Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Do you like this episode?
Dec 25, 2015 11:57 PM

Apr 2015
Omg the ranking was 5000 the other day, now it's 8100...

This episode exceed my expectations, I like every single part of it. from the preview, I thought it's gonna be like other episode but no. This finale was well done. Best episode by far the best for me. Even better than tinkle and kira deco. If you don't know, tinkle, kira deco and magical change are the only seasons where the jewelpet and humans must leave each other. This is the best out of them. I liked this kind of ending. It's sad and make the episode better. Just wish the 'currently on the run'could be better like last one. Can't believe I'm saying this. I loved this episode and i cried on the inside. Magical Change will never make me cry because of the comedy, jokes and filler but this one beats it.
Seems like Larimar won't get another season. The human concept and the jewel watch won't pass on the next season.
The after credits, I feel when ruby came to see Airi's daughter, it was 7 years later but it shouldn't be. So Airi is now a mother? She is married?
Overall this episode is a good episode to end the series but not the season itself. It could be a good season if they do it properly.
All rumors we heard till now is all true except the 'Pearl' rumor it which that a new jewelpet will be introduced. Wish that rumor was also true.

For the ending song, the main cast sang together with X21. Although the main cast paste their song to Magical kiss. https://twitter.com/anime_jewelpet/status/680357059204780038

I started doing this summary review on episode 5 of magical change. I thought I could keep reviewing for the next season. Since there's no season 8. This 'might' be the last time I review. There is still a dream collection and a special episode though. It will air next week till end of January. Means we still have a month before it's completely over. Might review that.
The new fairy anime will air on saturday 9:30 am on japan replacing jewelpet time slot. If the anime goes will, it might get another season. At first I thought maybe jewelpet is on hiatus, But sanrio usually don't revisited their anime. I think hello kitty and my melody's merchandise is doing well but they don't get another anime so I kinda doubt it.
My heart is really sad right now, never felt that way before. Guess I'm going to do a marathon and after that, I'll move on. I will be watching the fairy anime though. Might do a review about it.
I also want to thank you guys for replying to all these discussions. Thank you. See you next week if there is a next time
Eluko-chanDec 26, 2015 1:24 AM
Dec 26, 2015 1:48 AM

Apr 2015
Forgot to mention that Luea really fit to be jewellina. Her hair, dress and the crown really fits her. Especially her hair as jewellina hair is suppose to be like that. Totally look jewellina-ish.

Just like lady jewelpet, she was top-mentor twice and in MC she is jewellina.

In the end, we never really see Airi's parents especially her mum
Eluko-chanDec 26, 2015 1:55 AM
Dec 26, 2015 8:08 AM
Feb 2012
blitzsparkz said:

I noticed that a bunch of people removed their ratings and that bumped the anime to be the 3rd highest rated JP on MAL. I'm glad it's back down. MC doesn't really deserve such a high rating... -_-;
Dec 26, 2015 9:00 AM

Apr 2015
Orion_Eden said:
blitzsparkz said:

I noticed that a bunch of people removed their ratings and that bumped the anime to be the 3rd highest rated JP on MAL. I'm glad it's back down. MC doesn't really deserve such a high rating... -_-;

Oh! why did they remove? For me, I thought 5000 was enough. Seeing it go 8105 is kinda sad. I know it's the weakest season but still....
Dec 26, 2015 9:38 AM
Feb 2012
blitzsparkz said:
Oh! why did they remove? For me, I thought 5000 was enough. Seeing it go 8105 is kinda sad. I know it's the weakest season but still....

I wouldn't know why.

Changing the subject, I have to say that I'm disappointed with how they handled the pets-turning-into-humans aspect. How many transformed? 12 out of 40? Talk about a waste of a gimmick.
Orion_EdenDec 26, 2015 9:39 AM
Dec 26, 2015 10:15 AM

Apr 2015
Orion_Eden said:
Changing the subject, I have to say that I'm disappointed with how they handled the pets-turning-into-humans aspect. How many transformed? 12 out of 40? Talk about a waste of a gimmick.

This I have to agreed. I know they can't make all but I would love to see at least half of it.
Dec 26, 2015 2:38 PM
Feb 2012
They could've easily done all the pets' transformations throughout the 39 episodes, especially as most of them are 2 stories. Instead they chose to waste time with random nonsense like the stamps episode. >_>
Dec 26, 2015 9:03 PM

Apr 2015
Orion_Eden said:
They could've easily done all the pets' transformations throughout the 39 episodes, especially as most of them are 2 stories. Instead they chose to waste time with random nonsense like the stamps episode. >_>

Ya I was talking about that too. I was like it seems that anything can have their episode as long as ruby cast her magic to it. An example would be like that other stamp episode that decide to leave the kirara family
Dec 26, 2015 10:52 PM
Jul 2015
Wow... Jewelpet is finally over...

June 21 of this year was the date I watched the first episode of Jewelpet from the first season, and after that, I was hooked immediately. I told all my friends about it, and everyone knows how much I love this show. I marathoned it through the whole summer, going through one season a week because I had nothing else to do. I even torrented the full first season and watched that all the way through because the subbers didn't finish that season.

This has been a really fun 6 months with new Jewelpet episodes. This finale was a nice way to end the season and the series as well. Although, I feel like it was kind of rushed. It seems like the main plot to this season was "We need a new Jewelina in order to fix the Jewel Castle." Luea was a perfect candidate for Jewelina, and I was surprised. At the end, they also referred back to the very beginning of the series, where Ruby met Airi for the first time 7 years ago. Airi's mom came into the room because of the Jewel charm, and I thought they were going to show her, but nope! Just a tease!

This is my weakest season by far, but it looks like I'm not alone. The producers tried out a lot of different things this season: Changing Luna's voice and giving her glasses, turning the Jewelpets into humans, and 100% slice-of-life with any changes being reverted and not saved in the following episode, and I don't think any of them worked. With the last point, they did the same in Sunshine too, but Sunshine is also my second weakest season. What makes Sunshine better than Magical Change for me is that Sunshine had amazing opening and ending songs; Magical Change's opening and ending songs were my least favorite in the whole show.

I would have wished Jewelpet would be dubbed and aired in the United States, but it doesn't look like that will ever happen anymore. Firstly because the series is finished, but second is because the whole series has nearly 350 episodes and it will take years to do.

One thing I was looking forward to at the end of the episode was a preview for Sanrio's next newest show that's going to replace Jewelpet, but I didn't see one with the episode video I was watching. I don't know if I'll watch it, most likely not though. So it's been a very great ride, and I will always keep Jewelpet in my heart.
Dec 26, 2015 11:51 PM

Apr 2015
ICanSnake said:

With the last point, they did the same in Sunshine too, but Sunshine is also my second weakest season. What makes Sunshine better than Magical Change for me is that Sunshine had amazing opening and ending songs; Magical Change's opening and ending songs were my least favorite in the whole show.

I thought sunshine was better because it sort of didn't have a story. Because of that, they can make filler episode. However for MC, the story was told on the first episode but they didn't tackle it. About 4 or 5 episode is focus on the story.

ICanSnake said:
I would have wished Jewelpet would be dubbed and aired in the United States, but it doesn't look like that will ever happen anymore. Firstly because the series is finished, but second is because the whole series has nearly 350 episodes and it will take years to do.

I think it have to popular in order to be dub and air on the states. But I would love to see it dub. Who knows, if it did get dub, sanrio might noticed the western audience, thus might continued the franchise.

ICanSnake said:
One thing I was looking forward to at the end of the episode was a preview for Sanrio's next newest show that's going to replace Jewelpet, but I didn't see one with the episode video I was watching. I don't know if I'll watch it, most likely not though. So it's been a very great ride, and I will always keep Jewelpet in my heart.

I think there's 2 reasons why there was no preview. First, usually they will tease on youtube before showing a 30 second preview. The other reason is there is 1 month left before it's completely over as for the next 3 weeks, they will air the jewelpet MC dream collection. On the fourth week, they will air a special episode between jewepet and the fairy anime
Dec 28, 2015 3:12 PM

Dec 2013
so glad this season is done. this season was beyond bad in terms of how the other jewelpet series weren't the greatest anime either but at least enjoyable or okay to watch.

Also the ending where Airi is a mom is just cheesy. Honestly wished they can make another season to redeem themselves since finishing with this season is plain sad.

I can't wait for the next series since it might be good

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Dec 28, 2015 3:17 PM

Dec 2015
Not the best in the Jewelpet series, but it was a bit of a fun watch. Not my least favorite in the Jewelpet series, though.
Dec 28, 2015 9:44 PM

Apr 2015
Hyuse said:
Also the ending where Airi is a mom is just cheesy. Honestly wished they can make another season to redeem themselves since finishing with this season is plain sad.

I can't wait for the next series since it might be good

I think the last episode is a good one to end it but not the whole series though. I heard that the designer of jewelpet(I think he is the designer) want to make another season. Maybe if the merchandise is selling better after a hiatus, it might be back???
Jan 2, 2016 6:31 AM

Apr 2015
Guess the ranking rise.
Jan 2, 2016 6:40 AM
Feb 2012
Doesn't make much sense considering its score TBH.

More topics from this board

» (IMPORTANT) Would you be interested in a new series in the Jewelpet anime?

Cybre771 - Mar 28

0 by Cybre771 »»
Mar 28, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Jewelpet Attack chance

Eluko-chan - Feb 5, 2016

2 by Fircoal »»
Feb 8, 2016 10:29 AM

» Jewelpet Magical change Dream selection: What is rilu rilu farilu? Discussion

Eluko-chan - Jan 31, 2016

1 by bgunit »»
Feb 5, 2016 2:58 PM

» End of the franchise?

Eluko-chan - Dec 19, 2015

8 by Hyuse »»
Dec 28, 2015 12:13 AM

Poll: » Jewelpet Magical Change Episode 38 Discussion

Eluko-chan - Dec 18, 2015

2 by Eluko-chan »»
Dec 19, 2015 7:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.