Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 31, 2017 9:34 PM

Nov 2016

Clubroom's Facilities

Club Nidawi was founded when DD Nen was established a century ago. The club is exclusive to students and teachers who were of fae descendance. It serves as a safe place for faes of different kinds to interact with one another.

The club also serves to provide assistance for new smaller framed members to tame their own mobility transportation.

The club’s motto is “Absit iniuria” meaning "let injury be absent" in latin. It was decided by the founding club’s president in his desire not to bring any harm to anyone, be it intentionally or unintentionally.

Members are expected to be respectful towards one another at all times. Any form of conflict should be resolved as peacefully as possible. Any member who’d failed to respect the rules shall be blacklisted and their membership dissolved.

Known Members
Unrevealed ~ President
Unrevealed~ Vice-President
Elvina ~ Secretary
Unrevealed ~ Treasurer
Unrevealed~ Entertainment Officer
Cansu~ Member

Agent_No-BentoJun 6, 2017 9:19 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 4, 2017 2:48 AM

Nov 2011

The new school term would mark the third year Shaela had joined Club Nidawi. She was approached by the previous President at the opening ceremony to join. She’d hesitated, but he was persistent. While she’d entered the club reluctantly, she had not regretted her decision. Ending the call with Elvina, she pushed the phone away from her. Human technology was not made for someone like her and so unfortunately she do not own any communication devices. Her perception of the world was vastly different from an average human. Being able to see things from her point of view made her appreciate the wonders of the nature much better. Unfortunately, that came with a price, one of them was her being more susceptible to predators. It was fortunate that she had partners who were willing to protect her.

Hearing the sounds of footsteps startled her and she turned around just in time to see Elvina and her companion walking in. She leaped off the table where she was previously reading a book and flew towards her. “Welcome back,” she greeted the Elf, “Where’s the new member you were talking about previously?”

Elvina was more than relieved to be back in the comfort of the clubroom. She felt that she’ll need nerves of steel if she wishes to stay in the Principal’s room. Granted, he had not done anything to warrant for it, but she felt uncomfortable in his presence.

Shaela’s voice was comforting, she’d always been rather kind to her. She’d relied on her heavily since her joining and she was there to support and guide her. Studying in DD Nen had its challenges, but the journey was made smoother because of her. “I’m back,” she greeted with a smile before she stepped aside to allow Cansu who was following behind her, “Shaela, this is Cansu.” she introduced before turning to Cansu, “This is Shaela, she’s the Treasurer of Club Nidawi. So in essence, she deals with everything financial in the club itself.” Putting away her laptop, she asked, “Cansu, would you like a drink? And how about you, Shaela?”

While Elvina was away preparing the drink order, Shaela had clearly taken an interest in the newcomer as she flew around her, taking in the sight. She rubbed her chin while she studied her, “I’ve heard from Elvina that you’re looking to join the club? Where are you from exactly?”

@Elvario
Ning_YueJun 8, 2017 5:30 AM
鏡花水月
Jun 4, 2017 9:10 AM
Aug 2014

After Elvina had picked up her laptop, Cansu had said her goodbyes to the principal and his assistant, before following Elvina out of the office. 'I'm glad I'm out of there...' She wasn't eaten, but meeting the principal had been far from pleasant. It had only increased her confusion and it had further raised her doubts. Especially the question as to how he knew about her arrival had managed to root itself in her mind. 'A truly curious thing...'

Having been guided through the school once more, Cansu was eventually lead into the clubroom. As she knew barely anything about this club, or about the school in general, she was interested to see where she had ended up. Besides, if they really were Fae, and if they didn't intend to sacrifice her for cultist reasons, she could finally let her guard down a bit. That'd be nice. She then noticed what she perceived to be another Faery. 'So there are really more of us here... She's pretty large though... I guess she's an earth Faery. I think those were taller than most of us...' Regardless of the other Faeries race, it was truly surprising to meet another Faery.

The other Faery didn't notice her though, as she flew directly towards Elvina and asked about the new member she had been talking about. After a greeting, Elvina introduced Cansu and Shaela. 'Wait. She's the treasurer? So it's not a Leprechaun after all... Thank heavens.' A fellow Faery was far better than a Leprechaun, after all. Just as she wished to say something, Elvina asked if she wanted something to drink. Yet before she could answer that, she got distracted by Shaela's inspection. As the taller Faery flew around her, clearly studying her, Cansu started to feel mildly uncomfortable.

The other Faery then asked about her joining the club and about where she was from. 'Does being forced into the club by the principal count as looking to join it?' Cansu decided not to voice this question. However, now that Cansu had a chance to speak up, she decided to start with a greeting. “Ehh... Hello.” It came out quite awkwardly. 'That was not what I intended to say...' Sadly enough, it seemed like this was now part of her history, as the set-in-stone event of her greeting a Faery of another race for the first time. 'Great...'

Trying to regain some composure, she answered Elvina's question whether she wanted something to drink. “No thanks.” Cansu was still trying to keep down the bitter tea from earlier, after all. She then faced the other Faery again. “I'm from the south-east.” She'd have answered more thoroughly, but she had never really seen where she lived on a map. She just knew that she had travelled mostly to the north-west to reach DD Nen. “I'm not sure where exactly, but I think it would take a few weeks to fly there from here.” If Cansu would have travelled in a straight line, she would've been able to give a more clear answer, but this was the best she could do for now. 'I guess I'd eventually figure it out with one of those maps though... Eventually...'

Tags: @Ning_Yue
Jun 14, 2017 7:59 AM

Nov 2016

Meeting Cansu was the best thing that had happened to Elvina today. Faes are generally a rare breed in DD Nen and it was fantastic that she’d managed to convince her to join Club Nidawi. She’d noticed that she was without her mobility aid though and made a mental note to bring that up later in the conversation. After setting the kettle to boil, she’d returned to the duo and joined them at the sitting area.

Shaela, on the other hand, was studying the new member. She did not share the same level of excitement with Elvina. Being skeptical was something deeply rooted in her core sense of being and as such, she found it challenging to trust someone immediately. “South-west?” she questioned, her brows burrowed as her mind processed her response. Nothing seems suspicious about Cansu, at least not upon first meeting. However, she wouldn’t let her guard down just yet. One wrong move from her end might be lethal in the school, as such, she’d rather play the safe card.

“I see,” Shaela agreed, her body relaxed though her tone of voice remained tensed, “Must be tough for you.” She gestured for Cansu to follow her towards the couch. Elvina joined them shortly afterwards. She was glad to see that the treasurer was playing nice with the new member. She knew that underneath the fae’s tough exterior appearance hides a gentler self.

“Cansu,” Elvina said, “do you have your own mobility aid? It would be challenging to move around in Lollapalooza if you don’t have one. I’m sure Shaela would agree with me.” As an elf, her physical size did not differ too much from an average human being. As such, walking wasn’t too much of an issue for her. “Oh, and where’s Donovan?” she asked, looking around the apartment and noticed his absence.

“Van? He’s out, somewhere. I think.” Shaela shrugged, while she’d worked with Donovan for a long time, they’re not glued together. Her partner tends to have a mind of his own and she’d respected that. “I’m not going anywhere soon so it’ll be fine. I think.”

Sensing Cansu’s discomfort, Elvina turned towards the new member of the club before explaining. “Donovan is Shaela’s mobility aid, they’ve worked for a long time now but he tends to be a little strange. I think you’ll get to see him soon. Oh, would you like some fruits or cookies? The baking club had given us some the other day. They’re pretty good.”

@Elvario
Jun 15, 2017 4:06 AM
Aug 2014

The bigger Faery had kept circling around her, until she asked 'South-west?' which Cansu correct with “No, I'm pretty sure it was south-east.” She wasn't sure if Shaela had misheard her, or if the bigger Faery didn't trust what she had said. Whatever it was, Cansu was fairly sure that she had mostly flown north-west, meaning that she came here from the south-east. 'It seems like she doesn't trust me much, even though I'm a fellow Faery. I wonder why. Maybe she thinks I'm the kind of water Faery that tries to lure others into the water to drown them?' Cansu wasn't sure what had caused the distrust from the fellow Faery, nor did she know what her fellow Faery meant with the 'must be tough for you' that was uttered with a tense voice. That said, when the bigger Faery gestured her to follow her to the couch, she gladly followed her there, so that she could rest her tired wings.

Elvina would then ask her about a 'mobility aid' to help her move around. They then started to talk about some creature called 'Donovan' which was apparently Shaela's mobility aid. 'What in the world are they even talking about...?' As if being psychic, Elvina confirmed that Donovan was indeed Shaela's mobility aid, although it still didn't really teach her much about what those mobility aids were supposed to be all about, hence she'd ask the inevitable question... “Eh... What's a mobility aid?” Since they were talking about this 'Donovan' as if he was able to make his own decisions, it was clear the mobility aid wasn't a machine or anything, but rather a sentient being. That said, Cansu doubted that the Fae in DD Nen were the kind of Fae that somehow ordered humans and the likes to help them get around, so the most logical option was that these 'mobility aids' were some sort of animals. “Are you talking about some sort of animal?” There was one thing that concerned her, if that turned out to be the case. 'I really hope they don't mean birds...' Figuring that she'd better be safe than sorry, she decided to follow it up with; “If so... what kind of animals are mobility aids..?"

Although she was fairly confused about all this 'mobility aid' stuff, as well as somewhat concerned about the potential involvement of birds, Elvina followed up with a more understandable question; whether she wanted fruits or cookies. 'If they've got something sweet, I could finally get the taste of that tea out of my mouth...' Cansu decided to risk it, and accepted the offer; “If you've got something sweet, that'd be nice, please.” After all, she was among fellow Fae now, and it didn't seem like they wanted to sacrifice her for whatever goal. She was starting to get a lot more comfortable then when she was with the principal, although she'd still be somewhat tense, mainly because of how her fellow Faery had also remained tense.

Tags: @Agent_No-Bento
ElvarioJun 15, 2017 4:12 AM
Jun 15, 2017 8:52 AM

Nov 2016

Donovan had always been by Shaela’s side as far as Elvina remembered. She recalled fondly at how energetic he was and the stark contrast in their personality. It was strange considering how well they worked together. It was as if they could read one another’s mind.

While mobility aid wasn’t compulsory per se, it was highly recommended for fairy students to obtain one as soon as possible. With the sheer size of Lollapalooza and the nature of the school, being without one would be disadvantageous for them. When Cansu expressed her confusion over what a mobility aid was, Elvina covered her lips in surprised. “You haven’t explained a thing, child?” asked the older fairy who was not impressed. The secretary let out an awkward chuckle and felt her cheeks getting warmer under the intensity of her glances.

“My sincerest apology about that,” she said as she fidgeted as she started explaining, “A mobility aid, like what the name implied is a form of transportation for our smaller framed members. The island and the school is huge in general and flying is not the most efficient way in covering large grounds. As such, part of what we do here in Club Nidawi is to assist our members to secure their own mobility aid. Thankfully it’s made easier with Shelia’s assistance. I’ll just go get the food here. I think the water’s ready.” She made a hasty exit because during the entire conversation, she could felt intense aura radiating from Shaela. As much as she understood that she meant no harm and was merely having a high expectation of her, she couldn’t bear to be in her presence when she was borderline mad about her.

“Working on the assumption that Elvina shared nothing about what we do exactly, then I’ll start from the beginning,” Shaela started, “I’ll only explain it once, pay attention because I’ll not be repeating myself child.” She rubbed the back of her neck and thought to herself that it was such a trouble having to go through this entire process of repeating what they do to every new member. Perhaps she should recommend to the President that they should produce some form of handouts or video so that she can save herself from winding and rewinding herself.

“A mobility aid comes in the form of an animal. It could be a land-dwelling, sky-flying or water-swimming creatures. There are no limitations as to who your partner could be.” She explained and felt her throat beginning to dry from speaking. Elvina appeared with a pot of Earl Grey and proceeded to pour her a cup of it. She thanked her and drank from it, happy for her thirst to be quenched.

Elvina poured Cansu a cup as well and gestured for her to help herself to it. Besides the pot laid an array of fruits and buttermilk cookies which she offered to the new member. When they’re settled down, she sat down on the chair opposite the couch and observed. There wasn’t much for her to contribute since the act of acquiring mobility aid relied heavily on Shaela and she served as a supporting role instead.

“As I was saying,” Shaela explained, putting aside the cup, “Members acquire their mobility from the Northern forest of Lollapalooza. There is a wealth of different animals suitable for them. To do so, you’ll have to challenge them and prove your strength. Once you’re successful, you shall proceed to form a contract. The act of bonding will be conducted by me and there are two different form of contracts that you may form.”

Sensing Cansu’s confusion over what Shaela shared, she decided that it would be wise to step in and offer some light into the situation. “Shaela is born with the ability to create bonds between two individuals.” She smiled, keeping her fingers crossed that she was not creating more confusion for Cansu. “Well in short, when you managed to prove your worth then Shaela would proceed to create a bond between you and it. There’re two different types of bond, right?” She asked, turning towards the treasurer who nodded.

“Yes. The first type of bond is the master-servant relationship. If you were to sign this bond, then your partner would serve as your servant and you’ll have absolute control over it. However, such bonds would decrease the compatibility between the two of you. As a result, your partner would not be able to fight for you at its full capacity. The benefit to it is that when it dies, you’ll survive. And the whole ‘I have to listen to you’ part.”

“The alternative would be the equal partnership. If you would go for it, then it would be more of a collaboration rather than a strict master-servant relationship. Do note that if you were to opt for it then you’ll have to spend time to build relationship with it. Because if you failed to do so, then it can break the bond from its end without your agreement.” She smiled before adding on, “However, on the upside, you will have a better compatibility with it. So, it’ll be able to unlock its true potential, making it a much better companion. Did I forget something, child?” Shaela turned to Elvina to check if she’d missed out anything.

Elvina was heading towards her laptop when the female stopped her, “Have you told her about the death part?” She prompted, to which Shaela shook her head.

“Yes, in an equal partnership because it’s equal, if one of you dies then the other will die as well.” Shaela smiled, completing her explanation, “So what do you think?”

@Elvario
Jun 16, 2017 2:08 AM
Aug 2014

After a snarky comment from Shaela, Elvina started to explain Cansu what the 'mobility aid' thing was about. Or at least, that was what she seemed to be trying. 'I can guess that is a way to help me get around from the name 'mobility aid,' but that still doesn't explain the 'how', the 'why' or the 'when' of it...' Elvina then also went on to talk about someone she hadn't heard about before, some 'Shelia,' whom apparently assisted with these so-called mobility aids. Seeing how Elvina had rushed off to get the food, Cansu would look at Shaela and ask her: “Who's Shelia? Another Fae?” Cansu wondered what kind of Fae was able deliver these 'mobility aids', whatever they were.

Shaela would then say she'd start from the beginning, telling her to pay attention. Cansu would nod at her. The average Water Faery wasn't too good at paying attention, but luckily enough she wasn't average. Shaela started by saying that mobility aids were animals, all sorts of them. 'Working with birds.... No thanks... Also; water-swimming? How will a fish help me get around the school...?' Magikarp used Splash. The introduction was already confusing Cansu, but for now she'd just stick with the idea of 'land-dwelling' animals as 'mobility aids.' It seemed like the other two categories were mentioned just for the sake of it, not for the practicality.

As Cansu was wondering about it, Elvina arrived with the awfully bitter tea again... and proceeded to pour her a cup of it. 'That's it. They want to poison me. No matter how often I'll try to politely decline, they'll just keep pouring in this bitterness...' However, there were also some cookies broken into Faery sized pieces, so Cansu gladly took one to those to nibble on. 'It's sweet~' She would keep nibbling on it while listening to the other Faery.

Shaela then continued with her explanation. Apparently people went to catch animals at the Northern forest, but they had to prove them their 'strength'... 'Prove our strength...? I don't know a single Faery whom would try anything as stupid as to try to pick a fight with an animal rather than to run from them immediately... It's run or get eaten, not 'pick a fight'... Is she even a real Faery? Thinking we can prove strength to animals, our predators, that's even more insane than wishing to defend ourselves better... If my father would hear this, he'd say she's even crazier than me...' Already, Cansu was in severe doubt about whatever they seemed to have in mind.

Shaela continued. She claimed to be capable of forming contracts between animals and others, something that Elvina doubled down upon. She also said Cansu would have to 'prove her worth' to Shaela. 'I'm fairly good at flying for my life, and I can use a bit of healing magic... I'm not sure if that's considered to be worth anything.' They then continued about two different forms of bonds. It was quite the exposition chunk of information at once, so Cansu had to pay careful attention.

It was only after Shaela asked her 'So what do you think?' that she had time to think about it. 'What do I think about it..?' For a moment Cansu had to ask herself the same question. 'I definitely think tying your own life to that of an animal is the purest possible form of absolute insanity. Who in their right mind would do something that is this level of stupid? Even if they die a natural death from old age, animals die a lot sooner than Faeries. I think most types of animals don't even get older than thirty naturally, so you'd effectively cut down your lifespan by around forty years at the least... That's insane. That's absolutely insane. It doesn't even take into account that you could just randomly die because the animal was stupid enough to get run over by a car or to fly against a window...'

If Cansu remembered correctly, there were a few animals that grew older, like tortoises or elephants. 'Although the animals that get older probably wouldn't be of much use as mobility aids... It would be fun to have an elephant though... They won't get run over by cars or fly into windows either, although I guess birds were out of the option from the start of it.' If Cansu were to ever form a contract as crazy as the 'equal partnership' it would have to be with an animal that would have a far better life-expectancy as she had, both naturally and in terms of strength and power. 'Like an elephant, or maybe a rhino.' That said, it'd probably impossible to get one of those with where they were, let alone that she would be able to 'prove her strength' to such a big and strong creature. 'I guess that 'equal partnership' stuff is not an option, no matter how you look at it, it's just insane.'

Cansu didn't get at all why someone would wish to risk their lives, or in case they choose animals with shorter lifespans, purposely decide to die young; just for the sake of having a 'better companion' due to compatibility or whatever. As such, Cansu started to debate the other option. Absolute control sounded like a good thing. It'd help her if she had an animal that could deal with other predators, something that she could command to fight them off for her. She could always just heal it afterwards, if that compatibility stuff was truly an issue. The listening part and the 'not-dying' part were very attractive with the option. However.... 'It's true that I was looking for ways to defend against predators and humans, and I get that this requires fighting fire with fire... But commanding an animal around like that... I'm not sure.'

She didn't know if it was just a remnant of her Faery upbringing, or if it was actually her voice of reason speaking to her, but for some reason it didn't sound very attractive to command an animal around, no matter how convenient it would be. 'Maybe it the idea that I might end up commanding something I always ran away from just feels strange...' She wasn't sure. Even so, this option too, required a 'test of strength,' whatever that would end up being. 'I think I heard tales about Forest Faeries saving animals from the traps of hunters and then befriending them... I wonder if I could find a human that is willing to place traps, so that I could save the animals from them and heal them. Would that count as a good way to show 'strength' and form a contract?' She wasn't sure. It probably wasn't, and she didn't even dare to suggest it.

She realized that she'd been overthinking it so much, that she had stared blankly at her now cold cup of tea for quite a while. 'I hope that will at least give me an excuse not to drink it.' Putting the tea aside, Cansu had managed to find an answer to the whole animal mobility aid thing. “No thanks.” She wasn't sure what to expand on, so she'd just wait to test the reaction, hoping that declining all this crazy stuff altogether was an acceptable option. 'Or maybe this whole thing was just some sort of introduction test, to see if I'd be sane enough to decline this stuff altogether...' Cansu truly wasn't sure, but she'd stick with her answer and await whatever reaction.

Tags: @Agent_No-Bento
Jun 16, 2017 8:36 AM

Nov 2011

“My sincerest apology, I meant Shaela and not Shelia. I tend to fumble my words when I’m nervous.” Elvina clarified the misunderstanding. She was fighting hard against her instincts in running away in embarrassment. The fact that she remained rooted was a cause for celebration considering that this wasn’t how she’d dealt with the situation in the past.

Truthfully, Elvina wasn’t taken aback at her outright rejection of the proposal. She had similar reaction when she’d first heard those words coming out of Shaela’s lips. It was then she remembered that her senior was probably not the best person to explain the idea. She wondered whether she ought to step in and offered another form of explanation instead. Looking at Shaela who made no attempt at clarifying herself, she decided that it would be necessary for her to step in.

“I think Shaela’s explanation probably wasn’t…” she paused, her eyes reached out towards the treasurer nervously. She was worried of her reaction towards her choice of words but thankfully it doesn’t appear that she was taking offense in it. “… the best.”

Abruptly, she stood up and headed to the pantry without a word said. Leaving Shaela and Cansu alone, the older fae shrugged. “I’m not the best at explaining how my own ability work. If you haven’t noticed, I’m not good with my words.” she explained nonchalantly and without a hint of emotions. “But to survive in this school, you can’t rely on yourself.” It was clear that she’s not looking to continuing the conversation by the fact that she’d closed her eyes immediately afterwards. Thankfully, Elvina returned with a jar of juice.

“I’m so sorry,” Elvina apologized profusely as she set the tray down, “You don’t seem to enjoy tea and I figured some OJ would be better for you. I mean, we have other beverages if you want them. Soda perhaps?” After Cansu accepted the drink, she settled down back on the same seat she was sitting on. If the new member requested for another drink, she would attend to her request before returning to where she was from.

“Shaela’s abilities involve bonds, that you know. So, like what she’d explained earlier, there are two different kinds of bonds she can create. And it doesn’t have to be involved strictly with animals, you could be bonded with another human being if you will.” Elvina started explaining though her voice was shaking from the nerves she was suffering from. She had to pause and take a long deep breath before she could continue speaking, “The Master-servant bond is not an equal relationship because you hold the control over the person or animal you bonded to. So, while they will have to listen to you because of the contract, you will not be able to access the full capacity of their ability. Of course, you can’t do anything too extreme such as ordering them to die on your behalf. If you were to do that then the contract will be broken immediately and it’ll backfire on you as the master. Besides that, you can’t order them to do things that are against their personal belief. So, for example, you can’t order a meat-eater to eat only grass. If you have any queries then do stop me alright? I know this is a huge chunk of information and it’s difficult to digest but do your best alright?”

Flashing a faint smile, Elvina pressed on. “I understand the Master-servant relationship doesn’t sound the best but it’s the safest form of contract a fae can have. The alternative would be equal partnership. So, this bond is created, the two of you will each hold fifty percent of the control. If either of you are unhappy with the relationship, you could break the contract with no cost.” She paused, to see if Cansu had anything to ask before she resumed, “Because it’s an equal relationship, your partner will be able to function based on their full capacity. In fact, if you share a high level of synchronicity with them, then you’ll be able to unlock their potential and do incredible things beyond belief. I believe that’s what Shaela and Donovan have between them. But of course, if one of you die then the other would die. However, your partner’s lifespan will be synchronized to yours. So, you don’t have to worry about them dying before you did.”

The secretary reached over for the tea that was too lukewarm to be considered hot and took a slip out of it. She’d never considered it to be bitter, in fact, it was precisely because of its taste profile that made her enjoy it as much as she did. “And you don’t have to be physically strong to dominate a creature to form a contract with you. There is no hard and fast rule for it but I felt that for most of them, it’s more of arousing their interest in you rather than a display of strength. Isn’t that what happened, Shaela?”

Shaela opened her eyes and shrugged in response, “I bonded with him because he felt that I smelled familiar to him.” Talking about Donovan made her missed his presence. She closed her eyes and searched for his energy field. She sensed that he wasn’t too far away from her which she was relieved for. Despite what she might have said, she had a deep relationship with him and wouldn’t want anything bad to happen to him.

“I hope that clarified your doubts. Once again, I’m so sorry if it wasn’t clear and I hope you’ll reconsider your decision. Being without a mobility aid in DD Nen wouldn’t be wise. The festival will be starting soon and you’ll need one to survive it.” With that said, Elvina kept her silence and waited patiently for Cansu’s response.

@Elvario
鏡花水月
Jun 16, 2017 10:51 AM
Aug 2014

Elvina had clarified that Shelia was meant to have been Shaela, which helped Cansu fit some things into place. However, the fact that she'd been asked for clarification made her seem so nervous that Cansu herself got nervous just from looking at her. 'It's like she's spreading an infective aura of nervousness...' Despite of this, she didn't seem to be surprised by Cansu's denial. 'I guess they realize how ridiculous all of this is. That's a relief.' She then followed it up by saying that Shaela's explanation wasn't the best. 'Does that mean there's a way to make any of this sound... not ridiculous?' Cansu doubted it. Even so, she'd be interested to hear it from Elvina... were it not that Elvina would stand up and pretty much continued to run out. 'Wait...'

Just as Cansu was starting to wonder if she had scared the girl off, Shaela shrugged, admitted that she wasn't good with words, and then told her she couldn't rely on just herself if she wanted to survive in this school. 'There she goes again... with the 'survive' and getting animals to 'fight' and whatnot... How literally does she mean all of that that? It doesn't sound like it's solely a figure of speech... This is a school though, which is supposed to be at least somewhat safe, right..? Otherwise my reason for coming here is pretty much... gone, I guess.' Cansu wanted to ask about it, but Shaela had closed her eyes... 'How rude...' After making a comment about 'surviving' like that, she'd either have to explain herself better or show that it was just a figure of speech. This was just... 'strange.'

Her thoughts were interrupted by the return of Elvina, whom had brought her what I think is meant to be orange juice. Glad to have something other then the tea that was far too bitter for her tastes, she'd say “Orange juice is fine, thanks.” while accepting it and starting to sip from it. Meanwhile, Elvina would sit down, as she would soon open the floodgate of exposition start talking about the whole bond thing once more.

To Cansu's surprise, it was apparently possible to use the bond thing on humans as well. 'That's insane... You could bind everyone you wanted to do your bidding.' It seemed to be something extremely powerful. 'I could even make a Faery Hunter kill the other Faery Hunters and fight fire with fire in the most literal way. Make him burn his comrades down.' This lugubrious train of thought would soon be interrupted by Elvina's follow-up. 'She sounds so nervous...' Cansu wasn't sure whether she was annoyed by it, or if she felt sorry for Elvina. It was probably a bit of both. Hence she decided to do her best to follow along with the explanation, despite her doubts about whether it would change her mind in any form her way.

It seemed like the pro's of the master-servant bond weren't as great as was suggested by Shaela. 'So you can't ask for anything too extreme. Wait... you can't even go against their personal beliefs? Do animals even have those...? How much of what a human wants can be counted as their personal belief..?' With the introduction of this concept of 'personal belief' it was suddenly quite unclear what she could or couldn't expect from this whole master-servant relationship thing. The example given to her wasn't clear either. 'Isn't eating grass or meat based on the animal's biological constitution... what about it is supposed to be a part of any sort of belief? Maybe some of the more mythical creatures could have beliefs. Normal animals though... I don't think they can even have such a thing as beliefs. They just eat grass or meat depending on what their stomach can digest, and solely for the sake of preventing starvation.' It also seemed like 'something would backfire' if the contract was broken.

Just as Cansu was starting to wonder more and more about it, Elvina told her that she could feel free to interrupted her. Deciding not to waste any time on it, she'd immediately do exactly that by interrupting Elvina after the 'do your best alright' part of her speech. “I don't get the personal belief part. I always thought that eating grass or meat was just something animals did depending on what they could digest, just like how only predators would go after us Faeries, while herbivores would keep us alone because they can't digest us. Are you suggesting that predators have other reasons to eat us based on something like a personal belief, that there's more to it then just the basics of needing to hunt for nutrition...?” It was quite a scary thought; to think that they were eaten for other reasons then the predator's survival. “Oh, and what do you mean with backfiring?”

Elvina then renamed 'bond' to 'contract' again, something she had done for at least a second time. 'I guess she means the same thing with both these words?' Cansu wasn't sure about it, as 'bond' sounded a lot friendlier while 'contract' sounded a lot more professional. However, since both were used in an interchangeable way, they probably referred to the same thing. Elvina then said that both held fifty percent of control in the equal partnership thing. 'Wait what... It means I'll have to allow an animal or whatever to control me...?' Remembering that she was told that she free to interrupt, she'd immediately do so. “Hold up. Sharing control? What does that mean? Does it mean I'd have to let the animal or whatever decide my actions half of the time...?” If that was the case, the answer would most definitely remain a firm 'no' to this part of the whole proposal.

Elvina continued about something regarding breaking the contract. Although she had ignored it earlier, she felt like she basically had to ask about it, now it was brought up yet again. “The whole bond or contract thing. I'm sorry, but I don't get it. How does it affect the animal's capacity to function? How can it give me control over them? What exactly is broken about it when either of us would be unhappy with it? Also, you said there were no cost, but what kind of cost would we otherwise talk if there were some? It feels like you're holding back something.” She realized that she was overloading the already nervous Elf with questions, so she'd quickly follow it up with; “I'm sorry. I don't want to be be mean or anything. It just seems like all of this is really important, so I'd rather know as much about this as I possibly can. I'm not trying to be difficult on purpose, I just want to be able to make a well-educated decision, if I were to decided to go along with any of this.”

Shaela was pretty correct. They'd probably do well by making a manual about this entire thing at some point, otherwise the poor Elvina would probably end up with a nervous breakdown eventually. Even so, Elvina wasn't finished yet. She introduced yet another concept 'synchronicity,' a word entirely unknown to Cansu. The 'incredible things beyond belief' didn't really explain anything either. She also said that their lifespans would synchronize, which raised yet another question. In other words, Cansu had to interrupt Elvina to overload her with questions once more. “What is syncro-.. synchronicis? What are those incredible things beyond belief? Also, if our lifespan synchronizes, does that mean some of my lifespan goes to the animal, and that I'll die younger, or that it happens the other way around if it was a long-living animal? How would the death of one of us cause the other to die?” Cansu had barely been able to follow along with any of it, which would be both visible and audible. Especially the last question was something that she'd need to have answered. She didn't like the idea of placing her life in the hands of another, be they animal or human, or whatever other creatures existed. If the aim was to make her talk more, they had easily succeeded by now. 'The way she talked right now makes it sound like they're trying to fool me by selling me worthless items. How much more vague can you get? Ising phrases such as incredible thing beyond belief...'

Sadly enough, Cansu's mind couldn't calm down just yet. Elvina had even more to say. Physical strength wasn't needed. 'That's exactly what I was wondering about before. It's like she read my mind. Or maybe Shaela messed up explaining this more than once before...' Regardless, that last part was at least somewhat of a relief, as she actually understood it this time around. Even so, she did wish to ask a question about it. “I know the the arts of healing that have been passed down through generations of our clan's Water Faeries. Do you think that'd impress anyone or anything? I don't think I've got much else to offer.” Cansu decided there was not much harm in admitting the limits of what they could expect from her, as it seemed like they might otherwise overestimate her, and put her in a needlessly dangerous situation.

Finally, the conversation switched towards Shaela and Donovan. They bonded based on 'smelling familiar' or something... 'I'd have to make myself smell like an animal..?' For some reason, neither Shaela nor Elvina had said anything about what Donovan was. It was as if they purposely tried to hide it from her. If she wasn't growing more suspicious again already, she was certainly becoming suspicious again by now. She decided to be straight to the point. “You've been talking about Donovan a few times now, but I've got no clue what he is. Is he an animal? If so, what kind? Also, it sounds like you did that equal partnership thing with him? Is that correct? If so, what made you decide to risk sharing your life expectancy with an animal?” Although she'd try her best to sound 'neutral' during her questions, her thoughts weren't. 'Please don't say it's a bird... Please don't say you're actually someone who'd tie their life to that of an animal...' Cansu had already trouble to swallow all of this, so she surely didn't need any more confusion...

As it they were trying to mentally break her down, the last part was what entirely destroyed her attempts to remain mentally calm and collected. She'd do her best not to show it too much, but she was pretty confused by this information overload. It was especially so because they had mentioned mentioned 'surviving' yet again, in a way that seemed to be more literally than figuratively. This time, she decided to straight up ask them about it. “Surviving a school festival? Couldn't I just sit stuff like that out somewhere alone? Also, forgive me for asking a strange question, but what would having such an aid do to help 'surviving' a school festival, and what exactly do you mean by having to survive it? I've managed to escape from multiple predators before, animal and human alike, so getting away from someone annoying or avoiding crowded places shouldn't be too hard. Are you saying that there something more dangerous than those things here, or am I misunderstanding your usage of surviving?” From the many questions that were coming from Cansu's side, it was clear that she was willing to do her best to understand things, but that she was struggling quite a lot do to so.

Tags: @Ning_Yue
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » ::: Student Enrollment Exercise :::

Ning_Yue - Apr 22, 2017

14 by Elvario »»
Jul 3, 2017 1:09 PM

» [School] Cafeteria [Main Building]

Agent_No-Bento - Apr 22, 2017

8 by Agent_No-Bento »»
Jun 19, 2017 6:52 AM

Sticky: » ::: Non-Teaching Staff and Others' Profiles ::

Agent_No-Bento - Apr 25, 2017

2 by Ning_Yue »»
Jun 4, 2017 2:48 AM

» [School] The Principal's Office [Main Building]

Agent_No-Bento - May 9, 2017

25 by Ning_Yue »»
Jun 1, 2017 1:21 AM

» [School] Entrance to DD Nen School for the Exceptional

Agent_No-Bento - Mar 30, 2017

19 by TheAnimeAdmiral »»
May 30, 2017 10:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.