Forum Settings
Forums
New
What do you think?
Jul 8, 2015 1:59 AM
May 2015
As of lately, I began to add in all the anime/manga have seen and/or read onto my lists to properly keep track of things especially since I recently started watching anime again however, there is one big problem. I now have a huge row of genres that have not been filled which is quite frustrating to my eyes, so I decided to manually fill them in one by one. Although things got a bit repetitive and tedious within the first 20, so I tried to find a way to have the empty block filled automatically, and to my luck, I came empty handed.

So, that is why I am here. I want to request the option to have the genres automatically be filled. I feel like this would be a good idea for anyone who often visits MAL. It would be helpful. What do you guys think? What are your opinions? I would really love for this to be inputted into this site.
Jul 8, 2015 2:11 AM

Feb 2010
Why would you do that? It's a tag column, not genre - you can enter whatever you want there (however just copying MAL genres is really pointless) or just remove it.
Jul 8, 2015 6:53 AM

Jun 2011
The tag column isn't a genre column. I see the tag section used differently on MAL. Usually for one or two worded review on the series, personal notes, or like how you're using it. For genres.

I use it for genres but it's not visible on my list because I think it looks cluttered. I don't update the tag column unless I start on the anime. You could do what I do and just copy-paste the genres from the anime page. I understand that it can be frustrating since you're trying to fully update it but once you're done, it won't be such a big deal.

I know copying it is pointless but I just don't like my entries having blanks. XD I like the thought of having an autofill. I think it would be a good idea for maybe the search engine. That's a different topic but yeah, the tag column isn't mainly for genres. It's for whatever the user wants so I think the autofill for that reason would be pointless.

More topics from this board

» An "Anime Franchise" page

_cjessop19_ - 3 hours ago

0 by _cjessop19_ »»
3 hours ago

» Combining every season of an Anime?

Dennisss - Apr 1, 2021

17 by _cjessop19_ »»
3 hours ago

» Add the option to change profile favorites pictures

k1rb - Oct 21, 2022

19 by k1rb »»
Yesterday, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
Apr 24, 9:57 PM

» Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

Yacine2104 - Jan 10

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 24, 12:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.