Forum Settings
Forums
Nov 10, 2016 11:21 AM
Listen, I know that I don't talk much; Anime isn't my strong topic because, let's be honest, I don't like it very much at all. Yet, invariably, The New 1st Place is already in place. And while I haven't have a chance to watch it, I hope to, considering that it has a legitimate way for me to view it because I never stream illegally, as have become my habit in counteraction to my growing up's habit of watchng bootleg copies of non-anime stuff that my father bought.

Look, this isn't my line. Yet, I'm still curious: "What's so special about this New #1 Anyway?"

"You think Clannad and it's afterstory is Life Affirming?! Wait till you see Room (2015), it'll change your tune."

Nov 15, 2016 9:14 PM

?? what do you mean ?

Nov 16, 2016 8:33 AM
I mean, the new throne taker on the top of MAL list. You see?

Nov 16, 2016 8:34 AM
I haven't seen it yet, I will wait for a legitimate opportunity.

Dec 22, 2016 6:43 AM

ahhh~ well I've watched it.
Though it's cheesy and not overall super new, for it's genre it's really good.

1. It's romance.
I think it was well done. You don't get over the top clingy girl or annoying triangle. And the pace at which they fell for one another is really nice.
I like the background they set for both characters too. The friends were adorable, but did not intrude on the main story. Music, timing, and seiyuu made the emotions came to life.
Basically it was the kind of story where we root for the characters instead of that "I want to puke" kind of nauseous when they speak :/

2. Supernatural
Can't say much here. To me, a good supernatural is one that is enjoyable and does not leave too much of a "WHAT THE?! That makes no sense! Absolutely none!"
So using this for the base setting is pretty cool. It was hinted from the start about why and how this was possible. Given who the girl character is and her line of family, it goes well with their beliefs.

I wouldn't vote for no 1, but if the anime touches a lot of people across the globe then yes, it definitely earned itself that No. 1.