Forum Settings
Forums

Am I the only one who found hapi Mari childish, immature, predictable, cringeworthy and so on...

New
Jun 17, 2017 10:23 AM
May 2017
It was nothing like people claimed on internet. Is this the best josei romance genre has to offer. If it is then, wow, this is beyond tragic.

Chiwa is the height of immaturity and over the top-Ness, on every freaking subject. And hokuto is a jerk. Everyone was like this manga has real marriage stuff and blah blah blah...no it doesn't... And it was so predictable. I could tell from the beginning who killed his mother. The plot itself is sooooooo overused. This manga, plot, characters were sooooooo generic and cliche. Sigh. I am so disappointed.

I read somewhere josei being described as shoujo's older, mature sister. This is mature????? Bite me.

In the plethora of anime and manga, i can't find a single decent romance anime/ manga.

PeachesRoseJun 17, 2017 11:24 AM
Jun 18, 2017 4:30 AM

Dec 2015
No you're not the only one...I gave it a score of 3/10 for the same reason. I liked this manga at first and thought it was good but later on it became so annoying and super cliche and the main characters made it worst.

Chiwa who appear strong and independent girl at first became weak, insecure and yes really immature.

Also those " sexy scenes" became too much for me to bear - I almost thought that I was reading a smut manga.
Jun 18, 2017 9:36 PM
May 2017
Nunnally03 said:
No you're not the only one...I gave it a score of 3/10 for the same reason. I liked this manga at first and thought it was good but later on it became so annoying and super cliche and the main characters made it worst.

Chiwa who appear strong and independent girl at first became weak, insecure and yes really immature.

Also those " sexy scenes" became too much for me to bear - I almost thought that I was reading a smut manga.
thank you. i agree.
May 29, 2023 11:06 PM
Jul 2008
I know this topic is already super old but I was wondering the same thing. I just don't understand how Chiwa can be so immature based on her background. We're supposed to believe that she had to drop out of college early in order to help pay off her father's debts. So at the start of the story, she's already supposed to have been a responsible adult in the working world for what? 4+ years? And yet, she has the maturity level of a spoiled and sheltered child. I think it would have made more sense if her dad's company had just failed prior to the beginning of the story and she's having to be a responsible adult for the first time in her life.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hapi Mari Chapter 12 Discussion

preetymoney - Apr 14, 2010

9 by xbartolleq40 »»
Apr 28, 2023 12:19 PM

Poll: » Hapi Mari Chapter 40 Discussion

thisguy2011 - Jan 1, 2013

20 by matte_urusai »»
Sep 25, 2022 7:48 PM

Poll: » Hapi Mari Chapter 32 Discussion

onoda - Jun 11, 2012

9 by Vinylwolfe »»
Aug 9, 2022 6:49 PM

Poll: » Hapi Mari Chapter 6 Discussion

sayami - Sep 28, 2010

3 by sirenix »»
Jan 30, 2021 6:17 PM

Poll: » Hapi Mari Chapter 1 Discussion

sayami - Sep 28, 2010

2 by sirenix »»
Jan 30, 2021 6:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.