Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 28, 2015 7:08 PM

Oct 2014
The Arena where events like gladiator fights are held.

https://media.moddb.com/images/games/1/13/12766/arenaoutside.jpg
WymsicalJun 28, 2015 7:14 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 28, 2015 11:43 PM
Mar 2013
He found the arena rather quickly. He could hear the crowd roar as the people inside enjoyed the blood sport. Siegfried looked to his axe then to the entrance. Should he go in and see if it's worth his time or not.
Jun 29, 2015 1:05 PM

Jan 2013
Looking around, grave notices some of the multiday festivals planned for the greeting of the King..though all the same she didn't much care for the other things. Looking at the man at the counter she pauses.

"So I can beat up and kill people..in front of a crowd...and not get in trouble? Most people get upset when I do this...are you lying to me.." Looking at him with a pursed lip and one eye opend more than the other, with her head tilted, this offer sounded to good to be true.

The Man behind the counter shakes his head. "...well killing on accident is fine..though..yes this is a fighters event Mi Lady."
Jun 29, 2015 1:46 PM
Mar 2013
Siegfried saw the girl talking to the man behind the desk and walked up and asked "you want to join such a game?" He asked the woman bluntly. He honestly wouldn't have expected to see someone like that in this.
Jun 29, 2015 1:55 PM

Jan 2013
"Maybe I do. The Names, Deadman, Deadman, Grave." With the Mention of her name the counterman seems to stiffen slightly. "Depends what the pay is." Humming happily it seemed, while the man at the counter, instantly at the mention of the name Grave knew who the woman was, and was suddenly hoping she didn't want to enter.

"Bounty Hunter, and Undertaker. I do odd jobs as well." Inspite of being dressed as a refined lady, the so called shovel on her back gave some hint to the truth in her words, though if one got a look at her feet, plate boots rather than dress shoes were on her feet. "What of you kind sir?"
Jun 29, 2015 2:01 PM
Mar 2013
"Mercenary. Not much else to say there. I work for any side that's got the cash and need if my service." He looked to the man at the desk. "Also the name is Siegfried." He was debating whether or not to join up.
Jun 29, 2015 2:19 PM

Jan 2013
"Mercenary ehh?..that costs too much money, too many people to kill and tring to kill you..its like storming a bandits camp, I have to kill all of them to get up the steps just to kill the one I'm after." Grave says with a smile, pondering the issue of the tourny she shrugs. "At least with these bruised noble pride always leads to work for us both." Humming a tune to herself, she was wondering if that pope fellow that plays with blood all the time had a job for her or not.
Jun 29, 2015 2:59 PM
Mar 2013
He nodded. "I hear you. Though you have to admit being in the middle of a giant clusterfuck of a battle tends to get ones heart going." He said patting his axe. "Unfortunately it means I have to sharpen my axe regularly."Every time he went into a fight his axe normally would need to be sharpened.
Jun 29, 2015 4:39 PM

Jan 2013
"Hmm..I see..blood pumping huh? I just do it as its what I know." She says with a smile she shrugs not fully understanding what the man meant. She killed because she was good at it, and as some people just pissed her off, there was no sport or honor in it for her.
Jun 29, 2015 9:20 PM
Mar 2013
He thought for a moment and looked to grave. "That's how it is for most people. I do it because I enjoy fighting strong opponents and mercenary work let's me do that and make money. If I didn't need money to survive I'd just do it for free." He had actually worked for free in the past but that didn't last long.
Jun 29, 2015 9:42 PM

Jan 2013
Pondering that for a bit, Grave had to reflect she didnt know why she made money..or needed more, she had fine clothes, a reputation, even a mansion though it was poorly kept.. "I see..if I really think about if I just have money as I want it. Or want to rise up from my standing." Pondering what to do next she shrugs. "Well go ahead and enter if you want, I still need to think on it." She says with a smile. Walking towards the desk the metalic clanking of plate armor could be heard.
Jun 30, 2015 11:39 AM
Mar 2013
He looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "Huh." If he had heard right there were metal plates under her clothes. That was definitely knew to him. He decided to sign up and see how this turns out.
Jun 30, 2015 12:44 PM

Jan 2013
(A job for you wym, npc time)

Noticing Grave approaching the counter the man behind it squrims slightly and pulls the ledger back as Graves gloved fist pins the book in place. "I..I know who you are, but please don't kill anyone. These are good people..mostly.."

Ignoring the mans fearful protest Grave remains staring at the man with a smile on her face that made her seem while strange, just like any other well to do lady..unless you knew of her.

"Hey hey! Guard man, if I sign up what events are there and what prize..I hear this is lasting a few days so I don't want to enter everything yeah?"
Jun 30, 2015 5:21 PM

Oct 2014
The city watch guard walks over to the shovel wielding girl, Yes, there will be a tourney, an archery competition and lancing if I am correct. It will only go on for a couple of days though, the tourney on day one and the archer and lancing on day two. As for the prizes, well the Emperor will fill everyone in, but I've listened to some rumors that speak of a Knighting and a large purse of gold for the winners. He says to her, leaning on his spear as he spoke.
Jun 30, 2015 6:36 PM

Jan 2013
"Hmm..a knighting huh.." Not really caring about that, getting the money would be nice, the status a bonus.. "Okay, lets try it..just for the melee." Signing her name down on the form, Grave makes a Mhmp sound as if happy with her signiture, which was likely something she worked hard at learning to write.
Jul 1, 2015 12:55 AM
Mar 2013
"Well this is sure to be interesting." Siegfried said quietly to himself. He didn't really think the girl would be that strong Or dangerous given she's swinging a shovel around. But then again he knew better than to underestimate some one just on appearances.He would find out how strong she was soon enough though given he had signed up as well.
Jul 1, 2015 8:28 AM

Jan 2013
Grave humming to herself begins to twirl while humming a song, though on each spin her shovel becomes more clear that its design is while slightly curved, far more straighter than even a digging spade, while it could be, and in fact was used as a shovel, its design was more of a spear headed halberd. Stopping her antics she muses,

"Wonder how long till the king shows nevermind any other fighters..though we may be the only two of note so far..the rest of them will fall too easily.."
Jul 1, 2015 2:05 PM
Mar 2013
"As much as I hate to boast you're probably right. Odds are there won't be any of particular distinction save for a hand full." He said bluntly. In truth he even wondered if the strongest of the bunch would be worth the trouble.
Jul 1, 2015 2:19 PM

Mar 2015
[b]Rowen[/b]

Rowen entered the arena, then waited for the Emperor and king to arrive. She was definitely not pleased about the current turn of events. Especially if she would have to protect the boy when he married the princess.
Jul 1, 2015 10:17 PM

Oct 2014
Emperor Althalos Benedict

The Emperor and both royal families, both his and King Elendere's, rode on horseback to the Arena. The royal guard and King Elenderes guards surrounded them as they rode through the streets. Upon reaching the Arena, they dismount their steeds and head into the large structure, going up to the royal spectator seats reserved for the Emperor, nobility and the like. Emperor Benedict then gestured to the guards to allow any contenders into the underground waiting rooms where they would pick their blunted weapons of choice and wait for the melee to start.
Jul 2, 2015 7:53 AM

Jan 2013
Upon the Kings arrival and being usherd into the underground chamber, Grave was a bit disappointed no one else of note had so far signed up...though none of the knights really needed to..

However this disappointment soon turned to resentment and anger, as her so caled Shovel is collected from her. "EHH!? What the hell!" Allowing her weapon to be collected she glares angerly with a crazed look to her face. "It better be here when I get back..or I'll kill every last one of you.." While it could be debatable if she could kill all the guards at that, it was clear she meant it.

Looking at the row of weapons, Grave ignores all the spears, swords, axes and sheilds, going for a calary Polearm from the region of Kabul, called a Nagenata. Grabbing the pole arm she nods, a bit lighter than what she normally used, but it would do.
Jul 2, 2015 10:08 AM
Mar 2013
Siegfried gave up his axe without a fuss and discarded his shield. He looked over the weapons and saw a weapon from his homeland. He picked up the two handed dane axe. "I think I'll have the advantage in this honestly." The larger axe felt good in his hand.
Jul 2, 2015 11:54 AM

Jan 2013
"Oh?" Grave says simply with a smile. Staring at the axe and her own polearm she might not know many things but fighting was one of the few she knew. More so with poleblades such as this. likely to the surprise of some watching, grave starts to lift up her dress, rather than nakedness being beneath it, there was light plate armour with some sections of leather. "I wonder.."
Jul 2, 2015 1:24 PM
Mar 2013
He raised an eyebrow as he looked at the plates and said "huh. So that what that noise was." Siegfried looked himself over and the only armor he had was his helmet and that wasn't exactly much. He had not once thought to buy armor, normally he didn't need it.
Jul 2, 2015 1:52 PM

Jan 2013
Removing her gloves next, Grave shrugs. "What is that odd? I always do that..but I've lost one dress today..I will not another.." Neatly folding the dress up, she hums waiting to see who else would be entering of note or at least what this royal guy had to say before it all started.
Jul 3, 2015 1:38 PM

Jul 2013
Lirael had slid out of the saddle slowly. She could ride at a walk and if she had to, yet she preferred to stay away from the saddle as much as possible, especially while in a dress.

She followed in silence not saying a word, looking straight ahead yet not really seeing, while trying to push away all the thoughts that did not stop assaulting her mind, which ranged from random stuff like 'when dinner was due' and 'how nice the weather is on such a horrid day' to 'How was Aurelia faring', 'What was going through Willas' thoughts', 'had the king been offended', to 'where was her senior'.

All the thoughts going through her head probably made her seem distant, far away and not present, Lirael couldnt really care about the tournament, after all it was just people fighting for glory, why did people have to fight for ' glory? Why couldnt you cook for glory? sew for glory?Paint for glory? Why did you always have to hurt for glory?
Jul 3, 2015 5:22 PM

Oct 2014
Prince Willas Elendere

Willas got off his mare and patted her flank before walking into the Arena behind the King and the Emperor, he looked back at Lirael and tried to lighten up the mood a little by smiling, the smile became more of a grimace, so he turned away quickly. He sighed to himself and walked into the Arena, it was a unwanted fate to be forced to marry, but one he had to accept.
Jul 4, 2015 1:05 AM
Mar 2013
Siegfried looked to Grave and asked. "Where did you get your armor?" He was curious as to where such a custom set could be obtained. It was probably expensive.
Jul 4, 2015 8:47 AM

Jan 2013
"Hmm?" Smiling a bit Grave decides to answer the mans question, honestly, though missing his point, or rather the other part of the explination. "Oh I bought it."

As to how she bought it, or had the gold to do so, the warry guard unlike his calmer partner keeps an eye on her as if knowing.

"Are you one of those River raiders I've heard about?"
Jul 4, 2015 1:27 PM
Mar 2013
"I figured that. I'm asking were you bought it." He repeated. Was shedull or something he asked himself. "And as for yourquestion I'd have to say that's one way of categorizing me though my family raided more than just along rivers." He said. He kept his eye on the guards tapping his helmet with the axe.
Jul 4, 2015 8:27 PM

Jan 2013
"..A store?" She asks while tilting her head, looking at the man as if he were the dense one.

"Where else would I buy them? Though some of the peices were a gift from my master, that I upgraded over the years." Grave humming to herself seems somewhat bored as she twirls the halberd from before.

The nervous guard from before seems to be working his way over to the man but points at the girl in such a manner she would not notice, as well as the man, as if to be willing to share information with him.
Jul 4, 2015 9:17 PM
Mar 2013
He nodded. When he looked at the guard he sighed and walked over to the man. "Might I ask why you look ready to shake apart your armor?" He said looking him over.
Jul 4, 2015 10:21 PM

Jan 2013
While the calmer partner sighs taking more fighters down, he smirks slightly. "Why do you think we had the sudden change to pratice weapons?"

With that bit said, the man goes back to his work leaving his partner to do the talking. "If yer from the river lands, it aint much a surprise you never heard of her..shes an infamous bountery hunter..some say an assassin. But aye my partner has the right of it..she looks like a frail little woman, but I seen er carry full grown men like sack of feed, and knock down doors with just erself...I don't want her here, as she brings death with er.."
Jul 4, 2015 10:26 PM
Mar 2013
He looked at him for a moment wonder if he was jesting but it was obvious he wasn't. Siegfried got a smile on his face as he gripped the axe tighter in his hand. "Oh really? Well then you just made my day son." He said. If she was as strong as they said then he would enjoy himself. "It looks like it was a good idea to grab this axe."
Jul 5, 2015 5:38 AM

Oct 2014
Men and boys of all sizes, shapes, ages and skin tones were in the waiting room with the mercenary and shovel wielding woman. They had already picked their blunted weapons and were ready to go. Many were peasants from the slums but there were a few people of the Noble families that would prove quite worthy in the Arena, due to the training they would have received because of their noble heritage. A couple guards began to makes a few rounds and make sure everything was in order, they nodded to a servant who then ran up the stairs to the Emperor, delivering the message that the contenders were ready.

Emperor Althalos Benedict

Althalos received the message from the servant and stood from his seat. He raised his hands to hush the crowd, People of Arzla, today, it is my greatest honor to welcome King Elendere and his family to our fabulous City. To show this, a series of events will be held in this Arena. Today a tourney where contenders will battle it out with blunted weapons to arise on top, any who yield or are deemed incapable of fighting will be eliminated. Tomorrow we will also host an Archery competition where men and women will test their eyes in a fierce test of accuracy. On that same day, a lancing bout will be held to test one's balance and strength. The prize for winning any of these competitions is this, a purse of 5,000 gold coins and the title of "Knight" bestowed upon you. Now many of you may wonder what business King Elendere has in Arzla, and to that I have the most greatest of news. Prince Willas Elendere and Princess Lirael will be married to seal a bond of trust, friendship and alliance. King Elendere will join his forces to ours in the war effort against Kabul. He finishes his speech and waits for the ecstatic cheering and applause to die down, the crowd was roaring approval and letting their voices of hope be heard. The hope that they would finally be able to end the drawn out and destructive war. Althalos then looks at the guards by the large double doors leading to the waiting rooms, Please, bring forth the contenders!!! He commands them in his authoritative voice.
WymsicalJul 5, 2015 5:44 AM
Jul 5, 2015 11:47 AM

Jan 2013
"Tch..a war? I don't like wars..too many instructions..more bodies to bury that its worth..mass graves.." Shaking her head, Grave grabs her Pole Arm, walking out onto the field with a smile to her face, she could care less about the Gold, she already had plenty of that hidden. But the title could be useful...and with this announcement as well as the rumours of a Kabulian Envoy traveling this way..it could be..to her own profit being close to the royals..very much so.

"Well.. you should get going." The guard says to the axeman, while turning his back towards his own paper work.
Jul 5, 2015 2:03 PM
Mar 2013
He nodded and walked out with a smile on his face. Today was going to be a good day. he looked over the crowed and honestly didn't thinking of anyone else there. But knowing what he knew know he was assured there was too be at least one decent opponent.
Jul 7, 2015 2:03 AM

Jul 2013
Hearing her fathers announcement, Lirael entwined her arm in Willas' and stepped forward, dragging her with him to the balcony so the audience could see their unification, a big smile was decorating her face, yet her eyes gleamed with a small hint of sadness that was barely seeable, as if this were the happiest moment of her life, of course, that's what everyone had to believe, "may the odds be ever in your favor" she told the crowd nudging Willas slightly so he would say something and hope he would play along
Jul 7, 2015 2:20 AM

Oct 2014
Prince Willas Elendere

He was sweating now, not even trying to smile. This was it, it had been announced, there was no way they would ever back out from this. He didn't want to do it, it was all too quick and rushed, he would have to govern these people. He didn't have a choice in his future, it was all set out for him and that scared him. He stood there and his mouth opened and closed as he tried to form words, the crowd was silent at Liraels speech and we're looking at Willas expectantly. It was as if all sound had been muted, he closed his eyes and swayed a bit, trying to calm himself. This was his duty, he had to do this for the good of Farem. He swallowed deeply and opened his eyes, looking back at the staring crowd. I am extremely honoured to marry Princess Benedict and our bond of matrimony will see the end of the Kabulians, he says with a strong and firm voice, the voice of a leader.
Jul 7, 2015 2:25 AM

Jul 2013
"As am I Prince Elendele" she spoke to the crowd looking straight at him now, she could see how he didn't want it just like her but he wasn't as good as masking his emotions, not even she had been able to mask them as good as she thought since his father had seen right through her, "smile" she whispered to him now "it won't do if they think you don't want to marry" she told him softly
Jul 7, 2015 2:43 AM

Oct 2014
Prince Willas Elendere

He glanced at her and nodded slightly. He smiled at the crowd winningly, flashing the perfect grin that all the ladies would swoon over. The crowd roared in approval and the women screamed out his name, he looked at Lirael, his eyes filled with the longing of just getting on his horse and riding away. He had always wanted to rule and marry a Princess, but now that he was here, he found that he was terrified. He put his sweaty hand in hers and gripped her soft flesh, trying to anchor himself in this petrifying reality.
Jul 7, 2015 2:52 AM

Jul 2013
Lirael flashed him a small smile do her own as she gripped his sweaty hand and gripped it tight, anchoring them both in this unwanted destiny, neither of them wanted to be here, neither of them really knew anything, both of them were brought up in a small bubble of safety, Lirael at least had guested hers quite some time ago yet had never shown anyone she had, since it was forbidden going to the slums and she had been cooed even more from her illness. "Let us retire to the chairs and have some refreshments brought" she asked Willas' she didn't to be the spotlight of the crowd anymore and maybe in the booth next door they could finally drop the façade slightly with neither parents around
Jul 7, 2015 3:11 AM

Oct 2014
Prince Willas Elendere

He nodded to her curtly and led them over to the booth, he let go of her hand and sat in a seat. He sighed and waited for her to sit down next to him, he would just have what ever she had. He didn't particularly feel like talking at the moment.
Jul 7, 2015 3:18 AM

Jul 2013
Lirael sat down gently as one of the maids hurried with the refreshments that were tradition at these events: strawberry wine, yet for her like usual it was diluted with water so it would probably be the same for Willas, she handed him the goblet and asked both of her hands about her own, just staring into the pinkish red liquid, wondering how long he events would take to finish..
Jul 7, 2015 3:51 AM

Oct 2014
Prince Willas Elendere

Willas looked at Lirael and then at his wine, swirling it around in his cup. watered? he asks her, trying to strike up conversation.
Jul 7, 2015 3:56 AM

Jul 2013
"Yes, alcohol and I do not walk the halls with linked arms" she sighed a looking away from her cup and towards Willas, "not would it do to have either of us drunk making fools of ourselves, is it not too your liking? Surely something else could be brought.." She trailed off, talking as she would to a stranger at court, because she really honestly didn't know quite well how to treat him, not after the kiss or their betrothement, even less in public
Jul 7, 2015 4:03 AM

Oct 2014
Prince Willas Elendere

No I don't suppose we should get drunk, we've already gotten ourselves into enough trouble, he says with a small smile. He takes a sip of his wine, it was a little too sweet but drinkable. He looks at Lirael, You think this could ever lead to love? he asks her.
Jul 7, 2015 4:07 AM

Jul 2013
"I'm not sure.." She opted to imitate his speech, friendly and warm, of course it wouldn't do to be all formal when they were betrothed, she chided herself "I'm don't know.." She repeated again staring at the liquid and swirling it around in the goblet, "was it really necessary? Your father seemed pretty open.." She trailed off
Jul 7, 2015 4:19 AM

Oct 2014
Prince Willas Elendere

He sighed inwardly, his father was foolish he thought. If he was not married to Lirael then the risk of Arzla turning on Eqomer would always be there, and what could mere Eqomer do in the face of a massive force like Arzla? War made monsters of men and no matter what the Emperor said now, greed was the number one killer of a man's conscience. Willas would of course never say this out loud, instead he chose to just say, [b]trust me, it's necessary, no matter how much we don't want to do it.
Jul 7, 2015 4:25 AM

Jul 2013
Lirael nodded somber going back to staring at her goblet, it was a hot day and neither of them wanted to be here, yet the 'what if''s did not stop swirling around her head, what if she had told the King the truth? What if she had Te her father the truth? What if.. All she could do now was fantasize about what could have been, like a distant dream, finally she gulped down a breath, she wasn't going to hold him to her, bind him to her, after all, he was a man, and a man could have as many concubines as he wished "if you desire other women, more feminine I will not object" she spoke slowly, after all, at least that way he would not get fustrated like the other nobles she had seen in loveless marriages
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» {Arzla} Hearthforge (Tilly's Forge/Home) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rauzi - Jun 25, 2015

343 by Rauzi »»
Aug 19, 2015 11:15 AM

» {Arzla City} - Tavern ( 1 2 )

Wymsical - Jun 21, 2015

75 by Wymsical »»
Aug 16, 2015 3:52 AM

» {Arzla Castle} - Guest Room 3 (Sir Siegfried will be staying here)

Wymsical - Jul 12, 2015

5 by Ookami-51 »»
Aug 12, 2015 8:21 PM

» {Arzla City} - Streets ( 1 2 3 )

Wymsical - Jun 20, 2015

135 by ChadNegro »»
Aug 12, 2015 7:15 AM

» {Arzla City} - Arzla City Entrance ( 1 2 )

Wymsical - Jun 20, 2015

58 by Ultea »»
Aug 10, 2015 1:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.