Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 16, 2018 8:27 PM

Mar 2017
Fantasy is a genre of fiction set in a fictional universe, often without any locations, events, or people referencing the real world.

Most fantasy uses magic or other supernatural elements as a main plot element, theme, or setting. Magic and magical creatures are common in many of these worlds. Fantasy is a subgenre of speculative fiction and is distinguished from the genres of science fiction and horror by the absence of scientific or macabre themes respectively, though these genres overlap.

So I was wondering, I don't see any such stuffs in this show. So how come it has Fantasy as it's genre?
Mar 17, 2018 7:37 AM
Feb 2018
fantasy can be meaning that the plot and the setting of story is fictive ( you can see the place, country, languange, and words in that anime is not real)
Mar 17, 2018 2:10 PM
Jun 2017
First of all, sorry if i make any grammar mistakes.

Fantasy equals fiction with fantastic elements. These elements may vary from the world itself, the beings that inhabit or simply the way the story is told. You don't need dragons and goblins and fireballs and wizards and faeries and elfs to make fantasy.

In fact, you can have a fantasy story set in our world WITHOUTH these. It's all on the storytelling.

This show, as it is mostly episodic, use a lot of classic tropes on literature fantasy in the way it handle interactions. All of these episodes start with exposition on events and characters; go onto developing their goals and conflicts while hinting on how Violet can help them overcome these conflicts; create a issue regarding Violet's presence and it's connection with the character's conflicts, wich leads to the climax, a resolution put together by Violet and the characters while she learns something new about her own feelings and emotions (her own conflict).

That's fantasy.
Apr 5, 2018 9:52 AM
Mar 2014
bolt action rifles and prosthetic hands actuated enough to manage type writer that operate seemingly without energy source?

I'd call that fantasy. To be fair I would prefer calling it Fiction and having the Fantasy term in MAL genres turned to "Swords&Magic"-Fantasy but *shrug*

More topics from this board

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2018

619 by NubFix »»
May 2, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2018

319 by NubFix »»
May 2, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2018

244 by _Anime-Lover-44_ »»
Apr 15, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2018

422 by TabbyPog »»
Apr 5, 2:36 PM

» Do you love Violet Evergarden? ( 1 2 )

Stacias - Jul 19, 2022

90 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 5, 4:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.