He is really alluring, charismatic, powerful, soothing and aesthetically appealing which makes him overall perfect in all aspects and together with the concept of Magus of Flowers, the Garden of Avalon and how they are linked with him creates a wonderful character beyond imagination.
Apr 2, 2020 1:57 PM

Nov 2017
I agree very much (even though I love the wholesome Merlin version from the BBC show Merlin)

Jun 2, 2020 12:45 PM

Apr 2020
Absolutely true. I mean, people usually think of Merlin as some old and wise man. Seeing him as this playful and somewhat sly young half-incubus guy really appeals to me.
[right]=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=
Feb 8, 2021 6:56 PM

Dec 2014
Yes, I too have nothing but admiration towards a man who gave Saber a magic dick so she could be raped by her sister.

He is a wise and beautiful man indeed.
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!
Mar 15, 2022 11:04 PM
Oct 2020
TrueKireiPriest said:
Yes, I too have nothing but admiration towards a man who gave Saber a magic dick so she could be raped by her sister.

I've heard this a lot, but where does it actually say it? well, GoA kinda hints at it but nothing concrete. if u know can u tell me in which show/manga/novel/vn it is stated?

Jul 24, 2022 4:00 AM
Oct 2020
sanuth_JS said:
TrueKireiPriest said:

I've heard this a lot, but where does it actually say it? well, GoA kinda hints at it but nothing concrete. if u know can u tell me in which show/manga/novel/vn it is stated?

The FGO LB6 chapter which was written by Nasu is changed this dick thing to a Morgan stealing Artoria's blood.

On other thing, one of the reviewers said "since Gen's FZ managed to attract a lot of hate on Arturia and conflicted with plot points in FSN"; can someone explain me why people hated FZ Artoria?
Jul 24, 2022 5:04 AM

Jan 2017
stahlmam14 said:
can someone explain me why people hated FZ Artoria?

For Zero only , she's kinda useless and clearly not as charismatic as Gilgamesh or Iskandar.

As for those who know the original Saber :
Alexioos95Jul 24, 2022 5:08 AM
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jul 24, 2022 11:11 AM
Oct 2020
Alexioos95 said:
stahlmam14 said:
can someone explain me why people hated FZ Artoria?

For Zero only , she's kinda useless and clearly not as charismatic as Gilgamesh or Iskandar.

As for those who know the original Saber :

I understand the point of second part, also I remember a scene from FSN on a bridge that mirrors the Banquet scene, where Shirou say the similar thing as Iskander, but Artoria says that Shirou just don't understand.
But I dissagree with the first part, FZ Saber has much better personality and is way more charismatic than FSN Saber.
Jul 24, 2022 12:29 PM

Jan 2017
stahlmam14 said:
But I dissagree with the first part, FZ Saber has much better personality and is way more charismatic than FSN Saber.

Dunno how you can find her more charismatic in Zero when she just get belittled and humiliated by everyone in the serie while screaming for her "honor"...
But well , it's not what i said anyway , i said that she's not as charismatic in Zero as Gilgamesh or Iskander in the same serie.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Jul 25, 2022 6:37 AM
Oct 2020
Alexioos95 said:
stahlmam14 said:

Dunno how you can find her more charismatic in Zero when she just get belittled and humiliated by everyone in the serie while screaming for her "honor"...
But well , it's not what i said anyway , i said that she's not as charismatic in Zero as Gilgamesh or Iskander in the same serie.

Compared to Iskander and Gilgamesh, yes.

I will explain, her exposition says that she is pure, proud and wise King Arthur, her flashbacks and info in FSN, FHA and Garden of Avalon depict her as such(her life before Camlann, her life as King). But when she actually shows up in FSN (after Camlann), she doesn't feel kingly or charismatic at all, she feels like a unemotional robot most of the time and is really stiff; when took off her "Kingly Mask", she starts to behave like a 14 y.o child, I know that she's 30+ y.o woman in 15 y.o body, but looks ridiculous and breaks her character, especially the moment in FHA, when she put a rant about her underwear. In FZ despite all shortcomings, she really feels like a King, she's not robotic and unemotional, but stoic and calm with some naivety and exitement befitting a person whose psychological age doesn't match physical, and you can see it in her behavior and conversations with Irisviel; when she battles, despite her obsession with chivalry, it's nice to see her being exited to fight a fellow knight, it shows that despite her hard life, she still has a thrill for a good fight and competition.

More topics from this board

» When should I read this in nasuverse

Suiely_c-ute - Oct 1, 2022

11 by Alexioos95 »»
Nov 11, 2023 11:39 AM

» Any translation for this?

Squilon - Sep 9, 2021

14 by Alexioos95 »»
Sep 12, 2022 12:42 PM

» Now with Illustrations

mira-pyon - Oct 28, 2015

7 by JusticeInSwords »»
Jun 2, 2020 12:47 PM

» Drama CD

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2016

4 by Yvonnelim99 »»
Nov 16, 2016 6:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Garden of Avalon Volume 1 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Mar 26, 2015

4 by ssjokg »»
Apr 13, 2015 2:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.