Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 5, 2009 12:20 PM
Jul 2018
Hey all!

So yeah, i think DB GT was an insult to the DB/DBZ saga. Goku becomes a kid again(what the hell), super saiyan FOUR ( ok now that's just going a bit too far), Super saiyan gorilla ( whaaaaat?) and Vegeta SS4 thanks to Bulma's machine ( hey i love vegeta, don't screw around with him like that).

Seriously... am i the only one going WTF???

PS: please don't hate me if you disagree :)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 5, 2009 3:25 PM

Apr 2008
Yeah, I hated that part with Vegeta.. Like he would ever accept that. -_-
Dec 5, 2009 9:52 PM
Jul 2018
No, you're not the only one. DBGT was indeed a steaming pile of shit and the only anime that I rated 1 so far. Also, I hate it when people treat it as canon, since Toriyama had nothing to do with the plot and the cast and always tended to ignore it in his other works that have DB refrences, like Neko Majin and the DBZ Jump Special.

The animation was bad and everyone looked ugly compared to their Z and even DB counterparts. Their wardrobe also sucked, especially Trunks' who actually was one of the better-dressed characters in DBZ.

And don't get me started on how the characters were so out of the character. For starters, Gokuu sounded completely odd, like when he angrily commented on Pan when she rushed on the bike "she's stubborn and her mannerisms are just like Chichi's!", according to toFunimation subtitles; I was like 'Whaat! when the hell did Gokuu start to talk like that?' where was the happy-go-lucky character who mistook marriage for food?

As for Trunks the staff who worked on GT stated in an interview that they wanted him to sound serious like Future Trunks now that he's older, and man, what a joke since Future Trunks wasn't a wishy-washy pansy. Also, Toriyama didn't alter his personality at the end of DBZ, so why act like you're better than the creator of the series and take such liberties. Where was the defiant Trunks from DBZ who was always up to mischief?

Overall, any Saiyajin who isn't Gokuu was weak and under-utilized.

Did I also say how I hated how they took liberty in altering many of the things that Toriyama had established in DB and DBZ? The black star dragon balls was a stupid plot since Toriyama never established that the dragon balls were an evil entity and that they'll one day produce evil energy from overuse. Also, for Buu's reincarnation and Gokuu's chosen disciple at the end of DBZ, Uub didn't play a major role and was utterly disappointing.

No wonder that GT got poor ratings and ended up being cancelled.
removed-userDec 6, 2009 11:50 AM
Dec 11, 2009 5:53 AM

Aug 2009
The show is called dragon ball so it makes sense that the final battle is somehow related to them, even if it's a bad way. Besides, a battle with a pink demon which has nothing to do with the dragonballs, is a much worse ending.

Nevertless, GT sucked, it should have been called dragon ball GK (<goku) because the show is mainly a giant tribute to goku...
Dec 11, 2009 9:13 AM
Jul 2018
Dcm18 said:
The show is called dragon ball so it makes sense that the final battle is somehow related to them, even if it's a bad way. Besides, a battle with a pink demon which has nothing to do with the dragonballs, is a much worse ending.

Aww, come on. Buu had some funny moments and the battle with him and SSJ3 Gokuu was epic. I also loved the episode in which Gokuu was begging the people of earth for energy for the Genki Dama and many characters from DB made a cameo. Also, in the Buu arc, Vegeta had some excellent character development.

What I meant was that, the dragon balls are viwed by Toriyama as a friendly entity that ends up saving the day in many cases. This is most evident in the Dragon Ball/One Piece crossover manga in which the cast from both series are being invited to a gathering of friends held by Shen Ron. Amusingly, Shen Ron was drawn drkinging tea and lavishing them with his hospitality.

But at least we both agree that GT sucked. And speaking of Gokuu, I remember reading in the interview by GT staff that turning Gokuu into a child was the only way for them to make the show focus on Gokuu again and come up with new conflicts for him. In other words, to waste numerous shitty episodes in which he gains power and try to find a way to get back to normal. Sounds like a bad version of Detective Conan to me >_>
removed-userDec 11, 2009 9:16 AM
Dec 11, 2009 11:57 AM
Jul 2018
Totally agree with Raven_Shinobi.

I think that Buu has a definite place in the DBZ world and has the perfect place as the "ending vilain".
I don't see how the ending with Buu can be worst than the ending where the dragon balls are assimilated into Goku...

Plus, i just remembered after seing that "friendly entity", the dragon balls were created by the Nameks ( a peaceful and kind community) , i think they would've said something if there really were 7 demons associated with the 7 dragon ball. I don't think they would've created them in that case... another fuck up by the staff of DBGT
Dec 16, 2009 8:32 PM

Jan 2009
yep dragon ball gt is just a waste of time
Dec 17, 2009 1:34 AM
Jul 2018
ios said:
yep dragon ball gt is just a waste of time

A huge one
Dec 22, 2009 8:41 AM

Dec 2009
It wasn't bad...but they should have stoped at DBZ...I've just watched it simply because it was Dragon Ball...
Anime Tops, Anime Reviews, Manga Reviews, Movie Reviews, Music Reviews, TV Series Reviews, Comic Books Reviews, Books Reviews, Drawings, Fan Art, Cosplay, Funny Videos
>>> http://thesquabnest.com/ <<<

My YouTube Channel
>>> https://www.youtube.com/user/squabanime <<<
Dec 23, 2009 12:17 AM
Jul 2018
IchiroHideaki said:
...I've just watched it simply because it was Dragon Ball...

So did i... but i just couldn't stop switching channels halfway through
Jan 3, 2010 11:12 AM

Jan 2009
I know i'm a bit late on entering my opinion on this topic, but yeah DBGT sucked ass, SSJ4 sounded like fun but the end relut was completely inconsistant with the first 3 Saiyan transformations. Vegeta in DBGT was just disgusting, Pan was one of the most annoying characters ever created, Trunks turned into a Gohan and Gohan became worse and the villain battles werent nearly as creative or well-cheorographed either.
Jan 4, 2010 1:22 AM
Jul 2018
Agree !!!

Now that you mention her, how come Pan doesn't have a SSJ state? She is powerful enought right?
Jan 4, 2010 5:50 AM

Dec 2009
Myeah lol, Goten as his son is pretty strong for a little one but Pan as his granddaughter is nowhere near as strong as Goten was. I know it's about genes but still, what's that all about.. or is she skipping a few levels like Vegeta and turning up SSJ4? lol
Jan 4, 2010 7:01 AM
Jul 2018
Maybe Akira is sexist and doesn't want a girl SSJ :P or maybe he feels like the Earth will be endangered whenever she is PMSing lol.
SSJ is a state that is usually achieved when incredibly pissed... so i conclude that her very 1st period didn't occur in DBGT.

If just one girl enters this topic and read what i just stated, i think i'm the one who will be endangered :P
Jan 4, 2010 9:45 AM

Dec 2009
Hahaha, u better put a "nothing interesting for girls here" sign in front of the topic or u're gonna get it ^^
If it works that way then damn, she might be able to reach SSJ5 before Goku and the others and even kick their asses.. maybe that's why Akira didnt let her do much :P
Jan 4, 2010 11:46 AM

Dec 2007
Pan never needed to transform into a SSJ. Toriyama-sensei didn't know how to draw a female SSJ. Also keep into account that Pan was only a few years old in her last appearance in the manga, while DBGT wasn't written by Toriyama-sensei.
Jan 4, 2010 11:57 AM

Dec 2009
For the Pan never needed to transform I would disagree :P
Also, in GT she was about the same age as Goten or even older and he could transform easily. The creator of DB didnt participate in GT so I dont think he ever planed for a female SSJ or even a female sayan. But we could only imagine what Pan would look like.. blond that's for sure lol. Can u imagine Pan SSJ3? or 4? lol, that would be too much
Jan 5, 2010 1:04 AM
Jul 2018
That would've added even more bullshit to DBGT :P
Feb 1, 2010 9:41 AM

Nov 2009
I hate GT a lot and I can't believe that Goten and Trunks didn't use fusion in GT. I also hate the animation of GT. But the only thing I like about GT is SSJ4. Some of the sagas didn't make sense!
Feb 1, 2010 11:25 AM
Jul 2018
Some...

More like all of them.
Feb 2, 2010 6:27 AM

Dec 2009
Damn those evil dragon balls ^^
Feb 2, 2010 9:34 AM

May 2009
Well... me and my brother together watched all the DB series (of course my brother watched it ones :)) and we started watching GT and we watched 10 episodes and now I couldn't force my big bro to ended it ^^' We also thinks that GT is sucks but I started watched it because it Dragon Ball after all :) But when I saw Pan and Goku as a child and horrible Vegeta haircut I don't want it anymore ^^' but I would like to ended it but... it suuucks :/ Who made this?
Feb 2, 2010 12:40 PM
Jul 2018
Some idiot NOT called Akira Toriyama that is for sure
Feb 2, 2010 1:13 PM

Mar 2009
I actually thought the fight with baby was pretty sick but yeah other than that GT was pretty much a joke
Feb 3, 2010 10:01 AM

Oct 2009
hehehe DB GT is the worst =P i like the other sagas xD the battle against freeza is the best o/
Feb 3, 2010 11:39 AM
Jul 2018
Havn't seen the Baby battle Patrick :P

And i prefered both Goku vs Vegeta battles RoXass ;)
Feb 3, 2010 12:48 PM

Jan 2008
The joke was so bad that it actually was funny.

You still can laugh about the miserable work which others have produced :).
Silent_BobFeb 3, 2010 1:37 PM
Feb 4, 2010 1:45 AM
Jul 2018
Indeed... happened to me after discovering teletubbies :P
Feb 4, 2010 3:42 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS MADNESS!
BLASPHEMY!

Burn down these pieces of "making kids gay" shit.
And I don't know why, but whenever I saw the stupid sun with the baby face...
I just wanted to punch it in the face really hard :o.

But before I start to drift away from the topic again:

Yes, DBGT is a bad joke which failed to fulfill our expectations.
The only thing which DBGT deserves, is to be flushed down the toilet. Yes, the toilet. This way it goes straight to where it belongs to, just like the other things you "occasionally" flush down the toilet.

I think I let DBGT off easy with just this :p.
Feb 4, 2010 5:30 AM
Jul 2018
It should be destroyed!! To the point that no trace of it's past existance is left!!

PS: I'm pretty sure there are some freaky subliminal messages in teletubbies, whenever i catch a glimpse of it, i just feel as if something is extremely wrong. There is a horrific secret behind it that's for damn sure!!!

Back to DBGT... hopefully one day will come when after mentioning DBGT, you get hanged.
Feb 4, 2010 5:43 AM

Jan 2008
Nah, no need to be that hard. You still should be able to talk about just in order to critizise it. Newer generations need to be aware of the past failures, so that they won't do the same mistake again.

If not, the world is heading into an.....
EPIC FAILURE!

But would be nice if Akira would conisder doing a "new" DBGT.
A real sequel. No need for a further transformation but letting Vegeta reach the SSJ3 stage. And both fusing as SSJ3 into SSJ3 Gogeta. And some new techniques and stuff in order to compensate for the SSJ4 loss.

You know, I'd really like to see them fight against other Saiyans who reached SSJ + status. Like Raditz and Nappa. Until now, the major villains (except for Frieza) all had regeneration abilities giving our heroes an absolute disadvantage. I also don't want fights where one side is outclassing the other one in one go. The best fights are still those which are even.
Feb 4, 2010 6:18 AM
Jul 2018
He should do some OVAs with the saiyans as the mains!

By the saiyans i mean the entire race, before they got blown p by friezer
Feb 4, 2010 6:33 AM

Jan 2008
Would be difficult because of the Bardock special. He and King Vegeta were probably the strongest Saiyans at this point (somwhere I read that they both had a power level of 10.000 or so and exclude Broly because he still was an infant). Or you want to return even more in time. There had to be one Legendary Super Saiyan before Broly. Or actually a regular SS which started the legend of the LSS.

I mean c'mon. If the Super Saiyan is a transformation which happens through intense emotions there had to be way more SSJs. Saiyans do get pretty angry and get their strength from anger as well.

Sounds impossible to me that on an entire planet of Saiyans not even one Saiyan was so pissed off to turn into a Super Saiyan.
Feb 4, 2010 6:59 AM
Jul 2018
Sounds impossible but that's how it is. No SSJ before Goku.

I like the way it all started with no SSJ but one (Goku), then it went the complete other way round, no non-SSJ but one (Pan) :P
That's weird lol
Feb 4, 2010 8:57 AM

Jan 2008
Super Saiyan bargain sale :D.
Feb 4, 2010 12:56 PM
Jul 2018
Evolution sure evolved quickly :P
Feb 4, 2010 1:47 PM

Jan 2008
Just you wait. At some point, we might even be able to transform as well!
Of course, I hit the overload and turn instantly into SSJ3 :P.
Feb 5, 2010 1:44 AM
Jul 2018
At some point you say...

Sorry to rain down on your parade but i'm ALREADY able to turn into a huge guorilla ^^
Feb 5, 2010 3:03 AM

Jan 2008
So, next you want me to tell you are a huge GOLDEN gorilla which transforms then into a smaller human-like gorilla with black hair and red fur? Else, you ain't as strong as a SSJ3 :P

BLASPHEMY!!!
Feb 5, 2010 6:11 AM
Jul 2018
Actually i'm a huge SILVER gorilla :P and i will then transform into a new species...

This new species is:
Feb 5, 2010 6:27 AM

Dec 2007
DBGT was alright. It's still miles above the live-action movies and I even prefer it to some of the DBZ movies, though not many of them... It's still nowhere near DB's, DBZ's and DBK's level though.
Feb 6, 2010 6:13 AM
Jul 2018
Gurenn said:
DBGT was alright. It's still miles above the live-action movies and I even prefer it to some of the DBZ movies, though not many of them... It's still nowhere near DB's, DBZ's and DBK's level though.

Which movies exactly if i may ask? :)
Feb 6, 2010 7:02 AM

Jan 2008
No, not Sephiroth :(.
Besides, that is lame :P. There is almost no one/nothing which can compete with Saiyans :P. But wait... I just got THE idea!

*Taking a notebook and writing Kaysabb in it and then waiting for 40 seconds to pass*

On Topic:

Well, as an example: The Bio-Broly movie was crappy. At least that is what I think.
The others were OK.

But now that you mention that...
Did they skip scenes or even episodes of DBGT when they aired it in your country? They showed only about 50 episodes here instead of the 64.

That way, they screwed up the series even more (here at least).
You were watching one episode and then they skipped about 2-3 episodes and you were somewhere else and didn't know what happened in the meanwhile.
Silent_BobFeb 6, 2010 7:12 AM
Feb 6, 2010 8:39 AM
Jul 2018
Silent_Bob said:
*Taking a notebook and writing Kaysabb in it and then waiting for 40 seconds to pass*

HAAA!! If you think that will kill me you're dreaming, plus there is a *Kaysabb chatting about his usual stupid coments and life... then after 40sec... dies*

Silent_Bob said:
On Topic:

Well, as an example: The Bio-Broly movie was crappy. At least that is what I think.
The others were OK.

I loved all movies but 2. Bio-broly and then one with broly vs trunks goten and Videl. I considered bio-broly ok. But the other one... oh lord what a catastrophe...

Silent_Bob said:
But now that you mention that...
Did they skip scenes or even episodes of DBGT when they aired it in your country? They showed only about 50 episodes here instead of the 64.

That way, they screwed up the series even more (here at least).
You were watching one episode and then they skipped about 2-3 episodes and you were somewhere else and didn't know what happened in the meanwhile.

Can't say :P... after 2 or 3 GT episodes i stopped watching it completly. I consider this one of the smartest decisions i have ever made in my life :)
Feb 6, 2010 9:06 AM

Jan 2008
Maybe I should've done so as well :O.
Feb 6, 2010 10:42 AM

Apr 2007
Kaysabb said:
Hey all!

So yeah, i think DB GT was an insult to the DB/DBZ saga. Goku becomes a kid again(what the hell), super saiyan FOUR ( ok now that's just going a bit too far), Super saiyan gorilla ( whaaaaat?) and Vegeta SS4 thanks to Bulma's machine ( hey i love vegeta, don't screw around with him like that).

Seriously... am i the only one going WTF???
Not at all. I absolutely hated GT! Just saying GT upsets me! X/
Feb 6, 2010 12:16 PM

Dec 2007
Kaysabb said:
Gurenn said:

Which movies exactly if i may ask? :)
I prefer GT to the first four movies and to the movie with Bio-Broly. All other DB/DBZ anime movies and specials are better than GT according to me. And the OVA's are too.
Feb 6, 2010 1:42 PM
Jul 2018
After making me go back to the main page to check what are those 4 movies ^^', i would like to comment.

The deadzone: Dont fully agree, but understand your point.
World strongest: A movie i actually haven't seen o_0... oh well it does look weird.
Tree of might: I think i know your reasons
Lord Slug: Apart from the presumed level right before SSJ, it was kinda cool wasn't it ?

Oh i would like to add the two Cooler's movies, good action but freezer having a brother is still... nieeeh... See what i mean?
Feb 7, 2010 4:55 AM

Dec 2009
Some movies like Bio-Broly are ridiculous. The first 4 arent as good as the rest but they're still good. Also, GT means Big Bang Kamehameha x 100 and Buu would beg for his life lol
Feb 7, 2010 8:10 AM

Aug 2009
i don't like a thing ,they maqde a big big family ,
don't they want the make a grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand grand son of goku?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Your favourite fight in DBZ

Silent_Bob - Jan 5, 2010

48 by Kenshiro57 »»
Aug 23, 2022 3:37 AM

» Favorite DBZ mothers

TerrorH3ctor - May 6, 2011

26 by Kenshiro57 »»
Aug 23, 2022 12:00 AM

» Touching moments in all Dragonball / DBZ

Silent_Bob - May 23, 2010

46 by Kenshiro57 »»
Aug 22, 2022 11:56 PM

» Favourite DBZ game?

hiruma55 - Jan 3, 2010

28 by Kenshiro57 »»
Aug 22, 2022 11:53 PM

» DBS AMVs

EmceePinks - Oct 30, 2018

0 by EmceePinks »»
Oct 30, 2018 3:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.