Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 26, 2016 2:26 AM

Sep 2008
I absolutely adore every single manga that provides a lot of blood and violence including a fantastic and mind-blowing plot like Berserk, Dorohedoro, Vagabond, Blade of the Immortal, etc.

But I truly hate all this Shingeki no Kyoujin and Tokyo Ghoul stuff that only delivers fanboy and fangirl fantasies without providing an interesting plot (sorry, fanboys and fangirls, but the truth has been spoken).
I've tried other series like Hakaijuu and Okite Nemuru, as many recommended it... but I got disappointed again.

So does anyone know something interesting that keeps my mind focused even with a lot of gore? Actually, it doesn't matter if it's manga or anime, however most anime tend to be censored – so yeah, would be nice, if you could help me out here. My favorites Dorohedoro und Berserk update only once in a lifetime, so I need some distraction...
Sep 26, 2016 3:09 AM

Feb 2013
shin angyo onshi (dark fantasy, similar to berserk and it has an awesome mc)

alice in borderlands (deathgame manga... rly good art and the games are well done (1st 2 games are the most boring ones though)
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Sep 26, 2016 3:31 AM

Sep 2008
Smooki said:

alice in borderlands (deathgame manga... rly good art and the games are well done (1st 2 games are the most boring ones though)

Thanks, to be honest, I've already read some parts of Shin Angyo Onshi... but it was German, and I couldn't continue because the translation was terrible. But I'll give it a try again ;D
Sep 26, 2016 3:56 AM

Feb 2013
haruhiism00 said:
Smooki said:

Thanks, to be honest, I've already read some parts of Shin Angyo Onshi... but it was German, and I couldn't continue because the translation was terrible. But I'll give it a try again ;D

you should it is good :P
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Sep 26, 2016 3:58 AM
Jul 2018
If you don't mind metaphors and rehearsal of the old-good-classics (Frankenstein, some crazy Roman's emperor, nazism…), Litchi Hikari Club is really great.

Though, it is a metaphor manga, don't expect a Game of Throne-like plot or something in the like. The goal of that manga/plot is to convey a point of view, a message, the plot is rather simple, but not stupid or dumb.
And using the ero-guro register of the horror genre, there is obviously stuffs for fan-girls, since that register is a mixture of eroticism and gore.
Sep 26, 2016 4:01 AM

Sep 2008
lady_freyja said:
If you don't mind metaphors and rehearsal of the old-good-classics (Frankenstein, some crazy Roman's emperor, nazism…), Litchi Hikari Club is really great.

Though, it is a metaphor manga, don't expect a Game of Throne-like plot or something in the like. The goal of that manga/plot is to convey a point of view, a message, the plot is rather simple, but not stupid or dumb.
And using the ero-guro register of the horror genre, there is obviously stuffs for fan-girls, since that register is a mixture of eroticism and gore.

I've only heard that it reminds some ppl of Uzumaki, which was kinda good tbh. Thanks for the recommendation anyway. I'll give it a try, especially because it's really short.
Sep 26, 2016 4:33 AM
Jul 2018
haruhiism00 said:
I've only heard that it reminds some ppl of Uzumaki

Just saying: never heard of that manga, but it looks great, so thank you, I'll look into it. へへ

More topics from this board

» RomCom Suggestions for someone who's seen a lot of em

Benassiesto - Yesterday

6 by RaiYou »»
12 minutes ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - Yesterday

4 by Zarutaku »»
2 hours ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Apr 22

7 by LoveYourEyes »»
4 hours ago

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

20 by windyshadow »»
7 hours ago

» Looking for Solo Leveling kind of anime

RiasuSama - Apr 16

9 by AnimeDownUnder »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.