Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 29, 2015 3:05 PM

Feb 2014
Hey guys, I want to know if this manga has only 4 chapters or if it has 11 chapters.

'My Anime List' is saying that it has 11 chapters, but I just could find 4 chapters proceded by an afterword.

When a manga is proceded by an afterword, usually is the end of it right? Where the author says his last words of his work.

So, after all, Renai Joshika has only 4 chapters or it has indeed 11 chapters? If it has 11 chapters, where are the other 7?

Thanks.
May 29, 2015 3:21 PM
Jan 2013
*small research done*

If I were to guess, those afterwords you saw were just the afterwords for the first volume. It's quite normal that mangas have those afterwords on each volume where the mangaka have to say something or draw a few 4 panel comics(or normal ones) about the production of the manga, probably the problem is that not many scanlators actually work on these pages.

According to Baka Updates, only 4 chapters were translated (The confusing part for me is both MAL chapter listing and Baka-Updt "ongoing" tag, but both would mean that 4 chapters is not the end of the series.

With their release pace on this project (Once every 300-500 days-ish) You won't be seeing much out of it soon though, unless a new group decides to pick up or they make it a priority.
gone bai bai
Jun 2, 2015 9:05 AM

Feb 2014
Mkim said:
*small research done*

If I were to guess, those afterwords you saw were just the afterwords for the first volume. It's quite normal that mangas have those afterwords on each volume where the mangaka have to say something or draw a few 4 panel comics(or normal ones) about the production of the manga, probably the problem is that not many scanlators actually work on these pages.

According to Baka Updates, only 4 chapters were translated (The confusing part for me is both MAL chapter listing and Baka-Updt "ongoing" tag, but both would mean that 4 chapters is not the end of the series.

With their release pace on this project (Once every 300-500 days-ish) You won't be seeing much out of it soon though, unless a new group decides to pick up or they make it a priority.

Wow, thanks for answering!
My hopes about someone seeing and answering my post here was minimun.
So, thanks.

Ye, I was meaning what you have showed in the "spoiler" button.

And, hm... it seem that they dropped, then. About 300-500 days-ish? I guess the scanlator group that was working on Renai Joshika dropped it; or, if it's really an "on-hold" status, with 300-500 days per chapter, is also a cruel thing they can do with the people that liked Renai Joshika.
Our hopes is what you've said "a new groups decides to pick up or make it priority", but sincerely, the way things are, I can't see it happening =(

By the way, I did not understand, Morishima's mangas is too confusing. I mean, there are sequels and prequels about a couple in different mangas. She does not make a complete story about something in a same manga, she spreads it in several mangas with different names, this way we can't follow the story very well of a couple because it gets too confusing, and we lost things about a couple because we could not find the sequel (or prequel) of it that is an another manga.

PS.: At MAL, http://myanimelist.net/manga/27299/Renai%E2%99%A5Joshi-ka its status is saying: "Completed", with 11 chapters.
TechOtakuJun 2, 2015 9:09 AM
Jun 2, 2015 9:27 AM
Jan 2013
Viteracf said:
Wow, thanks for answering!
My hopes about someone seeing and answering my post here was minimun.
So, thanks.

No probs, I have too much free time anyways.

Viteracf said:
And, hm... it seem that they dropped, then. About 300-500 days-ish? I guess the scanlator group that was working on Renai Joshika dropped it; or, if it's really an "on-hold" status, with 300-500 days per chapter, is also a cruel thing they can do with the people that liked Renai Joshika.
Our hopes is what you've said "a new groups decides to pick up or make it priority", but sincerely, the way things are, I can't see it happening =(

It could be said it's a cruel thing for the series fans, but apparently the scan group (Lililicious) been constantly updating and I can see they have a lot of on-going projects, so heeeeey, you can at least say that they're not dead, that's still a glimmer of hope, ain't it? -3-

You could go to their IRC and ask them about the project

Viteracf said:
By the way, I did not understand, Morishima's mangas is too confusing. I mean, there are sequels and prequels about a couple in different mangas. She does not make a complete story about something in a same manga, she spreads it in several mangas with different names, this way we can't follow the story very well of a couple because it gets too confusing, and we lost things about a couple because we could not find the sequel (or prequel) of it that is an another manga.

PS.: At MAL, http://myanimelist.net/manga/27299/Renai%E2%99%A5Joshi-ka its status is saying: "Completed", with 11 chapters.

Hunting is fun, why not -3-, that's also something that's not really uncommon, if I were to guess, those separated stories are either extras that are released a tadbit some time later or even the stories that they did first, then based a main series on that story.

Also going to trust MAL more on this one, on one of their current projects page it states that it have two volumes, so basically the next volume will have 7 chapters.

Either way, nothing much you can do than just wait, so good luck there '3', better start hunting other series to check now.
gone bai bai
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.