Forum Settings
Forums
New
Which is better Shorter or Longer Anime
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 8, 2015 9:23 AM

Aug 2011
I honestly prefer longer series (You could tell based on my favorites) because even though I love a good amount of shorter series with awesome storytelling, the longer series (Not all longer series) usually come out on top because of how long it is

I also think that most people who watch short anime series can feel intimidated by longer ones (One Piece and Detective Conan for example because they have at least 700 episodes or more) because they could think it is a waste of time, or they just don't want to get into it.

Then there are the ones that prefer to bash the longer series without watching them at all, because they think they're cool.
Jul 8, 2015 9:56 AM

Feb 2014
I don't really like watching too many long series because

1) I'm not one of those people who want their fave anime to go on forever and ever. If a story is at a point where it's told its story or should end, then it needs to end.

2) It's too much of a gamble. Obviously watching a few episodes to see if it's good won't work on something with 400+ episodes, but it would feel like a complete waste to spend a ton of time (maybe like 50-75 episodes) just to see if I like something.

3) If it ever gets to a point where I don't like it anymore, sure I could stop watching, but really, if I've already watched 300 eps, then I might as well stick with it, I've already wasted THAT much time (150 hrs since most eps are 30min)

Jul 8, 2015 10:59 AM

May 2015
Xarvyn said:
I honestly prefer longer series (You could tell based on my favorites) because even though I love a good amount of shorter series with awesome storytelling, the longer series (Not all longer series) usually come out on top because of how long it is

I also think that most people who watch short anime series can feel intimidated by longer ones (One Piece and Detective Conan for example because they have at least 700 episodes or more) because they could think it is a waste of time, or they just don't want to get into it.

Then there are the ones that prefer to bash the longer series without watching them at all, because they think they're cool.

What's good about length?
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jul 8, 2015 1:58 PM

Aug 2011
TheBrainintheJar said:
Xarvyn said:

What's good about length?

I feel like I can see characters grow more that way instead of just 13 episodes. I dropped Toriko and Fairy Tail, so I am not saying all longer series are good.

There are shorter anime I have watched that I rank higher than the longer ones I have watched. I just prefer lengthy anime.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Do you feel just not excited for anime these days? ( 1 2 )

anizawa89 - May 10

56 by NonAtmospheric »»
2 minutes ago

» List of canceled anime.

ZXEAN - 8 hours ago

25 by ZXEAN »»
6 minutes ago

» Have you ever felt so satisfied after finishing certain anime that you don't even want its sequel? ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 12

51 by Toooooooooohru »»
16 minutes ago

» Have you encountered any waifus that you can ogle 24 hours a day and still not get bored [there are a few]?

Catalano - May 8

10 by ZeroMajor12 »»
36 minutes ago

» Hidden Gems of Spring 2024

ForgotEyeWasHere - Yesterday

26 by Ruschnav »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.