Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 8, 2017 9:19 AM

Mar 2016
I've seen all of brotherhood and it was good! The first 20ish and last 20ish episodes were amazing but i found the middle part quite tedious, idk if alot of people experience this but i did. I was wondering if the original was worth watching? If so, why? And is it better?
That's kinda cringe but I laughed
Feb 8, 2017 9:22 AM

Nov 2013
It is worth watching. The first half will expand on the first 12 episodes of Brotherhood, so it might be a bit tedious (I think starting with the original and then watching FMAB would have been better), but the second half is completely different from Brotherhood, and it's interesting enough on its own.
Feb 8, 2017 9:30 AM

Nov 2008
I'm watching FMA right now and it's great! I've seen Brotherhood a couple of years ago and thought I'd never watch the original series because I thought it would be very similar.
Trust me, it's not. The beginning is basically the same and the plot takes a while to start moving but it's absolutely worth the watch. I'm on episode 43 right now I'm absolutely hooked. It is very different from the manga and gives some characters a stronger emphasis (Lust, Shou Tucker, Izumi...) while others fall a bit short (Greed, Doctor Marcoh, ...). It's also somewhat darker with a lot of cruel scenes, especially regarding racism against the Ishbals. I do think it would be better to watch FMA first and then Brotherhood, but there is no harm in doing the reverse.
As of now, I like Brotherhood more than FMA but as I've said, it's definitely worth it and I haven't finished it yet either.
Feb 8, 2017 9:37 AM

Feb 2015
The story is mostly different (except for the beginning) and it has a very different tone. I personally prefer Brotherhood, but some people like the original better, so I think you should really watch it judge for yourself.
Feb 20, 2017 9:30 AM

Sep 2013
Both are good. Brotherhood was a bit better than original.
Feb 20, 2017 9:56 AM

Mar 2013
No. Just no. Brotherhood has an amazing story that leaves you breathless, while FMA just... doesn't have anything worth mentioning. Just no man.
But then again, that's just me. And I really disliked it.
Feb 20, 2017 10:00 AM

May 2014
I'd say yes. Take some time after finishing Brotherhood(I personally took a year), and then watch the original.

Both are really good anime in their own rights, and the original does some things a lot better than in Brotherhood. Although it has an awful main antagonist, especially considering Brotherhood.

I'd recommend watching it, but without expecting to find something as brilliant as Brotherhood, and try to judge it on it's own merits, of which it has many.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

968 by Jinx_Araragi »»
Today, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Aug 9, 2009

357 by TheBrokenBoyy »»
Yesterday, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ahenshihael - Aug 2, 2009

211 by TheBrokenBoyy »»
Yesterday, 5:24 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ahenshihael - Jul 19, 2009

196 by TheBrokenBoyy »»
Yesterday, 5:23 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

135 by wibugar »»
Yesterday, 3:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.