Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 2, 2017 8:30 AM

Aug 2013
You're in English drawing tickets from 3 separate jars. Each jar contains options for 1 out of 3 aspects of the writing: target audience, purpose and topic. I ended up tasked with writing a 100-200 word comedy article for postgraduate students about cacti.

Not the easiest maybe? Haha. How might you go about your task?

Share an attempt if you want. It'd be funny to hear some ideas from what you guys come up with.
Sep 2, 2017 8:43 AM

Jun 2015
Pfff, I had a linguistic study on the usage of on/at/in in relation of vehicular usage. For a GE subject, no less. I think something like a 200 word comedy article would be easier than that, demographics can be estimated anyway.
Sep 2, 2017 8:48 AM

Sep 2009
Lel freewriting assignments can be taken to much more ridiculous levels.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Sep 2, 2017 9:05 AM

Apr 2017
there once was a spiny cacti
they say he wasnt a nice guy
one day johnny
ran away from mommy
and impaled his eyes thusly
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
Sep 2, 2017 9:06 AM

Dec 2015
Write a 100-200 word homo erotica piece where various catci are inserted into guys butts.

And then claim you did it to appeal to your demographic of lonely female post-graduate students who never got a boyfriend because they were too focused on their studies so now they spend their empty nights binging on Ben & Jerry's and rubbing one in to trashy gay fiction.

Problem solved...no need to thank me.
Sep 2, 2017 9:34 AM

Feb 2015
I don't even write 50 words shitpost in MAL... So how would I know?
Sep 2, 2017 2:46 PM

Aug 2013
I'm glad it's only 100-200 words but the topic makes things unusually complicated. And postgraduate comedy could be considered higher quality comedy.

I like your idea though @Bobby2Hands lol
Sep 2, 2017 3:34 PM

Sep 2012
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Sokka the Wise?

No.

I thought not. It’s not a story firebenders would tell you. It's a waterbender legend. Sokka was a intelligent man, so clever and so wise he could use the brain of his to make great gadgets… He had such a knowledge of the war tactics, he could even lead a group in war times.

He could actually lead an attack to firebenders?

Being genius is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

What happened to him?

He became so egoistic… the only thing he was afraid of was being wrong, which eventually, of course, he was. Unfortunately, he drank the damn cactus juice in desert while thinking it is harmless. Ironic. He could lead others to victory, but not himself.

Is it possible to be that genius?

Not for a firebender.

Go for it OP. You can make an alternative universe with that. Make sure it is canon tho.
Sep 2, 2017 3:36 PM

Apr 2016
Well then i'd most probably fail that task, because i don't even understand your question.
Sep 4, 2017 2:09 PM

Aug 2013
Today is groundbreaking - unequivocally and extraordinarily groundbreaking! Yesterday I went to bed Steph Macbeth; today I woke up as Spiderman. Would you believe it? Anyway, moving on. The other day I fell face-first on a cactus whilst studying cacti dressed up as a cactus. I thought dressing up as a cactus may somehow help me connect with this plant on some pseudo-intellectual, pseudo-spiritual level. Suffice to say it got me no closer to the plant than a light trip of the feet over an empty bowl did, as painful as that is to admit. After that I was done with cacti. My interest in cacti began when someone studying cacti at postgraduate level tried to convey to me how edifying and subtle said study is. At first I was sceptical, but as he strung his description together my doubts dissipated. When he described cacti with a mesmerising eloquence he vividly conveyed his feelings and notions on the subject. It turned out I couldn't help but begin to see the study of cacti in a similar light to him. Alas and woe, though, I am done with cacti. Now, time to go casually swing from building to building. Spiderman out!
Sep 4, 2017 2:18 PM
Jun 2015
write an essay about all the ways you can fuck the cacti and how the audience can fuck a cacti too at home

More topics from this board

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

42 by cyandaqil »»
16 minutes ago

» which country would you NOT want to visit? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 27

69 by neol3 »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

63 by cyandaqil »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - Today

29 by cyandaqil »»
34 minutes ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

38 by cody »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.