Forum Settings
Forums
The Empty Box and Zeroth Maria (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 29, 2020 1:48 PM
Jan 2016
PromiseKun said:
berganda said:

I don't understand your obsession with plot twists. There are plenty of literary masterpieces without plot twists in them. The over-use of plot twists can destroy and author or artist. That's why M. Night Shyamalan's movies are made fun of often for having ridiculous plot twists or having too many, ruining an otherwise decent movie.

Ushishi's beauty is in its simplicity. And that's one of the important themes. Mushishi is brought up in philosophical discussions due to the deeper meaning behind its simple images. In Japan, Mushishi is regarded as a masterpiece. So yes, I rated it a 10.

i will be straight as possible,for many people including myself hakumari has comforted us in distress but such imprudence has hurt people's beliefs
im really surprised that how you are clam even after hatreds send from people for that review
and it was worst possible rant/rev I have ever other than ousama game rev.,it was underrated

kimi wa nihonjin nano, honto des ka? shinjirarenai

別に信じなくても俺は平気ですけど

Sorry, I am having a difficult time understanding your english. But I think you like it because it was with you during a sad time? I think your feelings for it aren't exactly from a "fair" point of view. You have very strong feelings due to your relation with it and therefore see it as far better than it really is.
Apr 16, 2020 10:39 AM
Jun 2016
berganda said:
PromiseKun said:

i will be straight as possible,for many people including myself hakumari has comforted us in distress but such imprudence has hurt people's beliefs
im really surprised that how you are clam even after hatreds send from people for that review
and it was worst possible rant/rev I have ever other than ousama game rev.,it was underrated

kimi wa nihonjin nano, honto des ka? shinjirarenai

別に信じなくても俺は平気ですけど

Sorry, I am having a difficult time understanding your english. But I think you like it because it was with you during a sad time? I think your feelings for it aren't exactly from a "fair" point of view. You have very strong feelings due to your relation with it and therefore see it as far better than it really is.

Hey, impressed there to see a Japanese speaking first-rate English, and also knowing sensible argumentation! But, don't you think rating 1 is a bit too cruel? 😅 I guess you're among those highly calculative people, who're able to predict the resolution of most of the mysteries, hence don't enjoy it... BTW, there's another thing I wanted to ask why Japanese, in general, suck at English? 😅
Apr 16, 2020 4:15 PM
Jan 2016
TheAceofFuture said:
berganda said:

別に信じなくても俺は平気ですけど

Hey, impressed there to see a Japanese speaking first-rate English, and also knowing sensible argumentation! But, don't you think rating 1 is a bit too cruel? 😅 I guess you're among those highly calculative people, who're able to predict the resolution of most of the mysteries, hence don't enjoy it... BTW, there's another thing I wanted to ask why Japanese, in general, suck at English? 😅

It wasn't that I expected anything. It was more that it was kinda confusing, and I thought it would go somewhere interesting. But it kept being very convenient for characters.
May 10, 2020 9:51 AM
Oct 2018
berganda said:

I don't understand your obsession with plot twists. There are plenty of literary masterpieces without plot twists in them. The over-use of plot twists can destroy and author or artist. That's why M. Night Shyamalan's movies are made fun of often for having ridiculous plot twists or having too many, ruining an otherwise decent movie.

Ushishi's beauty is in its simplicity. And that's one of the important themes. Mushishi is brought up in philosophical discussions due to the deeper meaning behind its simple images. In Japan, Mushishi is regarded as a masterpiece. So yes, I rated it a 10.

It isn't "my obsession with plot twists". It is you who critiqued the work based on its plot while giving low votes to all stories with decent plot-twists in them and rating highly the stories without any decent plot whatsoever. What does it mean? That for some reason you are just not enjoying the stories with a complex plot, you don't get it for whatever reason. You aren't even critiquing the novel in your comment, but you critique all "plot-based" stories that aren't about pulling random things out of their asses. If a story is realistic then it would follow a somehow predictable route. From your other reviews, I assume you only consider stories like 20th Century Boys as those that have "complex plot", but let's be honest, even if it is a good manga, but pulling out plot twists that can't be predicted logically and bringing up random characters out of nowhere - isn't the best way to tell a complex story. A more engaging way to do it is exactly as you described Hakomari - tricking the reader into assuming the wrong answer. This is the case for Death Note and Code Geass as well. They give you hints so that you could find the right answer by yourself. It is how you traditionally do any story with a mystery in it and Hakomari does it perfectly. It gives you the hints, but unless you are a psychic, you wouldn't be able to guess the answer with 100% certainty.
May 10, 2020 5:54 PM
Jan 2016
MyOwnGod said:
berganda said:

It isn't "my obsession with plot twists". It is you who critiqued the work based on its plot while giving low votes to all stories with decent plot-twists in them and rating highly the stories without any decent plot whatsoever. What does it mean? That for some reason you are just not enjoying the stories with a complex plot, you don't get it for whatever reason. You aren't even critiquing the novel in your comment, but you critique all "plot-based" stories that aren't about pulling random things out of their asses. If a story is realistic then it would follow a somehow predictable route. From your other reviews, I assume you only consider stories like 20th Century Boys as those that have "complex plot", but let's be honest, even if it is a good manga, but pulling out plot twists that can't be predicted logically and bringing up random characters out of nowhere - isn't the best way to tell a complex story. A more engaging way to do it is exactly as you described Hakomari - tricking the reader into assuming the wrong answer. This is the case for Death Note and Code Geass as well. They give you hints so that you could find the right answer by yourself. It is how you traditionally do any story with a mystery in it and Hakomari does it perfectly. It gives you the hints, but unless you are a psychic, you wouldn't be able to guess the answer with 100% certainty.
Dude, all you keep saying is "plot twists are everything". Move on man.
May 28, 2020 11:35 PM

May 2018
Catalano said:
I'm positive hakomari has a lot of fake accounts who scored it 10. It's just that math did its toll, in the past only people who loved hakomari read it and scored it high, after it became more popular some readers weren't that impressed and scored it rather low.

How do you know there are fake accounts voting?
I mean, is theer a way to get a listed of the users that voted, for example, for that particular manga and what score did they give it?
May 28, 2020 11:44 PM

Oct 2010
FutureTango said:
Catalano said:
I'm positive hakomari has a lot of fake accounts who scored it 10. It's just that math did its toll, in the past only people who loved hakomari read it and scored it high, after it became more popular some readers weren't that impressed and scored it rather low.

I mean, is theer a way to get a listed of the users that voted, for example, for that particular manga and what score did they give it?

Go to its mal page and check the users who scored it 10 and 1 at stats, you can see all users. Some of them are clearly bots.
Jun 1, 2020 3:13 AM

Jul 2016
Catalano said:
FutureTango said:

Go to its mal page and check the users who scored it 10 and 1 at stats, you can see all users. Some of them are clearly bots.
i scored it 10 so im a bot?

Jun 1, 2020 4:53 AM

Nov 2019
chriskor022 said:

Catalano said:

Some of them are clearly bots.

some
/səm/
determiner
an unspecified amount or number of.
"I made some money running errands"
used to refer to someone or something that is unknown or unspecified.
"I was talking to some journalist the other day"
sneed's feed and seed
formerly chuck's
Jun 1, 2020 10:33 AM

Jul 2016
PraiseTheSun123 said:
chriskor022 said:

Catalano said:

Some of them are clearly bots.

some
/səm/
determiner
an unspecified amount or number of.
"I made some money running errands"
used to refer to someone or something that is unknown or unspecified.
"I was talking to some journalist the other day"
but you never know what he means. And he generalizing much.

Jul 25, 2020 5:56 PM
Feb 2020
Note: they did the same to Fma 2003 tho
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Volume 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

TheHollowShrine - Jul 7, 2015

253 by Alvie48xi »»
Feb 26, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Volume 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

RadiGen - Sep 3, 2013

79 by Alvie48xi »»
Feb 24, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Volume 5 Discussion

RadiGen - Sep 3, 2013

37 by Alvie48xi »»
Feb 23, 8:16 AM

» The missing volumes

Perfectrockstar - Jul 4, 2021

4 by EmrysTatari »»
Feb 8, 1:36 PM

» Anime Adaptation possibility?

DarkHumor04 - Jan 11, 2022

14 by Hikool101 »»
Nov 20, 2023 9:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.