Forum Settings
Forums

Soon I'm going to binge watch for 10 hours. Is 3.5x speed too much???

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 20, 2017 7:17 AM

Aug 2015
vvickie said:
whats the point to watch anime without taking time to appreciate seiyuu, ost and artwork, where's the pleasure then?? do you not bother with chewing food too?
you know some people are just doing something for the sake of doing it.
some people are just watching something for the sake of watching it.
We mortals can't understand such a thing.
Apr 20, 2017 7:19 AM

Apr 2017
As someone who got into anime fairly recently I get theres some pressure from having too many things to watch or catch up on but that just seems like a waste of time, its fine that you binge but speeing up seems a bit stupid.

"That's my precious
image of happiness..."

- I have no clue... -
Apr 20, 2017 7:28 AM

Jul 2014
Do you have OCD, dude? That's not normal.
Apr 20, 2017 7:28 AM

Dec 2015
No 3.5x is fine. Your brain will eventually adjust until 3.5x is normal and watching it at normal speed is like a normal person watching in slow motion. Ignore people being negative, they are just jealous that your MAL list is better than theirs.
Apr 20, 2017 7:40 AM
Aug 2015
Omkar_Nagwade said:
Just tried watching a Girls und Panzer episode at 3.5x speed. It was the most ridiculous thing ever.

Stop making anime watching a competition and enjoy them. If you've lost interest in your hobby, no point in continuing it.

But you can just kill yourself if want to. If your life is that unimportant to you that is.

My god, I watched Girls und Panzer Episode 1 at 3.5x speed to try it. It's awful, I have a headache and the only things I understood from the show are those I remembered from watching it at 1x speed.
At that speed, you can understand the voices even if they are pitched up but the OST is lost and shift of tone are awful, they don't let you the time to think and everything becomes bad.
Don't do it, I'll never do it again myself.
OP is only creating this thread to get attention, if he is serious about that, it is the type of character that wants attention and he clearly knew what was awaiting him by creating this thread.
And if it's a troll, well it's a success and it is also to get attention.
In both case, I've lost some trust in humanity and have acquired a headache from this thread.
Apr 20, 2017 8:05 AM

Aug 2015

dlkjfs;alks;jdfalk;sjfdasl;jfdk
Apr 20, 2017 8:58 AM

May 2010
I can see the appeal of watching at 1.2 or 1.5 times speed for fillers, recaps, or really long shonen anime in general... but I've never done it.

3.5 is retarded.
"My only agenda is to eviscerate any who might try to rule over and control me"- Sousuke Aizen

"Maybe, just maybe, there is no purpose in life... but if you linger a while longer in this world, you might discover something of value in it"- Orochimaru

"All men are not created equal... both in birth and in upbringing, in sheer scope of ability, every human is inherently different"- Charles zi Britannia

We are the Contra Mundi. We serve the great inimical Goddess who in her own time will destroy the world. Tremble, reprobates, in fear of her pitiless gaze.
Apr 20, 2017 9:47 AM

Apr 2016
jeikobu11 said:
rsc-pl said:
Anything above 100%/1.0 spoed is too much. Are you in hurry somewhere? Are you getting paid for watched series? Seriously, I will never understand watching anything with higher speed.

PS go trolling somewhere else.

Im quite serious about this. This is no longer just a half hearted hobby where we only watch a few episodes a day. ITS A LEGIT MUST WATCH SITUATION WHERE I HAVE TO CATCH UP ON LOST TIME! 50 episodes a day or I kill myself.

Kill yourself. Do you even enjoy watching anime that way?
Apr 20, 2017 9:50 AM

Oct 2013
dude why the fuck would you watch it at increased speed!? and 3.5x at that!? watch it at normal speed n for the love of god, dont watch anime just for the sake of watching coz theres no way in fkn hell can u convince me that you enjoy it this way. no bloody way. It seems like this shit is a chore for you....I just dont get it....

but whatever, YES 3.5x is too much. 1.0x is the way to og bwecause you are actually WATCHING it.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Apr 20, 2017 9:59 AM

Jul 2015
Why? Theres already plenty anime with bad pacing out there.

Seriously though if your enjoying a series take your time and enjoy the details,If not drop it.
Apr 20, 2017 6:17 PM
Jul 2018
I just tried 3.5x Seriously that stuff is crazy fun. You guys should all try it. After some time, it actually feels normal to listen and read at that speed.

Gotta try this more often.
Apr 20, 2017 11:50 PM

Mar 2017
me and my bro thought about it... binging all of naruto in one saturday night...
~650 episodes (i think) times roguhly 25 minute episodes = 16250 minutes = ~270 hours =~ 11.3 days nonstop.
divide by 3 useable computers, 1 ipad, and 2 iphones = ~2 days=~120 hours.
darn still to long need to shorten to about 6 hours...
so with 6 monitors and 20x speed can watch 650 episodes of naruto in 6 hours. haha

anyways. for OP, just watch anime however u want. obviously we all recommend u dont watch at 3.5 speed, but they are just recommendations...

have a feeling this OP is already binging at 3.5x anyways.
Apr 21, 2017 4:53 AM
May 2015
AmynoAcyD said:
Do you have OCD, dude? That's not normal.

lol ur the 11th person who said that. no i dont have OCD.
Apr 21, 2017 7:13 AM

Nov 2013
whoe poitn of shows in general is to enjoy them. I dont think that would be fun and seems like you are just wasting time. Learn japanese and just watch anime without subtitles and youre already winning.
Apr 21, 2017 8:48 AM
Jul 2018
Thread Cleaned and Locked.

Use your blog, this whole thread revolves around the OP so no real discussion can be done here. Further inside is also a mess of spam, some user bashing and even advertising. I've done some cleaning but this thread is staying locked with the key destroyed.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» mal/Confessions

NoelleIsSleepy - 6 hours ago

32 by yoslina »»
58 seconds ago

» Birthday gifts!!!

Yonahim_Zz - 16 minutes ago

2 by PPL_CaLL_Me_DUDE »»
2 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9092 by appledude1221 »»
11 minutes ago

» Your longest record/streak ( 1 2 )

Yonahim_Zz - Yesterday

69 by Yonahim_Zz »»
23 minutes ago

» Any romance anime where you liked MC more than main girl? (Shojo/Josei excluded)

Sanjay63773 - Today

4 by Daviljoe193 »»
38 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.