Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 11, 2017 3:51 PM

Jan 2009
Next year, we will be working on MAL Updater OS X 3.0. This will be the first major release since 2010 when I started developing MAL Updater OS X into a native macOS application. 3.0 will mark a major release with new features like video file monitoring, mass renaming tool, automatic download of episodes and Discord presence support.

While our programs are open source, it doesn’t mean that development is free. It costs money to run the servers and maintain the Apple’s Developer Program needed to access the resources to distribute applications. This is why I lock out premium features in MAL Library and plan to do the same for MAL Updater OS X with the additional features mentioned. It's because this is currently my full time job until I find another job and software development is not free. If I do not get Patreon funding, I will have to stop development in September 2018

If you like to see some of the features become free in the future, support our Patreon campaign. By donating as little as $1 a month, you can help support the development of MAL Updater OS X, MAL Library and Hachidori. You can receive a free license after contributing in total of $5 a month.

In addition, there are stretch goals. If a stretch goal is reach, I will begin work on that aspect and it will be free to everyone. If not, that aforementioned feature will be only be for people who donated.

If you are interested, head to our Patreon page. If you can’t afford monthly donations, you can still buy a one-time license for our existing applications. If you a Patreon member, you can request new features to implement. I may implement ability to detect non-legit streaming websites through editable rules for registered users and Patreon supporters if there is enough patron support.

Work on MAL Updater OS X 3.0 will start when the first goal on Patreon is reached. This post will be shared every week until there is Patrons.
chikorita157Jul 30, 2019 2:12 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Hachidori 3.2 and Shukofukurou for iOS/iPadOS 2.0 Beta and macOS is now Available

chikorita157 - Oct 1, 2019

4 by chikorita157 »»
Jan 21, 2020 7:40 AM

Sticky: » RE: Return of MyAnimeList and future of MAL Updater OS X and Shukofukurou

chikorita157 - Jul 30, 2019

1 by chikorita157 »»
Aug 23, 2019 11:01 AM

» RE: MAL Updater OS X and Shukofukurou functionality

chikorita157 - May 24, 2018

0 by chikorita157 »»
May 24, 2018 10:46 AM

» MAL Updater OS X 2.5 Alpha Now Available for Testing

chikorita157 - Apr 26, 2018

0 by chikorita157 »»
Apr 26, 2018 11:22 AM

» MAL Library 3.0 now Available for Testing

chikorita157 - Mar 19, 2018

0 by chikorita157 »»
Mar 19, 2018 11:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.