Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 7, 2017 12:48 PM
Apr 2013
Hey, hey, hey!
Place your Event Committee application here.
You must list your: Discord username and Time zone.
Username must be verified through a pm in discord.
In order to qualify you must be:
- A member of both the MAL club and the Discord server.
- Be active and have enough time to run events

Explain what events do you want to run, what is your experience on doing such stuff etc. Also what sets you apart from the others.

We are open for applications!
EtoileFeb 14, 2017 1:38 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 7, 2017 11:02 PM
Dec 2016
Username: Matt/Gift
Timezone: UTC+08:00
Events that I want to run: I would like to uphold events of Art Events, Game Events, Movie
Experience: Iv'e held events in the past on my guild in MMO games and also held an art contest on group in Facebook. I applied so I can gain more experience in handling events.
What sets me apart from the others: I'm not sure what the others can offer, but I believe with experience and a growing passion to this, it definitely sets me apart from others.
Jan 8, 2017 7:12 AM
Dec 2016
Username: Shadowzack
Timezone: GMT+1 (Netherlands)

Types of Events: Writing contests, Gaming events, Art (Animation, video, etc.), Voice acting contests (impersonation) and perhaps more as ideas come!

Experience: I've hosted multiple large-scale events that included writing contests in the past, in the league of legends community and in Discord later on. Also I have hosted impersonation contests and cosplay contests before.

What sets me me apart, is that I do believe I have some unique creative ideas in store, and I also feel as if I could help the community participate in said events too.
Jan 11, 2017 12:13 AM
Dec 2016
Username:>Nekomancer [輝く雪の上の炎]
Timezone: UTC+09:00/UTC +08:00 (Tokyo/Hong Kong) (Depends on where I am w)

Types of events: I can host Anime Events, Art events and Writing Events.

Experience: I have hosted various writing competitions before and anime appreciation events before, and I hope to host events to understand more about western culture and their unique opinions and views.

The reason that sets me apart from others: I have expertise in anime and art appreciation and a free mind. I believe that I can gain experience by hosting community-friendly events on this server.

I will be thinking of hosting a new year's art event and a creative writing contest and I hope that everyone will have fun participating in my events.

[十]みんななかよくプレイしましょう Let's all have fun and play together! ----- NGNL's 10 Commandments (十の盟約)
yukiasukagiJan 11, 2017 5:23 PM
Jan 12, 2017 12:19 AM
Jan 2017
Username: KingofPumpkins (its vegan)
Timezone: UTC -6:00/ UTC -10:00
Types of events: Educational. Specifically study sessions for current students where older or more knowledgeable members can tutor younger members with schoolwork/leisure studying. This kind of environment allows MAC to not only offer anime enthusiasts a social experience, but an occasionally productive one as well.

Experience: I'm studying to be a history teacher. I also tutored kids in high school. I have above average organizational and planning skills. I also learn fairly quickly.

What sets me apart: Besides me being Axis and Vegan? I'm just a person who takes pleasure out of helping others learn and genuinely regards the education of my students as a top priority.

Oh also I can host vegan events that promote the usurping of the meat eating government~
Feb 14, 2017 6:55 AM

Nov 2014
Username: katsu#8190
Timezone: GMT+1

Types of Events: photo contests, art contest, gaming events, not movie nights doe cuz crap internet ,, maybe other event thingies idk

Experience: Well I used to co-own in a server where I hosted photo contests, I mod 3 servers (idk why i added that) and I own a small server where I occasionaly host shit idk

Yeah I know I'm not getting this but uhmmm I am a delight
∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
Mar 7, 2017 2:41 AM
Feb 2012
_North
GMT+5

Potentially do a PES soccer/footie baller tournament and occasional movies (50s/60s Japanese live action)

I'm a mod on an anime stream and in the past, hosted year round anime for 2 years, including a yearly toradora christmas stream (Still do). I also ran this tournament single handedly, from getting 16 people signed up and with a proper team, importing character models into the game, to hosting the game. This is my main focus, and won't be a reality until the summer, so this application is pretty much useless since a role ain't really needed to host a movie every few weeks.

Here's the VODs https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-hkYj6ht-uMc29WWFpZLWozcDQ

Edit:
Oh yeah, I also used to host collages, which were pretty fun to do, wouldn't mind doing them again. http://witcheffect.com/img/letsdraw/
_NorthMar 7, 2017 3:20 AM
Apr 9, 2017 11:57 AM
Aug 2015
Hey, sorry if it is a bit long. Here's my event committee application

Username: SpawnOfSatan

Time zone: UTC+01:00 (Norway)

Events: I would like to have events like: Art Events, Weekly game Events, Q&A, and anime events where we talk about anime (no plans for this one yet, however I am working on it)

Experience: I’ve held game events like draw my thing with some of the members from MAC. I also have held another game event where we played Pokémon Showdown. I applied so I can gain more experience in handling events, and because I felt that I wanted too try it out since I’ve always wanted to try it out.

What sets me apart from the others: I can’t say that my personality is what sets me away from the others, however I think my passion for making events that people like and having great times with is. I want to offer the members of the chat a possibility to become more social with other members, and have a great time at the server. I want to become a moderator for the sever so I want tot become someone a bit more experienced with the people on the server. So, that’s the reason I want too join the event committee.

Active: I’m active on the days that I can. I’m in two music bands (might be three after the summer) so I use my time mostly too study, practice, and be outside with irl friends. I want too use my spare time too think of events that I can do (with the help of you guys) so that I can make members want too be more active on the server and enjoy their time here.
May 27, 2017 3:57 PM
May 2017
Username:GodReaper
Timezone:UTC-4
Events:i would like to do events like gaming event,Q&A monthly of anime topics,anime jeopardy and picture events
Jun 9, 2017 8:09 AM
Jun 2017
Ryosuke"s Application as a Event Committee Member
of My Anime Chat

Summary:
Discord Name:@Ryosuke#8316
Residence : Detroit, Michigan , USA
Timezone : Eastern Time Zone , UTC-05:00
Activity Time : The entire night.

Events:
I have experience in Drawing , Literature , Gaming , Anime and stuff related to Math and Science. So, i can host events related to any of the above things.

Experience:
I am a senior developer and a forum moderator at XDA Developers. I've been an android developer for 5 years now. I've hosted a few giveaways and competitions on the XDA developer forums but not on anything like Discord. I've been a volunteer at a few manga drawing events like for 2 years and i have that as an experience to handle real life events.

Why you want to be in the committee ?
well i dont have any real life friends and MAC has given me friends that i can cherish my entire life. MAC is a family for me and i want to do something for it. I wanted to be a moderator at first but i dont think I'm upto that responsibility. And finally , Why not ? who doesnt want to host a competition. I wanna be more experienced at things like this and try out new stuff rather than living my boring life.

What is your personality like ?
I'm a really social guy who enjoys talking about several topics (except dirty topics and Biology) and helping other people. I hate swearing and i dont think that it is necessary for any cinversation. I'm not a sexist or a racist , for me everyone is equal and i love all the MAC members even if they hate me.

Final Words:
I hope you enjoyed reading my application. I'm looking forward to hearing your reply and hope I'll be able to help the current staff members with Events and Stuff related to it.

Note : sorry for my poor grammar and English. Its not my first language and also i have a real bad sense of humour :3.
Jul 16, 2017 3:33 AM
Jul 2017
Here's my application X3

Username: riri☘
Timezone:GMT+08:00 (Manila, Philippines)
Events: well I love art mostly traditional so I think that and some food and nature themed stuff is pretty nice for topics

Experience: I really don't have one or any. I just wanna try to hold some events and have fun with it X3

What sets me apart from the others??
Hmm I don't know actually cause they offer pretty nice things I just think my events would be kind of interesting

That's all..lol

Thanks for your time~~~>w<
Aug 8, 2017 11:53 AM
May 2016
Discord name: Charlie#7407
Timezone: GMT+2
Active time: As much as I can

I've got a good experience in creating and/or running events being able to bring fun events such as karaoke night, movie night, games etc
I'm also a fast learner and a creative person, I'm very confident in my ability and I'm able to handle myself the most difficult situations

Sincerely Charlie
Aug 16, 2017 3:01 PM
Jun 2017
Grettings~ I'm Filipe
My Discord: =Cardozinh=#4516
My timezone: UTC+00:00

- A member of both the MAL club and the Discord server: Done ^^
- Be active and have enough time to run events: More than a lot

I would run every type of event, everything comes to my head, I didn't had much experience about this stuff and I would like to learn ^^'.
I'm reaaally creative, I can imagine a lot of events in my head now hehe. I was also interested in this committee stuff a while ago.

Thanks for reading >w<
(Sowy if my english isn't the best)

Sep 1, 2017 3:34 PM
Apr 2015
OneBang's Application to MAC's Event Committee.
Username:OneBang#1017
Time Zone:UTC+00:00
Active Time:From 12:00 to 24:00 sometimes 04:00. If im in school its from 08:00 to 22:00.

I would like to run events related to the kind of stuff i know well and love. Art, Gaming and Quizes. I might want to try some ideas since i always want to think about new stuff.

I dont really have any experience aside from running a few events on my personal server and a few on my guilds on several RPGs

I dont really think i stand out from the others but i think ill be able to provide MAC with some creative and fun events if i get accepted.

Thank you and have a nice day!
Nov 17, 2017 8:03 AM
Dec 2016
Re-Applying

Username: Matty/Matilda/Matt
Timezone: UTC+08:00 PH/Manila

Events that I want to run: I would like to hold events such as Art and Photography events.

Experience: I've once been an Event Committee of My Anime Chat Discord Server last year 2016, I've also been holding events on online games few years ago.

What sets me apart from the others: I love seeing people participate in events that I made, it makes me love what I do and continue improving so people would look forward to my events.
Dec 10, 2017 2:06 PM
Dec 2017
Username:☣Napkins#8876
Timezone: UTC

Events that I want to run: Game event, Art event (Sprites, Paintings, Sketches, etc), Tournaments, Roleplay Event, AMV Event, Puzzle Event, Daily Brainteaser.

Experience: I don't have much experience of running events. Although, I don't have much experience I have taken observations of the previous event staff and how they run their events. Napkins can learn fast aswell!

What sets me apart from the others: I like the whole community of MAC! I am friendly and want the server to move forward. I surpass expectations and reach new goals! I'm not sure what the others can offer, but I believe my experience in this server, combined with my strengths in responsibility, teamwork and initiativity and my passion for your server definitely sets me apart.

Your average emo shut in neet and weeb ;3
- Napkins
NapkinzDec 14, 2017 4:30 AM
Dec 10, 2017 5:43 PM
Jul 2017
Icy hots application for event committee.
Discord name: Icy Hot#6209.
Time zone: UTC-05.00.
Place of current residence: Ottawa, canada.

Why are u applying for event committee.

I am applying for event committee because event committee staff has been slow and i could be great help to make it more active and running.

What do u bring to the table.
List of events.
1.gaming.
2.art.
3.anime live streams.
4.photography.

What sets you apart from other members.
I can work super hard and make at least 2 events a month or even 3 that’s if i don’t have exams.
Thank you for taking your time to read my application.
Hope you have a good day ^ ^.
IcyisWetDec 10, 2017 6:05 PM
Jan 11, 2018 7:00 AM
Jan 2018
Applying for: Event committee.
Discord Username: Insane_Ace#4625
Timezone: UTC-05:00.
When are you active: whenever so i can probably plan events on my free time.
Questions Time.
Why are you applying for event committee.
I am applying for event committee so that i can bring happy and fun events to all members of all ages (and i want the blue role).
What sets you apart from other members.
I am a very open person i am gonna say what’s on my mind and i am very creative.
What events can you offer.
Events: Gaming,anime and art.
Final words .
I love this chat and i hope i can do something for it as a members.
Thanks for reading ;).
Sincerely Shu.

Jan 24, 2018 7:47 AM

May 2016
[] Username: Somu-kun/Kirito

[] Timezone: UTC+05:30

[] Events i want to run:
- Polls
- Art events (basically rough sketches and scribbles) since not everyone had talent for art, something like scribble will give everyone an equal chance to participate and showoff skills.
- Meme events
- Quick Anime based quizzes [1 Round per month to decide a 'particular role' for user(s) ]

[] Experience: Welp i've been making tons of events for my mmo community from like last 5 years. Recently i made a anime poll for MAC which went out pretty well.

[] What sets me apart from others?
I'll be honest lul , i've been actively checking #Creative_zone in discord chat and events tab from the day i joined mac server and i've seen many talented artists/video makers. The events i can hold are quite simple and not the ones where you need to work hard or require talent in a particular field. I've seen art events where there were like 7-8 submissions cuz basically the events were [UN-SPECIFIED] now you mgiht wonder whats the 'UNSPECIFIED' stuff im talkin about? I mean there's no specs weather to make a full form art or just a sketch.
So what happens here is the artists who can make pro. arts get an upper hand while the sketches/scribble ideas fall down.

Last year i was in an art event myself and from what i know the staff said there were 7 submissions. And out of those only 2 were colored (including mine) so basically i got the upperhand cuz of the full art and won the event. While the other sketches were amazing aswell.

leaving that part aside, i'm pretty much active like 15/7 on discord so holding monthly polls,quizzes will be quite easy for me. That's all.

So basically i wanna make events related to common subjects like arts/memes and stuffs which will be easy ,where everyone can participate.

(don't tldr; kappa)
Jan 28, 2018 11:52 AM
Nov 2017
Discord username: 🌺Maddie-chan🌺 #0917
Timezone: EST (Eastern Standard Time)
Active times: M-Th. 5:30-7-30 p.m. Weekends until 7 or 9 p.m.
Experience: Manager of a small private Discord server made up of several close friends.

What am I Like?
I am described by teachers, family, and friends as a creative and smart and super friendly. While not doing schoolwork, you usually see me drawing, singing and chatting on Discord. I am very friendly and can make friends with anyone. With it comes to conflict, I can manage to cool down people and try to switch the topic to keep the peace, and I will do what is necessary to solve the issue. I have been in the server for almost a year and have seen many conflicts and wishing that I could help out.

Why do I want to be a Event Committee Member?
My intentions for becoming an event committee member is to create new and fun events and draw more people into the server. Adding new game events like slither.io and creative events like photoshopping to bring variety. Making others happy and seeing satisfaction among others makes me happy that I was able to help and make it fun.

Final Words
I hope that you would consider my application. I look forward to hopefully helping the server :3
Feb 3, 2018 5:23 AM
Jul 2017
Name Icy#6290
My application is up there I really wanna be event committee.
Feb 12, 2018 9:11 AM
Jan 2018
Discord: GoAlpha#7218
Timezone: Western Australia (AWST 8:00+)
How long am I available for?: I am available everyday from 3pm to 10pm on weekdays and basically all day on weekends.

What events can I run?: Game meet ups like Overwatch, Fortnite, etc. I can also run 1v1 tournaments on games like Rocket League or Hearthstone. I can run meme events because I love my memes. I could basically run anything when put up to it.

What sets me apart is that I am always chill and that I am always good at orginising events because of my own discord server, including the fact that I can do both really well and never be pressured into anything and have great problem solving skills because of it.
Feb 15, 2018 12:08 AM
Feb 2018
[ Username ]: Bløssom#1184
[ Timezone ]: Pacific Time Zone (GMT-8)

[ Types of Events ]:

• Gaming Events
    - League of Legends ( Mainly )
    - Fortnite
  • Karaoke Events
    - Singing Competitions ( Mainly )

[ Experience ]:

• Experience Manager
  • Photoshops
  • Sings & Plays Video Games

I have previously been an Event Manager before on Discord on a known big community called, New Game!. Furthermore, I know the expectations and the dedication it takes to fully be an Event Manger. I was their Event and Gaming Manager and I was very active and tried to come up with new creative and interesting ideas. To boost my efforts, I really do have a passion for creating ideas when it comes to events. Once I get emerged into something I really want to do, I put my all into it and enjoy my time dealing with it! I feel like a big part of being an Event Manager is doing what you love as well as trying your best at making others happy and fulfill others interests with certain events. I've done Gaming events like League of Legends and Karaoke Events. I am semi-experienced with Photoshop and am capable of doing things like banners etc. I enjoy using Photoshop to work with my skills and make fun and exciting things. I still have a long way to go to be professional with it, but It's one of the things I really enjoy doing!

Honestly, I have been really thinking about Karaoke Events. I have been singing on multiple Discord servers because singing & guitar is one of my main passions, and is my most favorite hobby. I would really love to setup a specific kind of Karaoke Event such as a talent show competition as they are always something people like to join and would be interesting to do. Many people really do enjoy karaoke and seeing other people sing and such. I would really like to grow the singing community in MAC.

But for League, I play a lot of League of Legends. I think it would be a really fun opportunity for me to host one, and I have actually hosted a League of Legends tourney in the past. It was a lot of stress, time, and effort, but I will use my old experience to make a better and more exciting one!

[ Why Makes Me More Unique from Others? ]:
- Organization

I am a great organizer. When it comes to organizing, I am very precise and neat. Such as, if I saw something messy in my room, just even a tiny detail, I would immediately freak out and organize it neatly. I know I am an organize freak.
- Dedication
Once I’m really dedicated to do something, I put a lot of time and effort to things I really enjoy doing. Especially school projects, I do it all accordingly in a certain creative way lmao. Especially events, I love thinking of new ideas and sharing them with others, I really like to create good content with fellow managers from passed experience. It’s really an enjoyment of mine when it came to thinking ideas for events.
- Creativity
I know most people have this characteristic, but I feel like when I’m thinking about ideas, I think about a lot of alternatives, solutions, or improvements for an idea. I’ve been doing art since I was a kid, as in entering competitions and such, and from that, I feel as I can pull up artistic and creative ideas for the growth of the community. I'm not trying to say that i'm all that just because of my past accomplishments, but to use the skills and abilities i've learned and use it towards the server!

- I recently have not been super active in the server due to certain reasons, but if I do happen to get the privilege of being an Events Manager, I will put my best efforts and everything I've got to it, cause that's what I am all about.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I know this was a very long application, and I hope I've convinced you enough to let me be a part of your wonderful staff. I hope you have a wonderful day!!

Feb 15, 2018 1:47 AM
Feb 2018
Discord Username: Loli^^#9279
Timezone: GMT+7
There are all type of event I can organize:
Gaming Event, Create Event, Art & Design Event , Karaoke Events and Writing Events
Experienced: Before I join MAC server, I used to host events in more server as OtakuOnsen , Subarashii Dere and Charlotte server. I know how to use Photoshop, that mean I can design great banners for my great events instead of asking for design. I always have more experienced because I organized more event in Subarashii Dere, I can make people feel happy and wanna have more active in server.
———
If you choose me as become Events Committee, This is a commitment of all my events
1. I i will organize event 3 time a week , Special event is 1 time a week
2. My event won’t never break of rules
3. We can enjoy in my event
I hope you choose me
Apr 24, 2018 7:18 PM
Mar 2018
POTATO'S EVENT COMMITTEE APPLICATION!

USERNAME:potato#7085
BIRTHNAME:Layne
TIMEZONE:CDT
ACTIVE TIMES:generally 7-10pm

IDEAL EVENTS:
1. I would like to make some careoke events because music is great 😍
2. I would also like to host gaming events such as small csgo tourneys, ect.
3. Another ideal event would be an anime questionnaire (small anime quizzes where the person with the best score wins)
4. Lastly I would like to do a monthly "most popular" contest where the months "most popular" gets a role named "most popular" until the next month where everyone votes for their favorite person on the server (tatsumi will probably win that a lot however)

WHAT MAKES ME SPECIAL ❤️:
I frequently am thinking of ways to improve many things and, when I put my mind to it can come up with some good events to do, I am also relatively observative and can tell when an even is not popular.

PRIOR EXPERIENCE:
Unfortunately I have no prior official experience, however I hosted many successful tournament events in my clan in Clash Royale and had a lot of fun doing so.

FINAL WORDS:I would just like to say thank you for your consideration ❤️.
May 5, 2018 6:19 PM
Dec 2017
I'd like to reapply for Event Committee as there is no one at the moment in position. I apologize for my misbehavior and learned my lesson. My application is above^^^
May 14, 2018 8:05 AM
May 2018
Name: Matty | NotMatt#6652

Timezone: GMT+8

Events: I can host events like Art, Photography, Quizzes, Story Making and prolly an event that hasn't been done in MAC before.

Experience: I was former Event Committee u.u

What sets me apart from the rest: I am Matty.

PS: >:c lemme join so I can finally make art events. Thank you and have a nice day.
May 26, 2018 8:22 AM
Mar 2018
Discord name: Taiga#2501

Timezone: EST

Events: Art, Poems, Creative ideas, Photos.

Experience: Ive had some experience running events in games ive played with clans and such. Normally with a 40+ member participation.

What sets me apart from others: Im a pretty creative person when it comes to creating things and thinking of ideas to make a fun experience for everyone who participates. I think i can show my full potential doing events to keep things fun.

-Taiga#2501
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» We are looking for Staff! ( 1 2 )

Etoile - Oct 31, 2016

61 by ACasualViewer »»
May 23, 2018 3:17 PM

» I got banned or striked, why?

Etoile - Jul 24, 2017

9 by IcyisWet »»
Apr 7, 2018 6:21 AM

» Extended guide on bots

Helryk - Dec 30, 2017

0 by Helryk »»
Dec 30, 2017 1:06 PM

» 2017-09-01

Etoile - Sep 1, 2017

0 by Etoile »»
Sep 1, 2017 11:08 AM

» Discord Server Info!

yuzuflavored - Nov 14, 2016

0 by yuzuflavored »»
Nov 14, 2016 2:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.