Forum Settings
Forums

What genres of anime can you just not get into? Why?

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jun 3, 2019 1:55 PM
Jul 2018
Shicchi said:
HopefulNihilist said:
I just can't get into sports, comedies (for the most part, Konosuba is an exception), slice of life, romance-only, mecha anime.

I find the idea of watching a slice of life anime pointless, because they'll obviously not have much going on.
I like romance, but not when it's the only focus, because then not much is going on.
Sports is something I can do myself, so I don't see the point in watching people play it.
Most comedy anime I find obnoxious.
Mecha I'm just not really interested in.

I'd like to say that I've watched at least one anime of every genre.
So I can say for sure what I like and what I don't like.

Harem/Reverse Harem
Because they've done nothing but pissed me off. I don't think I'll ever watch harem anime ever again. And it annoyed me to no end if an anime I'm watching have harem element in it. It's a TOTAL turn off for me.

Ecchi
At least the ecchi focused one. I see no point in watching it. I find them boring and the lewd jokes unfunny. I can still tolerate some that is only a subgenre.

Slice of Life/CGDCT
It simply bores me.

I'm also not a fan of romance/drama/comedy focused anime, but I can still watch them if I'm in the mood.

I understand the hate for harems and ecchi. Hell, I agree with all the vriticism. But I think are legitimately good harem/ecchis out there: Highschool DxD, Monster Musume. They have really likeable characters, steamy fanservice, and DXD has a legit plot.
Jun 3, 2019 6:10 PM

Sep 2018
I realized that I didnt like cute girls doing cute things shows until after I watched the first few episodes of hidamari sketch. I was so bored.
Jun 4, 2019 3:21 PM

Aug 2018
Ventus_S said:
DaCraziGuy said:
CGDCT: boring, they make no sense and most characters are shallow AF. Some may be decent tho.

Idols: Same as CGDCT but even worse in every aspect and there is no redeeming qualities to them... the worst of anime imo. There is no good show of this genre imo.

Shows with an all female/male cast: most of them are just boring and they tend lack in every other aspect.

The last one is extremely biased though

Sarazainmai has a all male main casts
Many sport anime have a all male main casts
Still manage to tell an intriguing story due to how intimate those characters can get despite same gender.

There're some fantastic all female casts show too that's not about Idol or Cute girl thing.

Sometimes a different gender would just get in the way and become a needless distraction in the show (like some random romance in a sport anime, which is usually SHALLOW AND ATROCIOUS and force a couple in the end)
Sarazanmai is not all male, there are girls there that have an actual dialog. By all x gender I mean "ALL".
Jun 4, 2019 3:32 PM
Jul 2018
This is basically Prejudice: The Thread.
Jun 4, 2019 3:35 PM

Aug 2018
I can't get into shounan ai because I don't like watching dudes making out and touching other dudes.
Jun 4, 2019 3:49 PM

Aug 2018
harem, the last thing i wanna watch is a bunch of girls obsessing over the same generic, boring protagonist
Jun 6, 2019 1:06 AM
Jul 2018
Something with love triangle shit or harem, including those shitty teenage dramas and harem elements in non harem anime/manga.

Well, harem hentai is good though.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

83 by Toooooooooohru »»
4 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Apr 23

24 by hypergoob »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 3 hours ago

12 by Shrimp_Tail »»
6 minutes ago

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - 6 minutes ago

0 by Timeline_man »»
6 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - Today

36 by Jonas-K »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.