Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 4, 2018 1:22 PM

Dec 2014
I notice a lot of recently added recaps are for shows that are already included. Not just for this, but also for ERASED and some others I'm forgetting about right now.

Why do these take a while to get put on the site, when most recaps get added quite quickly after they air/get announced even?
Dec 5, 2018 12:16 AM

Mar 2017
Its probably just as simple as its a low priorty thing to add to the database. There's LOTS of stuff do do on MAL for staff, and adding recap episodes to the database just isn't that important to them or the users. Its honestly probably just as simple as that, not much point in overthinking it.
Kitsu - Waifu:Lilly Satou
Insert Useless Text Here
Are you a female, speak a language outside of english, and have a lot of built up anger? Then why not send me a hurtful message full of your burning hate for my existence. Leaving an english translation is optional, all hate is appreciated.
Dec 5, 2018 4:23 AM

Apr 2016
Burger-Meister said:
I notice a lot of recently added recaps are for shows that are already included. Not just for this, but also for ERASED and some others I'm forgetting about right now.

Why do these take a while to get put on the site, when most recaps get added quite quickly after they air/get announced even?

Because usually users add stuff to the database, especially for not that popular series. Also there aren't that many staff members that actually work around the Anime DB anymore afaik, so it takes ages and is a low priority anyways.
The dearer you hold a memory the more painful it becomes.

More topics from this board

» is this anywhere to be found?

Mikarin_Enjoyer - Dec 6, 2018

2 by Mikarin_Enjoyer »»
Apr 16, 2019 5:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.