Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (92) « First ... « 90 91 [92]
Jul 19, 2023 8:59 AM
Jul 2023
Karasian said:

Ah okay, that's great then!
Oh wow, visiting all those places in 12 days must've been quite a lot of input, though I plan to do something similarly stacked x)
Since you had a hotel in Asakusa, did you stay in a Ryokan or a "normal" hotel?

Sorry for responding so late! In order to keep our classes contained, we stayed in a hostel but with a private room. Unfortunately, we had to save money on something 😥
However, we booked a night in a Ryokan in Kyoto and it was a great experience, they even gave us Yukatas for the night, and had tea ready with the whole ceremonial set!
Jul 19, 2023 9:46 AM
Unicorn Lover

Mar 2019
Ah, so you still got your unique experience in one, not too bad!
Sounds like a really nice service ^^
Don't know how to answer my post? Just click
on "Quick Reply" and mention me with @Karasian

★彡[ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀɪᴛʏ]彡★
Jul 25, 2023 3:51 PM
Jul 2018
Hello everyone! My name is Valerie ( Val for short is fine). I'm 34 and live in the US. I'm new to MAL and wanted to join the site in order to keep track of all the manga series I'm reading and collecting and of course to meet new people with similar interests. I'm not sure how I feel about the site yet for tracking, but I'm enjoying the community aspect of it so far. I'm no stranger to anime and manga. I've been reading and watching series since probably 2008, but never properly tracked them. I'm hoping to do that with MAL. I want to slowly add things as I remember them so hopefully I can remember them all lol. A couple of old favorites are Saiyuki and Clannad. I tend to read more manga though. My favorite genres are romance and slice of life, but I will read anything that seems interesting and has a great art style. Fruits Basket is still my favorite. I'm a big reader in general. I love to read novels when im not reading manga. I also spend a lot of time playing video games on my Switch and PS4. It's nice to meet everyone, and I look forward to having discussions and getting new recommendations! 
Jul 25, 2023 10:05 PM
Unicorn Lover

Mar 2019
Val13012 said:
Hello everyone! My name is Valerie ( Val for short is fine). I'm 34 and live in the US. I'm new to MAL and wanted to join the site in order to keep track of all the manga series I'm reading and collecting and of course to meet new people with similar interests.
[...]

Welcome to The Newbie Club Val!
So you are collecting physical copies as well? How much space is there left? x)
MAL's manga database is a bit lacking to be honest and you might be better off on other sites if you want to list all your manga - but the social aspect is nice indeed ^^
Best of luck that you manage to remember everything you read, I think especially with manga that can be harder at times ○( ^皿^)っ

Do you have any favourite game or game series?

★彡[ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀɪᴛʏ]彡★
Jul 25, 2023 10:25 PM
Jul 2018
Karasian said:
Val13012 said:
Hello everyone! My name is Valerie ( Val for short is fine). I'm 34 and live in the US. I'm new to MAL and wanted to join the site in order to keep track of all the manga series I'm reading and collecting and of course to meet new people with similar interests.
[...]

Welcome to The Newbie Club Val!
So you are collecting physical copies as well? How much space is there left? x)
MAL's manga database is a bit lacking to be honest and you might be better off on other sites if you want to list all your manga - but the social aspect is nice indeed ^^
Best of luck that you manage to remember everything you read, I think especially with manga that can be harder at times ○( ^皿^)っ

Do you have any favourite game or game series?
I collect physical manga volumes of the series that are my favorites. I don't collect everything so it's not like I have thousands. 
Aug 7, 2023 9:01 PM
Mar 2023
Hello my name is Filipe, I am 19 and I was born in Madeira, which is a small island owned by the portuguese but I grew up in England. I joined MAL after watched youtubers such as: The Trash Taste Podcast, Pewdiepie, CDwagVA, ect... and from the good and comforting experiences they had meeting new people on the website I thought I would give it a go! The first anime I ever watched was probably the original pokemon (if we are counting that). If not then it would be the original Dragon Ball. Favourite anime is probably also Dragon Ball since I have quite a few tattoos of dragon ball so I am a proper otaku. I only started properly watching anime for around a year and I am currently learning Japanese as a third language as I dream of moving there in the future. Favourite genres is quite literally anything THAT IS NOT AN ISEKAI lmao. Other than watching anime and learning japanese, I enjoy playing video games and getting tattoos.

Also make sure to send a friend request! would love to know some new people and oh yeah... If i was to be political leaning to anything, it would be as a Jaegerist supporter :)
Aug 9, 2023 1:58 PM
Unicorn Lover

Mar 2019
filipesantxs said:
Hello my name is Filipe, I am 19 and I was born in Madeira, which is a small island owned by the portuguese but I grew up in England. I joined MAL after watched youtubers
[...]

Ah, I know Madeira from the tons of German Youtubers moving there x)

Anyway it's great to meet you Filipe! Good ol' Dragon Ball as starter, my first conscious contact with anime was with a DB game ^^
Oooh, if you are comfortable with telling, where do you have your Dragon Ball tattoos?

I have a similar stance regarding isekai although I did make a [i]few[/] exceptions lmao. I wish you the best learning Japanese!

★彡[ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀɪᴛʏ]彡★
Aug 9, 2023 11:24 PM
Aug 2023
Hi ^.^ I'm Yuki (online anyway.)

I wouldn't call myself a newbie, in the strict sense. I've been technically watching anime since I was in elementary school, as I've always had a sort of obsession with Japan. I got REALLY into anime around middle school, then I had a falling out with my friends at the time. Because I'm blind, This made watching anime very hard, as I didn't have people I could rely on to read subtitles. I got super into audio drama podcast because they're more accessible to me, and also tend to be LGBT. I wanna get back into it a little bit, so thats why I'm here. I am sorta relegated to dubbed anime though. 

My favorite genres are shojo, GL, BL and comedy. My absolute favorite anime are Fruits Basket, and The Royal Tutor.
Aug 11, 2023 1:44 AM
Mar 2023
Karasian said:
filipesantxs said:
Hello my name is Filipe, I am 19 and I was born in Madeira, which is a small island owned by the portuguese but I grew up in England. I joined MAL after watched youtubers
[...]

Ah, I know Madeira from the tons of German Youtubers moving there x)

Anyway it's great to meet you Filipe! Good ol' Dragon Ball as starter, my first conscious contact with anime was with a DB game ^^
Oooh, if you are comfortable with telling, where do you have your Dragon Ball tattoos?

I have a similar stance regarding isekai although I did make a [i]few[/] exceptions lmao. I wish you the best learning Japanese!

i got goku and krillin from the og DB on my right arm, and a half forearm piece of beerus but i plan on adding more to my left arm and i got a cute lil squirtle on my left leg lmao
Aug 17, 2023 10:04 PM

Jul 2021
Hello Newbies!~ ( ´~`ヾ)

My name is Elizabeth and I’m from the US! I started watching anime when I was young but stopped because I was getting bullied for it! But now that anime seems to be getting popular I’ve started watching again! And this time I want to rewatch as much anime as I can, and catch up on any I missed so any and all recs are welcome! I remember the first anime I had watched were Pokémon, Hamtaro, Black Butler and Soul Eater! Definitely plan to rewatch those soon! To get back in the swing of things, I am participating in an 80s and 90s anime watching challenge, so any specific oldies you want to recommend will be appreciated!

A bit about myself: I love cats and have three, I’m pretty good at art, and my brother and I are making our own manga! I am currently teaching myself Spanish and Japanese, though I’m not very good at either yet! And I love to play video games! That’s about all I can think of, sorry I’m not too interesting! But again, if you have an anime you’d love to recommend or are looking for a friend I’m here!

Nice to meet you!
Aug 18, 2023 12:20 PM
Unicorn Lover

Mar 2019
cechx-mix said:
Hello Newbies!~ ( ´~`ヾ)

My name is Elizabeth and I’m from the US! I started watching anime when I was young but stopped because I was getting bullied for it! But now that anime seems to be getting popular I’ve started watching again! And this time I want to rewatch as much anime as I can, and catch up on any I missed so any and all recs are welcome!
[...]

A pleasure to meet you Elizabeth!
Sorry to hear you were bullied back then, it's true that times have changed a lot so it's great that you came back to anime ^^
I'm the type of person who prefers modern animation however I'll definitely recommend watching Bocchi the Rock for some really fun moments!

Creating your own manga is an amazing project - so I assume you are taking care of the art? Is your brother taking care of the plot or how's the distribution of the elements for your manga? Very curious (and interesting!), which is why I'm asking ( •̀ ω •́ )✧

★彡[ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀɪᴛʏ]彡★
Sep 23, 2023 11:28 AM
Sep 2023
Hi, I'm Seraphly, I'm 18 from Australia and new to MAL. ଘ(*. .)੭
I joined MAL to mainly keep track of my anime and manga because I forget a lot of what I've watched over the years since I was like 6yrs old. I don't really know anyone close enough or who are interested in anime IRL so it'd be nice to meet people with a shared interest. I'm interested in slice-of-life or cute fluffy romance animes and manga now, but I can't turn down comedy either. Though I'm not into most popular animes like Boku no Hero, Naruto, Demon Slayer ( I did read the manga for it, pretty alright) Komi Can't Communicate, Attack on Titan, etc. nothing against people who like them just not my type. I also love bad animes like Diabolik Lovers, so bad it's hilarious. I don't mind any recommendations people would have tho :)

I also have 2 conventions (one is more of an anime Japanese event) coming up next month and I'm going solo and to an after-party so any advice is appreciated, I'm going as maid Xiao :D hope I don't get harassed on the bus haha jk.
It's nice to meet you all, send a friend request if you want to talk
Sep 23, 2023 11:47 AM
Unicorn Lover

Mar 2019
@Seraphly
Welcome to MAL Seraph!
Ah so you never had any form of tracking your anime? Must be quite the task to remember them all then, will probably never end to suddenly remember another anime x)
Slice of life and CGDCT fluff is right up my alley ^^ Shounen is the same for me, most don't catch m e quite as much as it does for others.

I hope you enjoy those two conventions! I don't visit them that often but what can I say, don't overthink things and just do what you enjoy ( •̀ ω •́ )✧

★彡[ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀɪᴛʏ]彡★
Oct 8, 2023 10:57 PM

Jul 2022
Hello from USA

My name is [as shown in my profile] and I started anime sometime in 2011.
My first anime is perhaps One Piece
My favorite anime of all time has to be A Certain Scientific Railgun (Toaru Kagaku no Railgun). Legendary soundtrack and OSTs, epic choreography, amazing world-building, as well as having the perfect mix of slice-of-life, comedy, yuri, psychological, morality, and character development.
A close second is Steins;Gate 0 due to its sublime soundwork and emotional impact.
I joined MAL in 2022 to keep track of my list, like most of us initially.
My favorite genres are sci-fi, slice-of-life, military, yuri, comedy, and psychological.
That's it for my introduction.

Ha det bra! - Frenda Seiverlun, A Certain Scientific Railgun T
Oct 9, 2023 9:02 AM
Unicorn Lover

Mar 2019
Reply to khoisharky
Hello from USA

My name is [as shown in my profile] and I started anime sometime in 2011.
My first anime is perhaps One Piece
My favorite anime of all time has to be A Certain Scientific Railgun (Toaru Kagaku no Railgun). Legendary soundtrack and OSTs, epic choreography, amazing world-building, as well as having the perfect mix of slice-of-life, comedy, yuri, psychological, morality, and character development.
A close second is Steins;Gate 0 due to its sublime soundwork and emotional impact.
I joined MAL in 2022 to keep track of my list, like most of us initially.
My favorite genres are sci-fi, slice-of-life, military, yuri, comedy, and psychological.
That's it for my introduction.

Ha det bra! - Frenda Seiverlun, A Certain Scientific Railgun T
@khoisharky
Hello hello and welcome to TNC Khoi!
I still have to start the Toaru franchise but I'm very much looking forward to it - already a fan of fripSide after hearing the OPs here and there ^^
Did you previously use anything to keep track of your stuff? Something like a good ol' spreadsheet? x)

★彡[ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀɪᴛʏ]彡★
Oct 9, 2023 1:00 PM

Jul 2022
Reply to Karasian
@khoisharky
I still have to start the Toaru franchise but I'm very much looking forward to it - already a fan of fripSide after hearing the OPs here and there ^^
Did you previously use anything to keep track of your stuff? Something like a good ol' spreadsheet? x)
@Karasian A, get this: Notebook
Oct 9, 2023 1:01 PM
Unicorn Lover

Mar 2019
@khoisharky Ahah, the good ol' reliable! Definitely would've been too lazy for that lmao

★彡[ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀɪᴛʏ]彡★
Oct 9, 2023 1:10 PM

Jul 2022
Reply to Karasian
@khoisharky
@Karasian Also, forgot to mention
If you are going into A Certain Magical Index, read the LNs, it covers a lot more stuff than the anime.
The LNs are in their own rights, masterpieces, notably Old Testament volume 3 and New Testament volume 9.
If you do insist on anime though, then watch Index I and II, then go to LNs since Index III is subpar.
Oct 9, 2023 1:11 PM
Unicorn Lover

Mar 2019
I see, I'll keep that in mind - yeah I don't know what watch order I'll be going for, will decide on that when I get to it :D

★彡[ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀɪᴛʏ]彡★
Oct 12, 2023 12:50 AM
Jul 2018
Hey guys, I'm Trailint (not my real name) and im from Canada. My first anime was pokemon, but when I started getting serious about anime it was Blue Lock. My favorite anime is shield hero and my favorite manga is Black Clover. I plan to become a singer when I get out of school and I like fantasy, shounen, and the isekai genre.

I'm a dude by the way
Oct 12, 2023 7:36 AM
Unicorn Lover

Mar 2019
@Trailant
Welcome to the club Trailint!
Blue Lock must've been a great starter especially with that amazing hype back then x)
I wish you the best in becoming a singer ^^ What genre do you aim for? Or what music are you currently listening to?

★彡[ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀɪᴛʏ]彡★
Oct 12, 2023 7:50 AM
Jul 2018
Reply to Karasian
@Trailant
Welcome to the club Trailint!
Blue Lock must've been a great starter especially with that amazing hype back then x)
I wish you the best in becoming a singer ^^ What genre do you aim for? Or what music are you currently listening to?
@Karasian Thx and I like Fantasy Isekai and Shounen
Oct 26, 2023 11:01 AM

Oct 2023
Haii! I'm not the best at writing this kind of stuff so fair warning >.<
My name is Cohana/Chloe & I'm from the US est, I just recently joined MAL because I want to expand my knowledge & meet new ppl with similar interest. & potentially make a few friends along the way! My favorite anime of all time would have to be the original fruits basket because it was also my first anime I ever watched, & have been in love with the art style & everything about the culture.

I'm shy but I feel confident in this group & community so thank you for listening. ໒꒰՞ ܸ. .ܸ՞꒱ა
Main Candy:
Bonus Candy:
Oct 27, 2023 5:30 PM
Unicorn Lover

Mar 2019
@Cohana
Dw, that was a nice introduction to yourself!
It's great to have you here Chloe, I'm really looking forward to get into Fruits Basket ^^
Although I'll likely watch the 2019 remake, have you seen that one as well?

Also super cute profile pic, I'm in love with Sencha's artworks!

★彡[ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀɪᴛʏ]彡★
Oct 27, 2023 5:36 PM

Oct 2023
@karasian thank UU, glad to be here <3
CohanaOct 27, 2023 5:43 PM
Main Candy:
Bonus Candy:
Oct 28, 2023 1:49 PM
Jul 2018
ACHTUNG! ACHTUNG! I forgot to introduce myself here
Oct 31, 2023 8:27 AM
Oct 2023
Hey there, I am tater_tots11x3 from Minnesota, USA I started watching anime when I was a little kid. I watched things like Spirited Away, Digimon and Sailor Moon. I remember watching Sailor Moon with one of my friends at school and then we would use to act out the characters and always fought over who would get to play Sailor Moon lol because at the time that was both of our favorite characters. Once I got older, I stopped watching anime for some time and I didn't pick it back up until my later 20's. I started watching things like One Piece and Inyusha pretty much whatever was popular on Netflix at the time. After that I got some recommendations from my cousin who has been into anime her entire life. She suggested things like Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic and Black Clover. I like a lot of Shonen Jump anime but honestly, I am open to any genre. I recently have been getting into more romance and reverse harem genres. But I am honestly on a discovery to find those hidden gems or unrated anime that people don't watch as much. So, if you have any recommendations I would totally be interested. Hope to find new friends here and talk about our love of anime! :)
Oct 31, 2023 9:05 AM
Unicorn Lover

Mar 2019
@tater_tots11x3
Hey there, welcome to TNC!
I see you were starting with the classics, glad to hear you had a friend who was also into Sailor Moon in your beginnings ^^
Can see that you cousing gave some good recs! For something that is lesser known that I enjoyed a lot I recommend checking out Mitsuboshi Colors, it's a super wholesome and fun watch that revitalized a huge amount of childhood memories for me x)

★彡[ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀɪᴛʏ]彡★
Oct 31, 2023 10:16 AM
Oct 2023
Reply to Karasian
@tater_tots11x3
Hey there, welcome to TNC!
I see you were starting with the classics, glad to hear you had a friend who was also into Sailor Moon in your beginnings ^^
Can see that you cousing gave some good recs! For something that is lesser known that I enjoyed a lot I recommend checking out Mitsuboshi Colors, it's a super wholesome and fun watch that revitalized a huge amount of childhood memories for me x)
@Karasian
Hey!
I definitely started out with the classics; I was so glad that I had friend who also loved Sailor Moon it is still one of my favorites because of those memories. :) My cousin was a great source for recs and she still gives me recs and vise versa since I am more into anime now. Thank you for the rec I am definitely going to check that out! :)
Oct 31, 2023 8:03 PM

Jul 2022
Levi from Brazil o/
> Hi! I'm Levi from Brazil
Nov 16, 2023 12:59 AM
Nov 2023
Hi , my name is sukunafan . I just discovered anime recently. I am in my early teenage but I like watching serious stuff. Death note is my favourite anime. I am not into romance genre . Hope I will find many friends here .
Nov 16, 2023 7:12 AM
Unicorn Lover

Mar 2019
@irlLevi
Heyo and welcome Levi!

@sukunafan246
Great to have you sukunafan ^^
Luckily there's a whole lot of genre x) Seeing how much you enjoyed Madoka I definitely recommend watching the 3rd movie which is a sequel! There's also a 4th movie to come and I'm really looking forward to it ( •̀ ω •́ )✧

★彡[ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀɪᴛʏ]彡★
Feb 20, 8:50 PM

Sep 2021
Hi everyone. My name is Luka, I'm 19 and I'm from Merseyside, England. I first got into anime when my friend showed me One Punch Man a few years ago. I'm not really someone who has favourite genres but there are definitely themes and tropes that appeal to me. I tend to like anime that are really surreal, absurd or psychological (or angsty if I'm being honest) but there is also a place in my heart for the cute girl slice of life shows as well. I tend not to like fanservice-heavy shows as they usually break my immersion. Some of my favourite anime are Space Dandy, FLCL, Paranoia Agent, Azumanga Daioh, K-On, Evangelion, Panty and Stocking, Sonny boy etc.. I've only just started reading manga a few weeks ago so I wouldn't say I have favourites yet. Anyway that's about it, nice to meet you.
Feb 21, 11:42 AM
Unicorn Lover

Mar 2019
Reply to pwrppcwgrl_anime
Hi everyone. My name is Luka, I'm 19 and I'm from Merseyside, England. I first got into anime when my friend showed me One Punch Man a few years ago. I'm not really someone who has favourite genres but there are definitely themes and tropes that appeal to me. I tend to like anime that are really surreal, absurd or psychological (or angsty if I'm being honest) but there is also a place in my heart for the cute girl slice of life shows as well. I tend not to like fanservice-heavy shows as they usually break my immersion. Some of my favourite anime are Space Dandy, FLCL, Paranoia Agent, Azumanga Daioh, K-On, Evangelion, Panty and Stocking, Sonny boy etc.. I've only just started reading manga a few weeks ago so I wouldn't say I have favourites yet. Anyway that's about it, nice to meet you.
@pwrppcwgrl_anime Hey there Luka, nice to meet you!
One Punch Man was a great anime to start with, glad your friend introduced you to it ^^
Quite the diverse taste that you have, I'm solely into the CGDCT side x)

Wish you the best of luck with manga, what did you start with? A whole new world in terms of storytelling awaits you, can be overwhelming so personally I'm not going into them that much.

★彡[ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀɪᴛʏ]彡★
Mar 14, 10:21 AM
Feb 2024
Hello !!
My Name Is ViChia from Indonesia
(sorry for my bad English )

i really like shokugeki no souma and kissxsis

thank you ^^
Mar 14, 10:25 AM
Unicorn Lover

Mar 2019
Reply to vivi_rancia9
Hello !!
My Name Is ViChia from Indonesia
(sorry for my bad English )

i really like shokugeki no souma and kissxsis

thank you ^^
@vivi_rancia9 Welcome to TNC ViChia!
Don't worry about your English, it will only get better as you practice it more ^^

Still have to get into Shokugeki no Souma, high episode counts often scare me as I prefer 12-episode shows xD
Do you have a favourite character from there?

★彡[ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀɪᴛʏ]彡★
Mar 26, 8:25 PM

Mar 2024
Hello guys new to the site and anime. I'm having a blast so far. Hope everyone is well <3
Mar 26, 11:35 PM
Unicorn Lover

Mar 2019
Very glad to hear that! @KokoroEnoMesseji
It's great to have you, feel free to ask me anytime should any question or concern come up ^^
And that's an epic looking profile pic xD

★彡[ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀɪᴛʏ]彡★
Mar 27, 11:29 AM

Mar 2024
@Karasian thank you very much ^^
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (92) « First ... « 90 91 [92]

More topics from this board

» [GAMES] Count to 100,000 Part 3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Karasian - Jan 26, 2021

8331 by omorashi »»
Apr 16, 1:43 PM

» [GAMES] Count down from 100,000 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babyaki - Dec 4, 2020

6857 by omorashi »»
Apr 16, 1:43 PM

» [GAMES] Anime A-Z Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 8, 2017

4737 by Serafos »»
Apr 15, 11:21 PM

» I admit, I actually find Sailor Moon to be "girlier" than Tokyo Mew Mew and that's not a bad thing

removed-user - Feb 5

1 by Serafos »»
Apr 8, 8:20 AM

» Guys check my oil painting of Kimi no Na wa, Tenki no Ko, and Suzume no Tojimari.

mufarari - Jan 20

1 by Serafos »»
Apr 2, 8:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.