Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 10, 2020 3:01 PM

May 2016
Bakemonogatari is pretty much the setup arc.

It introduces the characters and what they're about, like pieces in a shogi match. Then you get to see how they move or have moved (cuz prequels) in the following arcs.

- And finally the issue which irked me the most, male MC is an absolute Mary Sue cuck who gets the shit beaten out of him like five times in the course of the anime, and is an effective damsel, getting himself saved by either a small child or his girlfriend. This issue is compounded when the anime brings in a lesbo side character who effectively makes Koyomi her bitch. Absolute trash.

I'll never understand this though. This notion that not being some strong fighter dude that can kick ass means you're a bad protagonist or even character. This mindset seems very juvenile to me.
HyperLNov 10, 2020 3:11 PM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Nov 23, 2020 10:01 AM

Mar 2017
So many triggered fans here thinking everyone should like this show lmao
Dec 6, 2020 4:27 PM

Apr 2019
FpsArena said:

Pretty much every fans here say that it's just not for everyone though. The triggered ones are the non fans calling it "dumb" or "intelligent wanabe" just because they don't want to admit that a good show can be out of their grasp, just like another one could as well be out of mine.
Jan 2, 2021 9:10 AM

Feb 2020
I don’t like it at all it sucks
i am shoebill
Jan 2, 2021 5:20 PM

Nov 2019
Akumace1 said:

Looking through your list, you REALLY like K-On, Sword Art Online, Dragon Maid, Darling in the Franxx, and a bunch of other shows that are drastically different from Monogatari in terms of their characters and execution. It seems to me you prefer a more typical style of drama in shows as well as a lot of slice of life or feel-good stuff, it would make sense that you wouldn't like this show, it's very unconventional compared to a lot of your 10s and 9s which are pretty much traditional formulas that don't try to be different
I guess this is where we're at now.
Jan 3, 2021 4:12 AM

Feb 2020
TitaniumStar said:
Akumace1 said:

Looking through your list, you REALLY like K-On, Sword Art Online, Dragon Maid, Darling in the Franxx, and a bunch of other shows that are drastically different from Monogatari in terms of their characters and execution. It seems to me you prefer a more typical style of drama in shows as well as a lot of slice of life or feel-good stuff, it would make sense that you wouldn't like this show, it's very unconventional compared to a lot of your 10s and 9s which are pretty much traditional formulas that don't try to be different

Whatever man. I’m a typical person who likes typical things. I’m not much of a big brain guy like you if I see a big brain show I will probably hate it. If I see a show pandering towards stupid people I will probably enjoy that more.
i am shoebill
Jan 3, 2021 6:32 AM

Nov 2019
Akumace1 said:
TitaniumStar said:

Whatever man. I’m a typical person who likes typical things. I’m not much of a big brain guy like you if I see a big brain show I will probably hate it. If I see a show pandering towards stupid people I will probably enjoy that more.

I mean, there's nothing wrong with liking "stupid" shows, and I wouldn't go as far to say that about any of those shows or say Monogatari is for people with the biggest of brains. It all just comes down to individual taste at that point
I guess this is where we're at now.
Jan 4, 2021 1:28 AM
Jun 2020
How did I know this guy gave MHA a 10
Mar 19, 2021 6:56 AM
Aug 2020
Pyth79 said:
FpsArena said:

Pretty much every fans here say that it's just not for everyone though. The triggered ones are the non fans calling it "dumb" or "intelligent wanabe" just because they don't want to admit that a good show can be out of their grasp, just like another one could as well be out of mine.

Doesn't help when some fans excuses people not liking it as "not getting it" or something like that. Much like your comment which showcases you as a pseudo intellectual. Because guess what? Liking an anime doesn't make you smart and it's sad to think otherwise. On the topic of triggering most of the time I find stuff like this annoying more then anything. So if that's what the standard for triggering is then whatever that's a pretty low bar to set.

You and most other aren't saying anything about what makes that show interesting or well written but just that other people "can't comprehend it" but frankly I don't think there is anything to comprehend since most of it is plain ole exposition gibberish akin to Kingdom Hearts writing with the fanbase like Rick and Morty which I guess is largely in part to it's popularity more then anything.

Usually I'm all in favor of leaving fans to things they like but when they start getting judgemental and superior then I feel it justified to call them out as well as being more critical of the show that is boasted to requiring some kind of advanced intellect to understand. Again, enjoying it? Fair enough. Smarter? Fuck off.

So to summarize, bite me fanboy.
Firebind2Mar 19, 2021 7:56 AM
Mar 19, 2021 10:04 AM

Apr 2019
Firebind2 said:
Pyth79 said:

Doesn't help when some fans excuses people not liking it as "not getting it" or something like that. Much like your comment which showcases you as a pseudo intellectual. Because guess what? Liking an anime doesn't make you smart and it's sad to think otherwise. On the topic of triggering most of the time I find stuff like this annoying more then anything. So if that's what the standard for triggering is then whatever that's a pretty low bar to set.

You and most other aren't saying anything about what makes that show interesting or well written but just that other people "can't comprehend it" but frankly I don't think there is anything to comprehend since most of it is plain ole exposition gibberish akin to Kingdom Hearts writing with the fanbase like Rick and Morty which I guess is largely in part to it's popularity more then anything.

Usually I'm all in favor of leaving fans to things they like but when they start getting judgemental and superior then I feel it justified to call them out as well as being more critical of the show that is boasted to requiring some kind of advanced intellect to understand. Again, enjoying it? Fair enough. Smarter? Fuck off.

So to summarize, bite me fanboy.

It's pretty clear in my comment I do not think I'm more intelligent than others, though. Hence why I say that others (You included) surely understand some other shows better than me.
However, those who call it "intelligent wanabee" consider that if they do not understand the show, then it has no true meaning and is just mental masturbation, because they are so intelligent that if there was a meaning they would obviously get it.
Yes it is really well written from a language point of view, and that sometimes gets lost in translation (not that every fan knows Japanese, of course, there are other reasons to like the show) and the order of the series is pretty strange, making a lot of things, which are explained later in the story, seem like plot holes.

So to summarize, my comment was clearly not intended to every people who do not like the show, whether they don't like the comedy or visuals or music, but to the ones justifying that they don't like it by saying it is "not as intelligent as it thinks", meanwhile they don't even read the shitload of articles explaining cultural or language aspects surrounding the series they might just not know about.
Mar 19, 2021 11:32 AM
Aug 2020
Oh, the other thing too is that Monogatari as a series just loves to use abstract metaphors as well. Which I presume is why some fans think other people don't "get" their pretentious and convoluted mess of a show.
Firebind2Mar 19, 2021 11:44 AM
Mar 19, 2021 11:36 AM
Jul 2018
Because they have good taste.
Mar 19, 2021 11:40 AM
Aug 2020
irishmonk said:

By your own standards.
Mar 19, 2021 11:44 AM
Jul 2018
Firebind2 said:
irishmonk said:

By your own standards.

ok, i respect everyone's opinion so ok.
Mar 19, 2021 11:46 AM
Aug 2020
irishmonk said:
Firebind2 said:

By your own standards.

Well by insinuating that liking Monogatari = Good Taste then not likening it is implying to be in bad taste. Which again, is by your own standards.

So, lol.
Mar 19, 2021 11:47 AM
Jul 2018
Firebind2 said:
irishmonk said:

Well by insinuating that liking Monogatari = Good Taste then not likening it is bad taste. Which again, is by your own standards

So, lol.

yea, it was a joke...
Mar 19, 2021 11:51 AM
Aug 2020
irishmonk said:
Firebind2 said:

Well by insinuating that liking Monogatari = Good Taste then not likening it is bad taste. Which again, is by your own standards

So, lol.

yea, it was a joke...

A pretty poor one in my opinion.
Mar 19, 2021 11:58 AM
Jul 2018
Firebind2 said:
irishmonk said:

yea, it was a joke...

yea, thats why i am the most awkward person to talk to irl
Mar 19, 2021 12:00 PM
Aug 2020
irishmonk said:
Firebind2 said:

Well at least you aren't embittered like me. Oh well, at least you tried to have a sense of humor.
Mar 19, 2021 12:03 PM
Jul 2018
Firebind2 said:
irishmonk said:

Well at least you aren't embittered like me. Oh well, at least you tried to have a sense of humor.

i try but never learn from my failures tho...
Mar 19, 2021 12:05 PM
Aug 2020
irishmonk said:
Firebind2 said:

Frankly it's one of those whatever sort of things. Tell a bad joke? Eh whatever doesn't hurt anyone.
Mar 19, 2021 12:09 PM
Jul 2018
Firebind2 said:
irishmonk said:

Frankly it's one of those whatever sort of things. Tell a bad joke? Eh whatever doesn't hurt anyone.
\
you wanna know how many years I have been thinking of that joke attempt 4 years ago with my classmate's parents when it was her birthday and how i weirded everyone out?
Mar 26, 2021 6:15 AM
Jan 2021
I understand why you hate this because it's kind of hard to understand what's good about this show yes when i watch this when im still new to the anime i really don't understand why this is beloved by so many and i rewatch this just a week ago and my thought is my god this is actually amazing i don't know why i didn't love this show when i first watch this i feel stupid but my god the dialog in this show is probably the best one you can find in anime so if you're still new to the anime i don't recommend watching this because it's kinda have a weird pacing hard to follow dialog but for me 9/10...
Apr 7, 2021 3:25 PM

Jun 2020
It’s an edgy cult favourite & people will defend it to death.

I myself am struggling with this series. Can’t believe I’ll put myself thru e v e r y t h i n g I’m hanging on by that glimmer of hope that I’ll change my mind by the end of it all. It’s so exhausting to watch. But in a good way.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Apr 10, 2021 4:17 PM
Master Otaku

Mar 2009
I've seen way too many anime, with numerous styles, pacing, genres, characters, etc... This anime is a niche, I feel like it has a similar mystery type style like Steins;Gate...but fails immensely. I was intrigued the first couple episodes, however it has since gone stale. Overrated.
- Justin T. Poindexter
Apr 11, 2021 11:47 PM
May 2020
Hello, my name is Lazulite and I’m here to fight yesterday’s battles!

In regard to the OP’s points:

- The show’s pacing is nowhere near bad, it was adapted from a light novel and already cut many conversations, explanations, and inner monologue so that it was easier to put into an anime. It goes neither too fast nor too slow, it isn’t rushed in any way, nor does it drag on for too long.

- The side characters are not only developed in bake, which is to say they are given distinct personalities, likes, dislikes, goals, dreams, backstories, and everything and anything that makes them distinct and memorable, they are also developed throughout the rest of the ~ 100 or so episode long series.

- The walls of text are both stylistic, and excerpts from the novel, they serve a purpose and it’s your problem if you dislike them.

- Each character’s backstory is in no way shallow, they clearly explain and define the way characters act (e.g. Hanekawa works to be a perfect student and class president because she’s grown up living with a complicated, confusing, and detached home and family life. She can’t change her past, so she works to brighten the everyday life she can change).

- Monogatari, by definition is an example that “show don’t tell” isn’t the be-all end-all of visual storytelling, and as a further result the exposition isn’t bad or even remotely out of place.

- Irrelevant.

- None of the central characters are introduced and forgotten, the novel was written as five (somewhat separate) short stories focusing on each girl of the specified arc, it was originally a hobby project, and just because a character isn’t in a certain arc doesn’t mean they were forgotten.

- The insight is either clear as day, or inferential throughout the series as a whole. Kanbaru tries to kill Araragi because she wished upon the rainy devil that she wanted to be with Senjougahra, the rainy devil carried out her wish by trying to kill him. The rainy devil works where it’ll grant wishes, but on the flip side of the coin —“How to be with Senjougahara? Kill Araragi.” That is both Kanbaru’s subconscious wish, and the flip side of the rainy devil’s contract.

- Irrelevant.

- Koyomi’s backstory is explained in Kizumonogatari and Owarimonogatari.

- Irrelevant.

- Araragi isn’t a mary sue, if he was a mary sue he’d win every fight he got into like most generic op protagonists. Losing fights is the point —he’s meant to be a mostly average high school student, it makes a hell of a lot more sense that Senjougahara would save him from Kanbaru, he had no chance of winning to begin with. Which leads to Kanbaru not killing Senjougahara because the rainy devil won’t break the contract and other obvious reasons.

This was obviously mostly for myself, but in the end to anyone who bothers reading this, it’s not an overly complicated show it’s just not as straightforward as most.
Apr 12, 2021 3:35 AM
Aug 2020
Lazulite said:

This was obviously mostly for myself, but in the end to anyone who bothers reading this, it’s not an overly complicated show it’s just not as straightforward as most.

Lol, gotta fight a battle. You aren't a warrior just another person with an opinion on the internet.

Nah, it's a shitty and pretentious show with a fanbase to match and your opinion mostly comes down to "I disagree" and "I like the show".
Firebind2Apr 12, 2021 3:40 AM
Apr 12, 2021 3:45 AM
May 2020
Firebind2 said:
Lazulite said:

Lol, gotta fight a battle. You aren't a warrior just another person with an opinion on the internet.

Nah, it's a shitty and pretentious show with a fanbase to match and your opinion mostly comes down to "I disagree" and "I like the show".

I called it fighting yesterday's battles because it's a thread from 2018, it has nothing to do with being a warrior.

Also, are you going to make an actual argument or just regurgitate the same thing you said multiple times over?
Apr 12, 2021 3:50 AM
Aug 2020
Lazulite said:
Firebind2 said:

I called it fighting yesterday's battles because it's a thread from 2018, it has nothing to do with being a warrior.

Also, are you going to make an actual argument or just regurgitate the same thing you said multiple times over?

Yep, and still felt the need to engage it. Gotta defend that show.

And I don't care to make an argument in this case. Already made my stance on it and I doubt I would convince some fanboy who is fighting to defend a show 2 years later.. Which speaking nof regurgitating, your argument did make me puke a little from the lack of self awareness because your argument has already been spouted and frankly, I disagree.

Can't say much about the fans that can't be said about hemorrhoids.
Apr 12, 2021 3:52 AM
Nov 2020
Large assortment of fetishes.

tsundere
loli
vampire
catgirl
little sisters

etc.

It's all about fanservice.
Apr 12, 2021 3:58 AM
May 2020
Firebind2 said:
Lazulite said:

And I don't care to make an argument in this case. Already made my stance on it and I doubt I would convince some fanboy who is fighting to defend a show 2 years later.. Which speaking nof regurgitating, your argument did make me puke a little from the lack of self awareness because your argument has already been spouted and frankly, I disagree.

Ok? You still felt the need to attack it lmao

"I don't care to make an argument in this case" = I clearly don't have one.
Apr 12, 2021 4:06 AM
Aug 2020
Lazulite said:
Firebind2 said:

Ok? You still felt the need to attack it lmao

"I don't care to make an argument in this case" = I clearly don't have one.

Actually I find it cathartic. The shows already successful and has en established (shitty) fanbase. So it isn't as though criticism and mockery is going to damage it. Not that fanboys such as yourself seem to comprehend.

Don't really have to. Already made my points against arguments such as yours as well as other people making similar points and this only reinforced my point of feeling unable being able to make any conversations with fanboys such as yourself. Especially when their don't understand the basics of a subjective opinion.

And personally I don't want to argue with someone who'll fight a 2 year old battle for an old show because some mean people said some mean things about it. That person has probably nothing better to do in his life.
Apr 16, 2021 2:14 AM
Aug 2020
Many people like it because it's the greatest anime of all time.
Apr 16, 2021 3:23 AM
Aug 2020
Prajold said:

If you are thirteen and think Kingdom Hearts has good writing.
Apr 16, 2021 11:10 AM
Jul 2018
Firebind2 said:
Prajold said:

Why is the only entry in your anime list Bakemonogatari? You should give it a try again. It's my 2nd time and I questioned about how I didn't enjoy this on my first watch. Shit's pretty good.
Apr 16, 2021 11:26 AM
Aug 2020
alotlikecars said:
Firebind2 said:

Why is the only entry in your anime list Bakemonogatari? You should give it a try again. It's my 2nd time and I questioned about how I didn't enjoy this on my first watch. Shit's pretty good.

If you wanna know? 2 reasons.

(1) Because I watched disliked it and the majority of the fanbase. So figured it only made sense to do so. Mostly as a dig.

(2) I know alot of anime fans tend to also judge people by tastes. Especially if the person doesn't like the same toy.

With that out of the way. I might give it a second shot since you don't seem to be be a dick about it and enjoy the show.

But any particular tips for me to enjoy this? Or anything to look forward to? Maybe a particular fun character or intersting arc? Because currently I find the characters boring and the story full of pointless exposition.
Apr 16, 2021 12:01 PM
Jan 2020
Firebind2 said:
alotlikecars said:

(1) Because I watched disliked it and the majority of the fanbase. So figured it only made sense to do so. Mostly as a dig.

(2) I know alot of anime fans tend to also judge people by tastes. Especially if the person doesn't like the same toy.

With that out of the way. I might give it a second shot since you don't seem to be be a dick about it and enjoy the show.

But any particular tips for me to enjoy this? Or anything to look forward to? Maybe a particular fun character or intersting arc? Because currently I find the characters boring and the story full of pointless exposition.
Bro, 2 things
1-You are the most toxic in this thread
2-The quality of something has nothing to do with it´s fanbase
There´s not really a tip to watch the show unless if you want to learn japanese(lol) since this anime has a lot of wordplays that cannot be translated, I would say to watch the first 3 arcs of this season, if you like it, go ahead, I personally disliked it until the end of the second arc, but after that I got hooked, because I loved that conclusion, about your critics, yeah, the characters didn´t have time to develop yet and like I said I disliked the show at the beggining, and one of the reasons was Hachikuji......Well, my opinion about her just like my opinion about the show changed after her arc. About the exposition, I clearly don´t get it, I mean, could you predict the conclusion of Hachikuji´s arc? It was a surprise to me, sure it gets some exposition at the end of each arc, but it is to explain what is happening and I love how the shows give tips so we can try to understand what´s going on, but still manages to surprise me with a conclusion that not only makes sense with the tips given, but it´s also one that I was not expecting, sure some arcs are worse than others and at least half of them didn´t give me this experience, but the best ones did.
Apr 16, 2021 1:15 PM
Jul 2018
Firebind2 said:
alotlikecars said:

Just sit back and watch it. You don't particularly need to look forward to anything. Don't deal with other stuff while watching it, make sure that you're focused.

Full screen, try not to question it too much, and focus on the dialogue. Dialogue should be your first and foremost focus and visuals second. Try to not compare it to other anime because I think this is really unique and well done. (this is coming from someone who tried to watch this a while ago and thought it was trash)

Also keep in mind that this was adapted from a light novel so there's a lot of substance behind it, considering the descriptive nature of that medium. Even when you finish Bakemonogatari, what you're seeing is just a small part of the picture, from what I've heard the sequels take the whole thing much more deeper.

If you go into it expecting something like Serial Experiments Lain -which I actually think doesn't have enough of a narrative compared to its spiritual predecessor Texhnolyze- or even just something fun and striking like JoJo, you'd be disappointed because this anime isn't like your normal anime.

I think I'd be able to guess better if I knew your taste but I enjoyed all of the Bakemonogatari, especially EP 13 was very good. The 2nd arc wasn't my favorite in the beginning (starts in the 5th episode, at which you dropped it), but towards the end it became so relatable that I almost wanted to stop watching it, yeah, I wanted to stop watching it because it was so relatable and hit too close to home, not because it was bad.

If you want my advice, if you want to know if you would enjoy it, which I think you would because it's pretty good, at least finish Bakemonogatari. It's only 15 EPs. Let's see if you dislike it then too.
removed-userApr 16, 2021 1:19 PM
Apr 16, 2021 1:26 PM
Aug 2020
JVFE said:
Firebind2 said:

Bro, 2 things
There´s not really a tip to watch the show unless if you want to learn japanese(lol) since this anime has a lot of wordplays that cannot be translated, I would say to watch the first 3 arcs of this season, if you like it, go ahead, I personally disliked it until the end of the second arc, but after that I got hooked, because I loved that conclusion, about your critics, yeah, the characters didn´t have time to develop yet and like I said I disliked the show at the beggining, and one of the reasons was Hachikuji......Well, my opinion about her just like my opinion about the show changed after her arc. About the exposition, I clearly don´t get it, I mean, could you predict the conclusion of Hachikuji´s arc? It was a surprise to me, sure it gets some exposition at the end of each arc, but it is to explain what is happening and I love how the shows give tips so we can try to understand what´s going on, but still manages to surprise me with a conclusion that not only makes sense with the tips given, but it´s also one that I was not expecting, sure some arcs are worse than others and at least half of them didn´t give me this experience, but the best ones did.

(1) Maybe if you enjoy the show and hate what I say. If not then lol, fuck off with that. Plus it's arguments like this that actually make me dislike the fanbase. So go back to watching your garbage with your death cult. I however will probably go back into bitching about the obnoxious fanbase.

(2) Yes, yes it does. It affects enjoyment.for other people enjoyment and gives it an unrealistic expectation and hype. You are either ignorant or just plain dumb to assume otherwise.

If I wanted to learn Japanese. I would take a language class. If I wanted to be entertained I would watch a TV show but on that note with your comments especially the whole laughable being a Japanese language course and work on top of it since you have to struggle to get to something good which as you know is good writing. I think I just lost interest in continuing to watch it, nice work.
Firebind2Apr 16, 2021 1:30 PM
Apr 16, 2021 1:29 PM

Oct 2020
It's my favorite. The best i've seen. I love everything about it. If you're unable to appreaciate it , it's a shame , but it's okay , we all have different taste
Apr 16, 2021 1:32 PM
Aug 2020
Ikkun_ said:
It's my favorite. The best i've seen. I love everything about it. If you're unable to appreaciate it , it's a shame , but it's okay , we all have different taste

More power to you. I'm glad you can enjoy it. I however struggle to enjoy it.
Apr 16, 2021 1:34 PM
Jan 2020
Firebind2 said:
JVFE said:
Bro, 2 things

(1) Maybe if you enjoy the show and hate what I say. If not then lol, fuck off with that. Plus it's arguments like this that actually make me dislike the fanbase. So go back to watching your garbage with your death cult.

(2) Yes, yes it does. It affects enjoyment.for other people enjoyment and gives it an unrealistic expectation and hype. You are either ignorant or just plain dumb to assume otherwise.

If I wanted to learn Japanese. I would take a language class. If I wanted to be entertained I would watch a TV show but on that note with your comments especially the whole laughable being a Japanese language course. I think I just lost interest in continuing to watch it, nice work.
You don´t know how to talk, do you? How could a fanbase affect your enjoyment? You know that you can like just watch it without needing to go to foruns and interact with other people? And like I said, I see nobody being an asshole here with the exception of you, I didn´t hate what you say, I was actually trying to help you and I don´t care if you hate the show, bruh I literally just recommended you to watch 3 arcs and you were asking for tips, learning japanese was clearly a joke, I even put a lol at it, don´t act like a stupid.
Apr 16, 2021 1:44 PM
Jul 2018
While I think that an anime's targeted audience and the audience it appealed to in the end can tell us a lot about the anime itself, I don't think it would be correct to judge the anime based on that, but I also accept that there are some correlations on the side.

Think of it in terms of music, pop music is music that is created to appeal to people, but it doesn't mean that it's bad or it can't be good, although it may not be someone's preference if they deliberately prefer to consume more complex and layered media.
Apr 16, 2021 1:45 PM
Aug 2020
JVFE said:
Firebind2 said:

(1) Maybe if you enjoy the show and hate what I say. If not then lol, fuck off with that. Plus it's arguments like this that actually make me dislike the fanbase. So go back to watching your garbage with your death cult.

If I wanted to learn Japanese. I would take a language class. If I wanted to be entertained I would watch a TV show but on that note with your comments especially the whole laughable being a Japanese language course. I think I just lost interest in continuing to watch it, nice work.
You don´t know how to talk, do you? How could a fanbase affect your enjoyment? You know that you can like just watch it without needing to go to foruns and interact with other people? And like I said, I see nobody being an asshole here with the exception of you, I didn´t hate what you say, I was actually trying to help you and I don´t care if you hate the show, bruh I literally just recommended you to watch 3 arcs and you were asking for tips, learning japanese was clearly a joke, I even put a lol at it, don´t act like a stupid.

Clearly you don't what "hype" does to a show and what fans do by association. Why do you think people make fun of Rick and Morty Fans? Guarantee you people who see toxic fans don't think "I should watch this show."
Uh-huh, neither do you? So why did you click on this forum thread? Also no, you arr an ass to an asshole and a fanboy to me. Your "help" only reinforces my notion that Monogatari fans are mostly assholes and reinforce the other guy who said you fans are part of an edgy death cult amd I'm sure you don't which is why you are going onto threads talking asking "why people like this show?" Because you don't care and you recommended them after making some digs as the shitty fans tend to do. I was intending to watch it until you ran your metaphorical mouth. So you again your help was counter productive and frankly hard to tell if it's a joke or not especially online. Plus currently the show does feel like a lecture so obviously your joke is a more apt comparison anyway. So get better at making arguments or better yet, shut up because obviously you are a hinderence and a shitty promoter.
Firebind2Apr 16, 2021 1:48 PM
Apr 16, 2021 1:51 PM
Jan 2020
alotlikecars said:
While I think that an anime's targeted audience and the audience it appealed to in the end can tell us a lot about the anime itself, I don't think it would be correct to judge the anime based on that, but I also accept that there are some correlations on the side.

Think of it in terms of music, pop music is music that is created to appeal to people, but it doesn't mean that it's bad or it can't be good, although it may not be someone's preference if they deliberately prefer to consume more complex and layered media.
That logic is pretty flawed, if that was the case, then AOT is the worst piece of fiction ever created, every community has it´s toxic side, going to foruns and making threads like this is basically calling toxic fanboys, but ironically this firebind2 guy is the most toxic here.
Apr 16, 2021 1:53 PM
Jan 2020
Firebind2 said:
JVFE said:

Clearly you don't what "hype" does to a show and what fans do by association. Why do you think people make fun of Rick and Morty Fans? Guarantee you people who see toxic fans don't think "I should watch this show."
Uh-huh, neither do you? So why did you click on this forum thread? Also no, you arr an ass to an asshole and a fanboy to me. Your "help" only reinforces my notion that Monogatari fans are mostly assholes and reinforce the other guy who said you fans are part of an edgy death cult amd I'm sure you don't which is why you are going onto threads talking asking "why people like this show?" Because you don't care and you recommended them after making some digs as the shitty fans tend to do. I was intending to watch it until you ran your metaphorical mouth. So you again your help was counter productive and frankly hard to tell if it's a joke or not especially online. Plus currently the show does feel like a lecture so obviously your joke is a more apt comparison anyway. So get better at making arguments or better yet, shut up because obviously you are a hinderence and a shitty promoter.
What arguments dude? Somebody def hurt you, this is the third and last time, you asked for tips and I recommended to watch the first 3 arcs, don´t know how I was toxic to you by any means, but whatever you think.
Apr 16, 2021 1:55 PM
Aug 2020
alotlikecars said:

Like I said, I think a good show is something enjoyable from start to finish. If anything I am usually more inverted on this. If I find something enjoyable at the beginning even if it turns bland or unlikable later I will most likely be more invested.

Personally, I'm just more pissed seeing fans of the show being defensive and getting mad when people say mean things about the show. The other thing that bothers me is the people who claim toxicity are just as toxic.

I believe one person summarized it best when he/she came "to fight a two year old battle"
Apr 16, 2021 1:58 PM
Aug 2020
JVFE said:
alotlikecars said:

That logic is pretty flawed, if that was the case, then AOT is the worst piece of fiction ever created, every community has it´s toxic side, going to foruns and making threads like this is basically calling toxic fanboys, but ironically this firebind2 guy is the most toxic here.

Which gets dipshits like you to blindly defend your favorite toy. So bite me or better yet fuck off. Because apparently you can only hear positive shit.
Apr 16, 2021 2:00 PM
Jul 2018
JVFE said:
alotlikecars said:

I mean, I said that it would be wrong to judge the anime based on that.
Apr 16, 2021 2:01 PM
Jan 2020
Firebind2 said:
JVFE said:

Which gets dipshits like you to blindly defend your favorite toy. So bite me or better yet fuck off. Because apparently you can only hear positive shit.
I didn´t know that recommending three arcs to someone who asked for tips is toxic, sorry, next time I want to help someone I will go to a forum where nobody asked for help.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Renai Circulation ost

DexterDrubo - Apr 19

6 by ichinose06 »»
Today, 1:50 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 3, 2009

510 by deem0n »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

» Watch Order 2024?

GoCrayzee - Jan 27

26 by gauravb28 »»
Apr 23, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

loghneckbeard - Jun 25, 2010

518 by wimpis »»
Apr 21, 6:15 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 17, 2009

357 by kagamiiin »»
Apr 19, 7:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.