Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 25, 2015 6:08 PM
Aug 2015
Me and a friend started this youtube channel that discussions new episodes of anime from the current season and I'm the one who edits his videos. I was hoping that you could check out a video or 2 and give advice. Be as mean or hateful as you want anything helps even if its a minor thing like lighting or voice projection. Im just his editor and he's the spokesperson <3 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWQaJvBeBuLI0fm4dmfMwVA
Aug 25, 2015 6:09 PM
Aug 2015
zZz come over and lets get some netflix on, I'm tired.
Aug 25, 2015 6:15 PM
Aug 2015
You can survive without netflix for one day lol.
Aug 25, 2015 6:28 PM

Jun 2015
If you want to be really popular you need more shit flying around the screen / transitions. Make sure the viewer isn't watching the same thing for more than 30 seconds to a minute. I don't like that kind of gimick editing, but it seems to be what's popular.
Also don't advertise your youtube channel on mal.
Aug 25, 2015 9:13 PM

Dec 2012
Jeeves2020 said:
Me and a friend started this youtube channel that discussions new episodes of anime from the current season and I'm the one who edits his videos. I was hoping that you could check out a video or 2 and give advice. Be as mean or hateful as you want anything helps even if its a minor thing like lighting or voice projection. Im just his editor and he's the spokesperson <3 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWQaJvBeBuLI0fm4dmfMwVA
Don't worry, I'm just here to dislike and flag your videos.

Aug 25, 2015 9:24 PM
Jul 2018
BlankReviews said:
zZz come over and lets get some netflix on, I'm tired.

Netflix and chill doesn't end up happening most of the time. ;)

OT: Try to get as much exposure as possible. CD isn't the place to do it though.
Aug 26, 2015 4:19 AM
May 2015
Why are you starting from episode 8?

Anyhow, I don't care that there arent transitions everywhere or other silly gimmicks. It devalues the review and over powers it.

My general thoughts:

1. Discuss the content (things you think its doing well, things you think its doing poorly, what stuff means) and give your opinions on it. Of the videos I watched, you are just giving a commentary on the bits you liked. You're saying a lot of stuff but not really telling the viewer anything. If you want to hold peoples attention then you need more substance, you need to have an opinion.

2. I think you need to mix more footage into the review. Firstly, showing people what you are talking about is more interesting. Secondly, unless you have a set with good lighting and production values along with a strong screen presence yourself then it's not particularly engaging.

Ironically, I think this is what leads to gimmicks, transitions and other silly stuff.
Shameless plugging a review site I help out with: http://www.almostmainstream.net

More topics from this board

» To Heart 2 Konomi Yuzuhara (MegaHouse 1/6, 2007/2024)

MasterTasuke - 10 hours ago

1 by MasterTasuke »»
4 hours ago

» "Molly Ringwald"

MeanMrMusician - Yesterday

0 by MeanMrMusician »»
Yesterday, 7:57 PM

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

366 by nin-tendo »»
Yesterday, 12:18 PM

» Konomi Yuzuhara ♥ Innocent Maid

MasterTasuke - Dec 17, 2023

4 by MasterTasuke »»
Yesterday, 10:58 AM

» What software(s) and hardware(s) do you use for digital drawings?

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

19 by DesuMaiden »»
Yesterday, 7:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.