Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 24, 2015 6:53 PM

Mar 2015
A large camp where Rodrik's Mountain Bandits reside, it is currently located near a mountain pass on the border of Arzla and Kabul.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 24, 2015 7:03 PM

Mar 2015
Rodrik walked through his camp, carrying a large two handed axe over his shoulder. His men were currently enjoying their spoils from a recent raid on a small settlement nearby, their spoils mostly consisting of food and women.

He eventually came upon his tent, a large circular makeshift hut made from salvaged wood and furs. He opened the flap to his tent, ducking in. Inside there was a portable cot in the corner to his right, a firepit in the center, and a large table to his left, with many maps, books and scrolls on it, as well as some slightly stale bread and a half empty mug of mead.

He walked over to the table, pushing aside the scrolls and books to reveal the map underneath.

He had placed the tip of a finger bone on the map to represent his camp, right between a mountain pass on the border of Kabul and Arzla. He had chosen this location as it proved fairly lucrative capturing scouting parties from Arzla trying to take a stealthy path into Kabul territory.

He waited in silence for his scouts to return and give him his report, they had left at sunrise, and it was almost sundown. Worst case scenario was that either the Kabul or Arzla Army had run into them and killed or captured them, but he had faith in his men. He idly picked up the mug of mead and took a sip from it, setting it back down on the table, not looking away from his map.
Jun 24, 2015 8:29 PM

Jun 2015
Ymir

She slowly walked up to Rodrik's Tent, ignoring the men around her loudly enjoying the loot from the last raid. She stopped just outside of Rodrik's tent. "I 'hope he's not too cross with me for takin' too long, s'not my fault Borris got 'imself injured on that hill like a bloomin' idiot." She thought to herself, as she lifted up the door to the tent, poking her head in.

" 'Ello, Rodrik?" She said as she did so
Jun 24, 2015 8:39 PM

Mar 2015
Rodrik turned his head to look at the girl peeking in briefly, turning his head back to the table with the map. "Come in." He ordered simply, his tone even. He took another small sip from the mug of mead, setting it down on the table when he was done. "What's your report?" He asked, still not looking up from the table.
Jun 24, 2015 9:21 PM

Jun 2015
Ymir

She walked into the tent, taking out a battered old journal.

She hands it to Rodrik, saying "Me 'nd the boys found this on some Arzla Scout in the area, might 'ave some kinda useful information." She reported, as she leaned on the table next to him.

"If that's all for now, I'll be off to 'ave some food, aye?" She said, getting up and walking towards the the way back out into the rest of the camp.
Jun 24, 2015 9:29 PM

Mar 2015
Rodrik took the book, looking down at the cover worn cover. "Alright, be on your way, then." He said to Ymir as she backed away, she earned her rest, so she can have it.

Once she left, he turned back towards his table, setting the journal down and opening it. It seemed to be a log of the scout's journey, from what he had skimmed it didn't have anything ground breaking in terms of information, but it would prove useful none the less. After reading the book for about an hour, he closed it shut, and put it with the rest of the books on the table.

He picked up the mug of mead, finishing it off, before putting it back down. He would have to think about relocating soon, if the war starts to seriously kick off, this mountain pass could start seeing a lot of traffic, and he did not want to get trapped between the Kabul and Arzla soldiers.
Jul 12, 2015 7:59 PM

Oct 2014
Benjamin Torik

Ben and his 700 men were traveling up the mountain passes, Ben had heard of Rodrik last setting up camp around here. He gestured to Bran, Bran come wit' me, we'll pay these Bandi's a lil' visi'... He says with a grin. He had used the treatment that the Sultan had given him on his ruin of a nose. His nose was healing, but it was red, pus filled and looked nothing like a nose really. Despite its disfiguration, Ben could still be described as a handsome man, his blue eyes, raven black hair and facial structure were all perfect. Bran nods and races up the pass with Ben, leaving the force of 700 to make their slow way up the passes. Ben and Bran eventually come across the camp and they ride up to the sentries posted at the entrance. Ben raises a hand in greeting, Hullo, name's Ben, lookin' fer yer leader, Rodrik. The men clearly recognized Ben as the infamous mercenary with a 20,000 bounty, even through the mess of his nose. They stepped aside rather nervously, Bran began to chuckle lightly. Ben just continued to smile, they rode through the camp towards Rodrik's tent. Ben hops of his horse, Bran following suit, and they walk in. Rodrik, lon' time no see me frien', he says, referring to the last time they had met. A couple years ago, they had come across each other in Larse, their meeting wasn't hostile at all, but their always had been distrust between the two. Bandits and mercenaries were not inclined to be friendly towards other companies. Ben keeps his hands on the pummels of his dual swords, smiling through the disgusting mash of his nose.
Jul 12, 2015 8:30 PM

Mar 2015
Rodrik the Mountain

He glanced over his shoulder at the Mercenary, his expression not changing from his look of neutrality, meanwhile, Rodrik's men began to gather on the boundaries of their camp, looking to see what the disturbance was.

"Didn't expect to see you here, or ever again, for that matter." He said, turning his attention back to the maps on the table, his signature weapon, a long wooden staff with the iron plated skull of a deer fixed to the top, along with iron weights attached, was leaning on the table to the right of him.

"So, I can suppose that you are here for some kind of business, rather than trying to get in touch again with an old "friend"?" He asked simply, pausing for a moment before continuing.

"Or perhaps someone has paid you to kill me? I wouldn't hope so, as I prefer to fight those that cannot fight back." He said, still looking down at his maps.
Jul 12, 2015 9:40 PM

Oct 2014
Benjamin Torik

Bran, the man Ben had brought with him grinned stupidly, Wai' outside yer simpleton, Ben says to him, which he does. Ben turns to Rodrik and smiled, I suppose I shoul' cu' t'the chase aye? Well, yah see Rodrik, I recen'ly foun' meself in the employmen' o' the Kabulian Empire. My job as o' now, is t'raid any supply trains tha' come through this here mountain pass and basically jus' hassle the forces o' Arzla. I have seven hun'red men comin' up this mountain, yoo have three hun'red, sum simple math gives us the big ass num'er o' one thousan', now ain't tha' interestin'? I could use yer men and yoo could benefi' from this, I'll give yah thirty percen' o' the loot we acquire from them supply trains. Whaddya say Roddy? He asks, still smiling.
Jul 13, 2015 3:40 PM

Mar 2015
Rodrik the Mountain

He remained silent, still looking down at the map of the territory in front of him.

"Thirty percent? We've been looting supply trains already, and getting one hundred percent of it. If you want my help, you will have to come up with something a little bit better." He said, turning away from his maps to face Ben.

"How about this; You and your men can keep any and all money off these supply trains, while we get a majority of the weapons and armor, and the food can be split half and half, does that sound fair to you?" He asked
Jul 13, 2015 11:35 PM

Oct 2014
Benjamin Torik

Ben stood silent, albeit his eyes narrowed. Ben had always been a man that most would not haggle with. An' how bout I jus' get me seven hun'red men t'come up an' slaughter yee? Or I coul' jus' stick sum steel in yeh now... Le' me spell this ou' for yah, I don' need yer men t'win, bu' it'd make my job a lot easier. He says coldly, [b]Bu', I'ma generous man, an' I'll take yee up on tha' deal if yah bring the weapons an' armour down t'seventy percen' t'yah and thirty percen' t'me.
Jul 13, 2015 11:58 PM

Mar 2015
Rodrik the Mountain

"While the offer is generous, I do not appreciate the unnecessary threats. I was just attempting to make a mutually beneficial agreement." He said, turning back to his table and picking up his Warhammer, leaning it on his shoulder.

"Besides, why risk your life and waste good men starting a fight with me and my men? You'd certainly wipe us out, but at what cost? A couple hundred men? Perhaps your own life?" He pondered, pausing briefly before continuing.

"Regardless, you're "generous" offer was practically the same as my initial offer, I said a "majority" not "all" of the weapons and armor, so, wouldn't that would mean we are in agreement with the terms?" He finished, staring at the Mercenary with his icy gaze, wearing his normal stoic expression.
Jul 14, 2015 12:25 AM

Oct 2014
Benjamin Torik

His hands tensed on the sword pommels, In the business o' ours, majority gene'ally means ninety percen', you're a strange man Rodrik, he says, while he speaks, he decides to not open the mans throat for him. His grip, however, does not relax. [b]So ca' I confirm we hava deal?
Jul 15, 2015 7:58 PM

Mar 2015
Rodrik the Mountain

"We have a deal, I'll inform my men of the situation." He replies, still staring at the Mercenary through his skull mask with his cold gaze.

"Is there anything else I should be aware of about this deal?" He asks.
Jul 15, 2015 11:22 PM

Oct 2014
Benjamin Torik

He thinks for a second, the tiniest hint of a grin on his face. Nah, thin' tha's bout it. He says, a glint to his eye suggesting otherwise, Ben would burn that bridge when he came to it though. That is pretty much how he lived his life anyway. He turned on his heel and walked out the tent, grinning to himself. He breathes in the mountain air through his mashed nose, which resulted making a small wining noise come from it. Bran and himself then get on their horses and ride, ride back to their men, who would be nearly at the camp.
Jul 17, 2015 12:21 PM

Mar 2015
Rodrik the Mountain

He also leaves the tent, looking around his camp.

Many of his men soon approached him, asking him questions about what was going on, to which he informed them of the situation, and told them to spread the word.

The news spread quickly around the camp, soon reaching everyone within an hour. Most of the men were on edge about the idea, as they disliked the idea of working with mercenaries, but they all generally trusted their boss, so they didn't complain.
Jul 17, 2015 7:05 PM

Oct 2014
Benjamin Torik

Ben and his men had joined with the bandit camp, Ben was lounging in his tent when a scout of his came over. The scrawny scout whispered something in the notorious mercenaries ear and Ben grinned widely. Fan'astic! He says excitedly, he strides from his tent and tells one of his men to tell Rodrik to round up his men, there was a supply train coming, and a bloody big one.

The mercenaries hurriedly begin to prepare themselves for battle, I wan' fifty o' our men with bows n' arrows, put em' up high. He says to Phil, who immediately goes to obey. Ben leaves his horse, the supply train was in a deep pass and they would need to attack by running down a hill, the horses would be of no use. Ben's eyes glinted with anticipation as he waits for Rodrik the Mountain and his men to respond.
Jul 22, 2015 2:09 PM

Mar 2015
Rodrik the Mountain

He was pacing around his camp, as he normally did when he wanted to think, when one of Ben's mercenaries, approached him quickly, and rather excitedly reported of a nearby large supply train, then he quickly hurried off.

Rodrik began to spread the word to his men, and soon they were all up and ready to spring into action, Rodrik and around 200-300 of his 400 men gathered at the exit to the camp, all of them excited, and ready for battle. Most of them accompanied by crudely armored hounds, who were panting and rather restless at the moment.
Jul 22, 2015 2:20 PM

Oct 2014
Benjamin Torik

Ben stood next to Rodrik at the front of their small army, he was grinning madly. His destroyed nose marring his gleeful face. A ba'tle, fi'ally, he says with anticipation. Together with Rodrik, he leads the force through the twisted passes of the mountains until they stand on a ledge above a small valley, the hill that they would need to descend was steep and rocky. Fortunately this mean that they were for now hidden from view of those below in the valley. Ben crouched over the ledge watching the large supply train pass beneath, it had 27 wagons and 10 men to each wagon. 270 men in all. He waited for the supply train to get in an optimum position before screaming out, ARCHERS!!! His company, already ready with their bows, let loose a volley. Ben then got up and watched the arrows rain down upon their enemies. He then nodded to Rodrik, the signal to start the charge. The archers now fired at will.
Jul 22, 2015 2:30 PM

Mar 2015
Rodrik the Mountain

He nods back to Ben, then looks over to his personal group of Dead Men, and nods to them, he now stood up straight, wielding a battleaxe rather than his signature war hammer. He raised up the axe, yelling out "TIME TO GO, MEN!", as he did so, they all cheered and yelled. The first thing his men did were release the chains on the armored hounds, which then began to quickly and nimbly charge down the hill, his men soon followed them, with Rodrik and his Dead Men at the front, his men released a volley of arrows, stones, javelins and throwing axes down at the wagons as they charged down the hill, at this point, the soldiers guarding the supply train began returning fire, firing arrows at the charging bandits.

About 15 of Rodrik's men fell in the initial charge down the hill, either due to slipping and falling, or being shot with an arrow.
Jul 23, 2015 12:06 AM

Oct 2014
Benjamin Torik

The mercenary leader and his men ran side by side down the hill, like a small tidal wave towards the supply train. The men down at the train began to take formation as the roaring tide of warriors charged down the hill. They then slammed into the small amount of forces, the initial chaos and shock of a charge following suit. Men screamed, blood flew and steel flashed. Ben waded through the force, striking down foes with his dual swords. In a battle there was always cornerstones, cornerstones were the people that held armies together and that men looked up to. Cornerstones were not necessarily people of leadership but also of renown. Striking down a cornerstone could greatly send a army into confusion. In the charging force, Ben, Rodrik, the Dead Men and the Blood Knights were the cornerstones. In the supply train guard force, a large man wielding a double headed war axe was one cornerstone and the other was a woman on a horse with several javelins. Ben quickly made his way over to the woman, he figured that Rodrik would be able to see that the big man with the axe was the other threat.
Jul 26, 2015 3:34 PM

Mar 2015
Rodrik the Mountain

He walked calmly through the battle, any man foolish enough to get in his way met the end of his battleaxe, he was making wide and powerful swings that would fell enemies in one blow. He soon saw the big man with the axe, he was almost on par with Rodrik himself, he made his way through the battle towards him, getting ready to hopefully finally face worthy opponent.
Jul 27, 2015 12:12 AM

Oct 2014
Benjamin Torik

Seeing Ben, the woman quickly spun her horse around and spat, Benjamin Torik. She says, absolute disgust in her eyes. They had entered the pinnacle of battle, where two great warriors met, the warriors around them sensed the aura, time seemed to slow and the senses of the two warriors were at the peak. Ben bowed, A' yer quaintance mam, he says with a grin. The woman scoffs, It seems someone inverted your face for you. I will finish the job that they did not complete, I am the Catherine Tully, daughter of Garrison leader Tully, who leads Fort Mason. You will fall to my steel scum! She screams out as she picks out a javelin and throws it at him. It was a good throw, hard, fast and accurate to a pinhead. He quickly rolls to the side and launches himself forward slicing his dual swords at the horse, Catherine quickly drew a short sword and blocked his strikes, she wheeled the horse around and charged at him, trying to ride him down. He does a one handed cartwheel to the side and then immediately goes runs at her from behind as she barrels past. He jumps and does a flying kick, the flying kick was invented in the far east as a means to knock a rider from their horse, it was a very effective method. He slammed into her and sent her spinning from the saddle. The horse gallops away riderless, he grins at her and she sends another javelin at him, this one sliced into his right cheek and sent flesh spinning away. He spat and swore, she lunged forward and he deflected her sword. Immediately spinning to the left and jabbing at her with his left sword. She dodged it and kicked him, he stumbled away but she didn't let up. Charging at him and giving him no time to breathe, he blocked and dodged, getting more desperate, she was really very good at what she did. He spits at her with to which she recoils, he then takes his chance and slams his right sword into her gut, then he sent his left sword up and lopped off her pretty head. He grinned, dirty tactics worked on Arzlanians it seemed, but not on Kabulian princes.
Jul 31, 2015 9:43 PM

Oct 2014
(Monty hasn't replied and isn't replying. I have no idea what he is doing right now, I have sent him messages and what not but he is not answering them, despite being active.)

Benjamin Torik

The battle was quickly won thereafter by the mercenaries and bandits. The men began to loot the bodies of the deceased and transporting the goods to the camp. Benjamin's bloodlust was satisfied for now, hopefully the Sultan would make use of him and his forces soon. Perhaps an attack on Fort Mason. He goes back to the camp and gets his face wound tended to, his face looked like it had been through a blender now. With his smashed nose and half his cheek missing.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» {Arzla} Hearthforge (Tilly's Forge/Home) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rauzi - Jun 25, 2015

343 by Rauzi »»
Aug 19, 2015 11:15 AM

» {Arzla City} - Tavern ( 1 2 )

Wymsical - Jun 21, 2015

75 by Wymsical »»
Aug 16, 2015 3:52 AM

» {Arzla Castle} - Guest Room 3 (Sir Siegfried will be staying here)

Wymsical - Jul 12, 2015

5 by Ookami-51 »»
Aug 12, 2015 8:21 PM

» {Arzla City} - Streets ( 1 2 3 )

Wymsical - Jun 20, 2015

135 by ChadNegro »»
Aug 12, 2015 7:15 AM

» {Arzla City} - Arzla City Entrance ( 1 2 )

Wymsical - Jun 20, 2015

58 by Ultea »»
Aug 10, 2015 1:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.