Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 4, 2009 4:13 PM

Jul 2008
Basically what the title said. If you are reading, planning to, or already finished reading it you can post here and give some of your thoughts.

Right now, I'm about to read Hannune Banhada! Season 1. I'm kinda excited because it looks cute and fun. I fail at distinguishing the gender though. Thought that she was a he and the old woman was a man. 8D;

Now go! Your turn...
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 4, 2009 4:53 PM

Jul 2008
Right now, I'm trying to read all Hwang Mi Ri's manwha.. But it's hard to cath her.
For now:
*Boarding House of Hunks
and
*He Dedicated to Roses
from Hwang Mi Ri
Dec 4, 2009 5:09 PM

Jul 2008
Boarding House of Hunks was fun for me at first. Now I'm reading it for the heck of it. I have to finish what I started policy.
Dec 4, 2009 5:33 PM
May 2009
Star Ocean: The Second Story
Dec 4, 2009 5:36 PM

Jan 2009
Flower of Evil - This is one I just picked up the other day after hearing so many good things about it. I'm really enjoying it so far. It has a nice serious atmosphere and the characters are very twisted and fascinating. Love the art too!

Savage Garden - By the same author as Flower of Evil. Wonderful art + historical setting + gender-bender + mystery = something pretty awesome.

The Bride of the Water God - One of my absolute favorites. Just too beautiful. I'm a big fan of fantasy type settings too so this really does it for me. And for once I really like the heroine! Soah is a great character.
Dec 4, 2009 6:22 PM

Sep 2007
I'm reading Let Dai at the moment. It's alright, but I can tell it's one of her first manhwa (feels a bit disjointed at times [for example, there are a number of things that happen for no apparent reason, the characters do this one panel and then that the following panel. There is no gradual movement from one panel to the next, which causing the flow of the manhwa to feel disjointed], too much inner dialogue, etc.) I expect it to get better, so I'm continuing on with it. Story is pretty interesting, albeit I don't really understand the attraction between Jaehee and Dai. Not because it is homosexual, but because Dai did such horrible things to Jaehee. Anyways I am rambling!
Dec 4, 2009 6:59 PM

May 2008
I read He Dedicated to Roses and I'm waiting for new chapter from The One!
Dec 5, 2009 2:30 AM

Mar 2009
I'm waiting for the new chapers from few mahwas (Boy of the Female Wolf, Delinquent Lesson, Miunohri to Swan, Goong, Do You Want to Try?, Honggane...) The updates are so slow:(
When Rapunzel finish updating Boarding House of Hunks i plan to give it a try:)
Dec 5, 2009 8:31 PM

Jun 2009
I started Immortal Regis, because I liked the cover illustration on the Top manhwa list. Haha. It's pretty cool, yo. ;]

Dec 5, 2009 11:03 PM

May 2009
i'm reading Boy of the female wolf, pig bride, the one, boarding house of hunks, do you want to try, Crazy Girl Shin Bia, etc.- so far i like all of them, but i do wish that some would be updated more frequently.
Dec 29, 2009 2:09 AM

May 2008
I'm reading Let Dai and I have the feeling it will become my new favourite manhwa~ ^^
Dec 29, 2009 6:28 AM

Sep 2009
100% Perfect Girl
Dec 30, 2009 6:19 PM

Sep 2007
Shin Angyo Onshi- Read the pilot chapter and chapter 1. It's ok, but the story isn't anything to get excited over. Lots of people, whose taste I trust, liked this manwha, so I'm going to give it some more chapters before I actually drop it.

Id- Really like the RPG-vibe this thing gives off. Id (Chunwha) is an interesting and fun character. I love how everyone thinks he's a lady (gives the manwha just the right amount of humor). I just don't like that none of the girls fight. At least one of them should join in and do something. :/

still reading Let Dai as well. It's getting more interesting, so I'm hoping the story and characters continue getting better.
Dec 30, 2009 8:49 PM

Mar 2009
i just finished he's dedicated to roses. it was an amazing read. i loved it. i really wish there was more though. im planning on reading H2O next.
Jan 4, 2010 3:39 AM
Aug 2009
I looked at new member cards and I was surprised there are so many manhwas I didn't hear about. So right now I am going through them and deciding what to read. So far it looks like it will be Love at first sight or The breaker.

soaring_wings said:
Shin Angyo Onshi- Read the pilot chapter and chapter 1. It's ok, but the story isn't anything to get excited over. Lots of people, whose taste I trust, liked this manwha, so I'm going to give it some more chapters before I actually drop it.

Shin Angyo Onshi is one of my favourite. If you stopped after first chapter you probably won't understand why so many people like it. For example I don't like first three volumes :) It is like they are there only for introduction of the characters. I like stories which start as obvious comedy and you have to think what a silly characters. But then you realize they have dark past or bear some kind of pain and that their cheerful behavior is not as cheerful as you thought. When something starts as comedy and then switches to tragedy (or in this case it is tragedy from the start we just don't know about it) you can feel their fall more than when they meet one bad thing after another right from the start. Argh! My english won't allow me to say what I want but I hope you understand what I mean.
Jan 20, 2010 5:55 PM

Sep 2007
@Dasha: I've read a little more and it's still ok. Since it's entertaining (but not yet engrossing) I'll stick with it at least till volume 4. ;) Manga/Manhwa has to be really offensive or boring for me to drop it after only a few chapters.

Only thing that bugs me is Sando sticking with a jerk like Munsu. Thankfully, she did tell him in chapter 4 or 5 that she would leave his sorry ass if he turned evil. I don't hate Munsu's character (I think he's pretty interesting), I just find it unrealistic for her to tag along with a total stranger who treats her horribly as well and then to start crying about it when he tells her to leave. ugh. But this is my personal opinion. I just hate when a possibly cool character is an emotional wimp, it makes them drastically less cool. Please tell me she gets better.
Jan 21, 2010 2:47 PM
Aug 2009
I finished Love at first sight and then realized that it has sequel (?) and thus it is still ongoing :/ I hate it when I start reading something and just when it starts to be amazing I have to stop because there aren't more scans. And this one is great. I don't like shoujo much but this one exceeded my expectations.
I am even waiting for more chapters of The breaker. This manhwa is great too :) It is amusing and funny. Lately I have become fan of martial arts and even though this probably doesn't have much in common with real martial art I am still loving it and impatiently waiting for more scans.
But right now I am facing a problem what to read next. Almost everything I check is still ongoing :/ I am thinking about Veritas but it seems to be similar to breaker so maybe I pick again Fever and give it another try. I remember dropping it several months ago.

soaring: She will get better and she will not :D I know you may not understad but I don't want to spoil the story. I didn't like Sando. I think without her it would be on entirely different level. For me she was just stupid and overly dependent woman.

Edit: Just finished Fever. Why did I drop it? It was good.
Dasha9xJan 23, 2010 11:19 AM
Jan 31, 2010 7:43 AM

Mar 2009
I read our club forum and few minutes ago i found interessting series to read: Zippy Ziggy.

As all of korean mangas it has a lot of volumes and unfortunately it's not completely scanlated yet but i give it a try and if i find it worth reading i will be waiting for the next updates:))
Feb 5, 2010 5:20 AM

Jul 2009
I just started to read Not so bad, I'm curently reading first chapter and until now I can say that I like it.
I also read The bride of the water god, but it's still ongoing. The art is so beautiful, and the plot is cute. Another on-going manhwa is Teen Spirit. I like the art. It's published just the first chapter and I can't say if I like it or not, but I like the design and the chacters.
Beautiful fascination is better than love, but now it's just a little bit boring.
I think that's all, because I don't really like to start ongoing mangas/manhwas.

sorry for bad english >.<
Feb 6, 2010 11:04 PM

Jan 2010
Currently reading Ciel by Rhim Ju-Yeon. The story was great but confusing me so far xD
Feb 6, 2010 11:04 PM

Jan 2010
Currently reading Ciel by Rhim Ju-Yeon. The story was great but confusing me so far xD
May 19, 2010 12:05 AM
Jul 2009
I'm still waiting for Arcana volume 10 by Lee-So Young to be released. I've been waiting since October 2008. Is that considered reading? It was a very confusing story, but as I kept reading on, I started to understand what was going on. It's so complex with many characters and going back and forth in people's memories and the present time and into the different lives that they lived.. so I really need to reread it all before I can start on volume 10 when it is released at the end of June (I can't recall some of the things that happened).

I'm also reading her other work called Horror Collector (I wonder when it'll get released in English). She manages to make unique stories that I enjoy. The artwork takes some getting used to, but I think it's incredible. Some boys have long hair, but I know that they're boys.
samz00May 19, 2010 12:09 AM
Jun 8, 2010 3:10 PM

Apr 2010
I'm reading Legend and Angel Diary.

Jun 12, 2010 7:24 AM

Jan 2010
Planning to read faerie's landing but read volume 1
Reading volume 1 of SOUL TO SEOUL from Tokyopop. Kim jea eun

I love J.J x Gelda from Soul to Seoul. Anyone here who loves them too?

I'm an anime addict!
Jun 12, 2010 10:13 AM

Aug 2009
I'm reading Idol Shopping right now.
Also reading Saver, which I completely love and eagerly await the next chapter!!
Jul 18, 2010 12:38 AM

Nov 2008
Just started The Breaker, seems badass and the art is ..... *drool*
So awsome XD
Jul 19, 2010 10:09 AM

Jul 2010
Just finished 'He dedicated to roses'; awesome manhwa-love how the stoic guy falls for her in a day's time even though he thinks she's a boy!

Waiting for new chapter of: 'A wolf warning' and 'Do you remember mogwa'

Loved: 'You're so cool' and others

XD
Jul 28, 2010 12:13 PM

May 2010
Antique Romance - Great romantic mature story, but art is so-so.
Absolute Witch - Wonderful atmosphere, interesting characters and a much of mystery story.
Sep 16, 2010 6:12 AM

May 2010
Just started 'Bride of the Water God" I'm not too far in to say much about it but I think the artwork is gorgeous and I love the mix of Korean mythology

iSignature
Tumblr[/center]
Dec 19, 2010 7:23 PM
Dec 2010
The current manwha I'm reading are:
Noblesse
Tower of God
The Breaker: New Waves
Crepuscule

I especially enjoy the Noblesse and Tower of God. I've liked every single manwha I've read!
Dec 26, 2010 4:00 PM

May 2008
Right now I'm reading Model and it's really captivating. I mean, it's 2am and I still want to read more >.<
Dec 27, 2010 2:56 PM

May 2010
Kyomu9 said:
Right now I'm reading Model and it's really captivating. I mean, it's 2am and I still want to read more >.<

I bought a couple volumes of Model a while back on a whim and it was my first Manwha ^^ I really enjoyed it

iSignature
Tumblr[/center]
Dec 28, 2010 2:17 PM

May 2010
Sarasah, Crazy Girl Shin Bia, Antique Romance, I.N.V.U., and I accept you
Dec 1, 2011 11:29 PM
Jul 2010
a bunch

ben heu
dr frost
girls of the wild's
Apr 19, 2012 12:43 AM

Mar 2009
Guh, now I didn't read anything (maybe The Queen's Knight but really slowly because I waiting for much volume in czech language, only 6 been published) so I want read lot of them, shounen manhwa or gender bender...
Aug 6, 2012 11:10 AM

Feb 2010
Is there somebody following Crepuscule right now? ^^
Nov 10, 2013 5:21 AM
Feb 2010
Currently reading:
Tower of God
God of High School
Noblesse
Welcome to room 305

Webtoons are so interesting ^^... esp the COLOUR!!!!
Jan 10, 2014 2:20 AM

Aug 2010
Current ones are:
Girl Queen-confusing and tragic
and re-reading:
the bride of the water god-really beautiful artwork
Mar 24, 2015 1:21 PM

Sep 2007
Only slogging through Goong at the moment. It's alright, but I just don't really get all the hype? I mean, yeah the premise is interesting, but the execution leaves me wanting. For one, she's attracted to him cause of his sexy back? Really? Otherwise he's pretty mean to her and only once in a blue moon shows some kindness, so the romance isn't really my cup of tea. But well, I'm kind of picky with romance, so this can't be helped.

Recently also discovered the imprint of Mi Ri Hwang, which has been thankfully mostly hits. Really liked Legend of Nereid and I was kind of disappointed with how the ending left everything up in the air still. But still story overall was really enjoyable. I also enjoyed He Dedicated to Roses and Crazy Girl Shin Bia. The latter would not normally be my cup of tea, but whoever wrote it managed to walk that thin thin line between funny and annoying. I know others found Bia more annoying than funny, but thankfully I found her antics more amusing than annoying, so I had a fun time with the manga even if it was mostly fluff. Bring in on World! was also not bad. It just dragged out too much toward the end and the main love interest did not mature enough imo and was still kind of a jerk. The only miss from this group has been Honggane, which I felt the romance was a bit too manipulative for my tastes.
Aug 30, 2016 1:18 PM

Apr 2016
uhm.. i got a rather big list (i think?)
Tower of God
Kubera
Trump
Untouchable
Bastard
Wind Breaker
Noblesse
The Dice
Winter Woods
Sidekicks
Underprin
Catharsis
UnOrdinary
Ghosts among the wild flowers
The Gamer
God of Highschool
Nano List
I don't want this kind of hero
Soul Cartel
Magician
Dr.Frost
Gepetto
Girls of the wilds

sorry for the big post :/
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» The BEST manhwa ART STYLE!

la_tigra - May 30, 2010

21 by arahera »»
Aug 31, 2016 3:56 PM

» » Discussion: First Manhwa You Read

shizwei - Dec 4, 2009

41 by arahera »»
Aug 30, 2016 1:16 PM

» » Discussion: Manga vs. Manhwa

oxanabanana - Mar 16, 2009

23 by Nagadir-chan »»
Apr 18, 2012 9:38 AM

» » Discussion: Manhwas that You Want to See Animated

CodeSaint - Nov 20, 2009

20 by lepapillon »»
Feb 28, 2012 5:24 PM

Sticky: » » Favorite Manhwa Titles... ( 1 2 )

Gameover_Kate - Apr 13, 2008

97 by TeARsFade »»
Dec 30, 2010 5:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.