Forum Settings
Forums

Anime art style, would u say older anime has better art style, new anime style has been hurting my eyes

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 17, 2019 12:45 PM

Jan 2019
To me, Its all about the concept of the story and how well the Art Style fits it. Mugen No Juunin: Immortal looks like an older classical art style that has been done before however, Its Perfect. I wouldn't change it or use any newer or "better" art style. Even if Ufotable tried to do its art style. Ufotable has made the best Art Style in my opinion. See the Fate Stay/Night Heaven's Feel series and Prisma Illya Oath Under Snow Movie.
Nov 17, 2019 12:46 PM

Jan 2019
romagia said:
who cares about art style when old anime has less pixels

That was kinda irrelevant. They can use the same art style as animes from 30 years ago and give them more pixel density/more quality in today's day.
Nov 17, 2019 1:03 PM
Jul 2018
I tried watching the Godzilla animes and they were trash. No wonder OP is upset. Fortunately not many new anime shows have that Godzilla artstyle (or its terrible story).
Nov 17, 2019 1:46 PM

Feb 2013
Water-sama said:
romagia said:
who cares about art style when old anime has less pixels

That was kinda irrelevant. They can use the same art style as animes from 30 years ago and give them more pixel density/more quality in today's day.
it was a satirical take on people who won't watch old anime because it's 480p
Nov 17, 2019 4:27 PM

Jun 2015
well not that old 70s style but definitely late 90s 1st decade 2000s style is my fav
Nov 18, 2019 12:27 PM

Apr 2010
Old, good, all is good. But of course, some I love more and some less.

Nov 18, 2019 12:36 PM
Jul 2018
There are anime, both from the 90s, and today, that look great, or look like crap. However, I think the anime today that do look great, look noticeably more polished, thus, better than, than 90s anime that do look great.
But at the same time you could argue that's the charm of 90s anime: that rough, unpolished look that anime like the 90s Berserk anime, and Neon Genesis Evangelion have.
I haven't checked out much 90s anime, but what bothers me of so many anime today is just how corporate they look: anime like SAO, Date A Live, Highschool DxD (even though I love those last 2 shows), can't be distinguished.
Nov 19, 2019 8:39 AM

Feb 2015
Jp124 said:
Zelkiiro said:
Neither old nor new anime has a majority of my favorite art styles...unless you go way back to the 60s and 70s, anime from that time period look like shit.

They do look like shit , I've allways wanted to wacth Dragon ball z from the start but the style puts me off

It depends on the episode, some fight scenes look pretty good, like this one:

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Why do some people watch anime in 1.5x or 2x speed?

Rinrinka - 2 hours ago

14 by Paul »»
3 seconds ago

» Best official subs for og Naruto?

TheQuench - 51 minutes ago

1 by Pipbusy »»
1 minute ago

» What Will It Take for You to Quit Anime?

Dragevard - 34 minutes ago

5 by WesternSiren »»
12 minutes ago

» Does seinen anime focus on other things besides ultra manliness?

fallout45 - 10 hours ago

36 by LostSpectre »»
23 minutes ago

» What are the modern beginner-friendly Anime for each genre?

Dragevard - 1 hour ago

4 by Dragevard »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.