Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 20, 2017 7:58 PM

Dec 2015
Hi guys,

I really enjoyed the dubbed version of Ghost Stories. I thought it was great. A lot of people think the voice actors stopped giving a crap but it must have taken a lot of effort to make it so funny with the constraint they had lol.

Anyways any recommendation of anime like the dubbed version of ghost stories, not so bad it's good but the weird humour it has in it. Breaking the 4th wall, more adult humour and something that can make me laugh as much as this did.

Thanks
May 21, 2017 2:30 PM

Dec 2015
I also enjoyed the English funimation Shin Chan so anything along those lines too.
May 21, 2017 2:44 PM
Aug 2016
I don't know if there is any anime that is quite as similar to Ghost Stories as you want. If anyone has some recommendations, I would love to hear them as well. Ghost Stories' dub feels a lot like South Park w/ it's more western style of humor which might be hard to find in most anime. I would recommend you check out Prison School. It's incredibly low brow humor that is played incredibly straight which is hilarious. While I haven't seen this show yet, I've heard good things about Cromartie High School which may make it worth checking out.
May 21, 2017 2:48 PM

Dec 2015
FeartheMuffin said:
I don't know if there is any anime that is quite as similar to Ghost Stories as you want. If anyone has some recommendations, I would love to hear them as well. Ghost Stories' dub feels a lot like South Park w/ it's more western style of humor which might be hard to find in most anime. I would recommend you check out Prison School. It's incredibly low brow humor that is played incredibly straight which is hilarious. While I haven't seen this show yet, I've heard good things about Cromartie High School which may make it worth checking out.

Already had Cromartie on my PTW but thanks about the Prison school recommendation. Have you checked out the funimation dub of shin chan, that had me laughing a lot.
May 21, 2017 2:52 PM
Aug 2016
Dblock said:
FeartheMuffin said:

Already had Cromartie on my PTW but thanks about the Prison school recommendation. Have you checked out the funimation dub of shin chan, that had me laughing a lot.

I haven't. I'm going to need to check that out. Thanks for that recommendation.

More topics from this board

» Any good horror manga/anime recommendations?

zorobignaturals - 9 hours ago

9 by H_Castaigne »»
35 minutes ago

» Anime/Manga that doesn’t mock small boobs/flat chest?

Throwawayy1234 - May 25

4 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
2 hours ago

» Any Similar Donghua to Xian Ni?

YukiTsubaki - Yesterday

2 by M2zC »»
3 hours ago

» I'm looking for other light novels.

luigirovatti - 5 hours ago

0 by luigirovatti »»
5 hours ago

» Detective anime about murders solving

Shabo-kun - May 24

19 by Shabo-kun »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.