Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 13, 2016 2:50 AM

Apr 2011
I recently bought a new mouse (around 3 months ago), it's a logitech M171. For the first month, it worked perfectly. Since then, the scroll fucks up over and over again. I don't really know how to explain what's wrong, so bear with me.

When I press the scroll, it could randomly jerk upwards or downwards as if I had scrolled instead and scrolling would be negatively read at times (scroll up > it goes down, scroll down > it goes up). Can this be fixed without buying a new one?
Jul 13, 2016 3:43 AM

Jan 2015
I'm not sure if this can be fixed, have you tried reinstalling the mouse's software?

Jul 13, 2016 3:48 AM

May 2016
yhunata said:
I recently bought a new mouse (around 3 months ago), it's a logitech M171. For the first month, it worked perfectly. Since then, the scroll fucks up over and over again. I don't really know how to explain what's wrong, so bear with me.

When I press the scroll, it could randomly jerk upwards or downwards as if I had scrolled instead and scrolling would be negatively read at times (scroll up > it goes down, scroll down > it goes up). Can this be fixed without buying a new one?

I understood what you mean, let me ask, do you have windows 10?
Jul 13, 2016 4:22 AM

Apr 2011
Elanin said:
yhunata said:

I've got a shitty old laptop, so nope.
Jul 13, 2016 11:30 AM
Jul 2018
My mouse is also behaving strangely. I bought it only one month ago. Sometimes it doesn't click, sometimes it stops moving. Any help?
Jul 13, 2016 1:38 PM

May 2016
yhunata said:
Elanin said:

I've got a shitty old laptop, so nope.

Aww.. Coz i have the same problem with windows 10 and my mouse is brand new. I think it's because the CPU is overloading that's why the mouse is "active" like this. It affects the performance..
Jul 13, 2016 2:38 PM

Aug 2014
Have you tried using your mouse on a different PC/laptop? If it works fine on others, then your mouse is not too blame.

You could try re-installing the drivers. Also, most Logitech mice have separate programs that allows people to adjust their mouse settings. Take a look on their site and see if they have any programs available for your mouse.
Jul 14, 2016 4:54 AM

Oct 2015
To me it sounds as if that logitech mouse is not really suited to your hand, resp. your handling the mouse is not how logitech expects it / not perfect enough.
Did you change sth. ? New mousepad, different default positioning you/hand/mouse ?

Atm. I still have this microsoft mouse where for the scroll to work as a button, my "press" movement has to be within a rather narrow "direction" margin (vocabulary?) AND the mouse may not move in the slightest while I do so.
That is not alsways easy - my hands are big, the mouse glides very easily, and depending on the mouse's / my hand's position/ my low attention - it may happen that the mouse moves a tiny bit while I press the button - and then happens pretty much what you described : scroll lock, which then results in unwanted behaviour.
How exactly that unwanted bahaviour is I guess depends on settings in the mouse driver/ mouse-customising software.
And I guess "mouse gestures" may interfere here or there - I would not know, I disabled those since I only screwed up with them. Try what happens with mouse-gestures disabled.

PS - at least for this microsoft mouse here, UNinstsalling the extra software for it and just going with the windows mouse drivers / settings dialogues for me worked out better. (windows 7)
BannoBunka_snorkJul 14, 2016 4:58 AM
*darn, using my right hand is off-limits for a while. Typing with my left hand only is ... eww.*
Jul 15, 2016 1:56 AM

Feb 2016
Go buy yourself a Red Dragon gaming mouse. They're super duper cheap and the build quality is outstanding.

Logitechs always let me down.
Jul 15, 2016 6:40 AM

Dec 2015
Mouses are bad. Try to research into a good one and get that. No need to stick with trash.

More topics from this board

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

523 by lcee_15 »»
56 minutes ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

141 by Kajiuran »»
3 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
Yesterday, 9:54 PM

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
Yesterday, 6:16 PM

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.